complete noob !!

Search This thread

ven2112

Sep 12, 2010
hi, firstly may i say im sorry for asking these questions as to you guys they will sound so stupid !!! after giving up my trusty se k800i after many years & pressure of the grandkids to move with the times i now have a htc wildfire ( didnt even know who htc were untill now !) although i seem to be getting to grips with it ( well kinda lol ) i am quite dissapointed that there wasnt a better instruction manual in the pack, i only got a quick start guide, so these are the things i would like to know

text message- how do i forward a recieved message? i cant find the option anywhere ?
is there a option to get up all the text boxes? ie: sent box, recieved,drefts etc..

locked- is there any other way to wake the phone up apart from the on/off button at the top? i have problems with this now as i bought a gel cover & its makes it harder to use with 1 hand !

glowing buttons- is there anyway to have the 4 buttons (home,menu etc ) on the bottom glow when the phone is in use? these are impossible to see in low light & i am sick of hitting the wrong 1 !!

apps- is there a app for viewing tv on the wildfire? bbc i player , catch up tv etc, i looked on the net & skyfire seems to be the app but when i search the market its not there ?

anyway , that will do for now lol, im sure i will be back with more stupid questions soon lol, i quite like the feel of this phone although i was very dissapointed that it will not do video calls as this is a feature i used quite a lot on my old phone as i work away & chatted to the grandkids & they showed me stuff they had made at school etc, its my own fault for not checking i suppose, i just assumed, if old phones can do it surely the cutting edge phones can, i was wrong lol, anyway thanks for letting me drone on !!!

azahidi

Dec 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
To forward message, long press the received message, and a pop up screen with several options appear. Sent messages auto appear in the conversation list.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

azahidi

Dec 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
There is no other way to wake up the phone except the on/off button.
The light for the 4 buttons only glow when the sensor detects insufficient light.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

fifarunnerr

Sep 7, 2010
If you look at the front of your phone, you'll see the HTC logo. Right of that logo, you sometimes can see 2 sort of sensors. Place your finger in front of that and the buttons will glow :)

stunno

Dec 10, 2005
Just outside the Smog
apps- is there a app for viewing tv on the wildfire? bbc i player , catch up tv etc, i looked on the net & skyfire seems to be the app but when i search the market its not there

Download the Appbrain market from the android market then go to www.appbrain.com

You can log in using your gmail account and install their fast internet installer.

You can now install apps to your phone from your PC's web browser. Skyfire is in the list