Is my Kindle hard-bricked?

Search This thread

SaiyanPride

Mar 17, 2014
I have the Kindle 8.9 HD with the front-facing camera. I tried to flash CM 11, but now it's stuck at the bootscreen. It has the orange and white boot screen and a second later, a pixelated white bar pops up on the left, then it stays frozen until I shut it down. Windows doesn't seem to detect it at all, and I can't seem to get fastboot mode except for in Ubuntu using Soupkit. However, even if I do manage to get it into fastboot on Soupkit, SK says the device is offline afterwards even though the tablet displays fastboot on the screen.

It should be said and might be obvious, I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. I spent a great deal of time reading into how to troubleshoot it myself. I do have previous experience with flashing roms on my Android phone, but that's about it.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Once it is in fastboot, reboot into windows and use kindle fire first aid. As I recall soupkit wasn't meant for 2nd gen kindles, only the kf1, but I could be mistaken, I use Ubuntu and know what I'm doing so I don't use these kinda things. Windows should detect the device as a jem device, so download drivers in my signature, extract them somewhere and in the device manager right click the jem device, hit update drivers, and point it to where you extracted mine. Once that is done kindle fire first aid should be able to reflash it.

Kffa: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2096888

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: SaiyanPride

SaiyanPride

Mar 17, 2014
Once it is in fastboot, reboot into windows and use kindle fire first aid. As I recall soupkit wasn't meant for 2nd gen kindles, only the kf1, but I could be mistaken, I use Ubuntu and know what I'm doing so I don't use these kinda things. Windows should detect the device as a jem device, so download drivers in my signature, extract them somewhere and in the device manager right click the jem device, hit update drivers, and point it to where you extracted mine. Once that is done kindle fire first aid should be able to reflash it.

Just like that. It's working! Didn't realize SK wasn't for 8.9, so when it didn't work, I stopped and just assumed it was fastboot on the tablet that wasn't working. I guess thinking it was hard-bricked might have been a bit dramatic.

Thanks, man! You're a lifesaver. You know your ****.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.