[ROM] CM 10.1(Android 4.2) for Atrix

Search This thread

epinter

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2011
Sao Paulo
www.linuxmobile.org
This is a CM10 .1 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.2) firmware for Atrix. It's not a official CyanogenMod, and it's not supported by CM team.

Disclaimer: THIS FIRMWARE IS IN ALPHA STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT.
I'm not responsible by phone bricks of any kind, or any other damage this firmware may cause to you, to your phone or any accessories conected to your phone.
All installation procedures are the same as for CM9 and CM10.
MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT FIRMWARE SO YOU CAN RETURN IF YOU WANT.

This ROM uses the kernel 3.1.10, from Olympus Kernel Project: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2016837

For changelog, download links, credits, notes and tips, see my website
http://www.linuxmobile.org/atrix/cm10-1

Thanks to all the users for using and debugging. If you want to support my work donating, click the donate button(below my avatar), or in my website.
THANKS TO THE DONATORS. THANKS VERY MUCH.

Last edited:

Franklee99

Jul 5, 2012
Installed, booted, working.

Can't find a play store that works, nor gapps. Looks like Wi-Fi and phone signal indications are not showing bars. However, both Wi-Fi and phone are working.

Thanks for your continuing efforts!!

NooBs7yL3

Sep 5, 2012
Thank you for your hard work :thumbup:

Inviato dal mio motoFAIL MB860 tramite Tapatalk

jorno88

Sep 4, 2010
Truly the master of android :)
for people who want gapps, you have to install the correct gapps (hence 4.2.1)
Keep in mind that this zip file is too big for our system partition and will probably result in some fc's as well, but untill epinter makes an appropriate gapps this will do i believe :)
I installed this one and no fc's of android apps untill now, play store also working for me.

edit: Only FC untill now related to alarms/clock.

logcat:
Code:
--------- beginning of /dev/log/main

I/        ( 1406): odm_disp_cabc_thread running

I/        ( 1406): odm_disp_cabc_thread is restarting err_cnt=69

W/dalvikvm(23647): threadid=12: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40a89930)

I/ActivityManager( 1787): Displayed com.android.deskclock/.AlarmClock: +171ms

--------- beginning of /dev/log/system

I/ActivityManager( 1787): START u0 {cmp=com.android.deskclock/.AlarmClock} from pid 23647

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): FATAL EXCEPTION: AsyncTask #1

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occured while executing doInBackground()

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at android.os.AsyncTask$3.done(AsyncTask.java:299)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:352)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:219)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:239)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1080)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:573)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): Caused by: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: Can't downgrade database from version 7 to 5

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.onDowngrade(SQLiteOpenHelper.java:361)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getDatabaseLocked(SQLiteOpenHelper.java:255)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getReadableDatabase(SQLiteOpenHelper.java:188)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at com.android.deskclock.AlarmProvider.query(AlarmProvider.java:72)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at android.content.ContentProvider.query(ContentProvider.java:652)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.query(ContentProvider.java:189)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at android.content.ContentResolver.query(ContentResolver.java:372)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at android.content.CursorLoader.loadInBackground(CursorLoader.java:65)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at android.content.CursorLoader.loadInBackground(CursorLoader.java:43)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader.onLoadInBackground(AsyncTaskLoader.java:301)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.doInBackground(AsyncTaskLoader.java:68)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.doInBackground(AsyncTaskLoader.java:56)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:287)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:234)

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): 	... 3 more

W/ActivityManager( 1787):   Force finishing activity com.android.deskclock/.AlarmClock

W/ActivityManager( 1787):   Force finishing activity com.android.deskclock/.DeskClock

D/dalvikvm( 2853): GC_CONCURRENT freed 378K, 33% free 3140K/4652K, paused 2ms+3ms, total 30ms

Last edited:
Reactions: aaurnab

epinter

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2011
Sao Paulo
www.linuxmobile.org
Truly the master of android :)
for people who want gapps, you have to install the correct gapps (hence 4.2.1)
Keep in mind that this zip file is too big for our system partition and will probably result in some fc's as well, but untill epinter makes an appropriate gapps this will do i believe :)
I installed this one and no fc's of android apps untill now, play store also working for me.

edit: Only FC untill now related to alarms/clock.

logcat:

E/AndroidRuntime(23647): Caused by: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: Can't downgrade database from version 7 to 5
[/CODE]

This kind of error you can solve cleaning the app data.

jjwatmyself

Feb 7, 2009
Very impressive indeed.

Any thoughts about symbolic linking the unused /osh partition under /system for much additional all space?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

petran_7

Jun 11, 2009
Athens
wow!! I didn't ever thought that the 4.2 will ever come to our phone!!

thank you epinter! you are awsome man!!

you keep this phone alive!!

imarmand

Apr 23, 2011
Buenos Aires
greatt

Than you for your hard work man!!

Will give feddback in a few hours!:good:

First thing i've noticed is that i get a blank screen when try to use the camera.. will wait until it works..

EDIT: you can take pics, but you will not be able to see them unless you enter the galery!
thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: NooBs7yL3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CM10 .1 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.2) firmware for Atrix. It's not a official CyanogenMod, and it's not supported by CM team.

Disclaimer: THIS FIRMWARE IS IN ALPHA STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT.
    I'm not responsible by phone bricks of any kind, or any other damage this firmware may cause to you, to your phone or any accessories conected to your phone.
    All installation procedures are the same as for CM9 and CM10.
    MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT FIRMWARE SO YOU CAN RETURN IF YOU WANT.

This ROM uses the kernel 3.1.10, from Olympus Kernel Project: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2016837

For changelog, download links, credits, notes and tips, see my website
    http://www.linuxmobile.org/atrix/cm10-1

Thanks to all the users for using and debugging. If you want to support my work donating, click the donate button(below my avatar), or in my website.
    THANKS TO THE DONATORS. THANKS VERY MUCH.
    Hi.

I was out for a month, too busy... I want to tell I'm here, developing for atrix. I'm helping with the ics/jb kernel, and I will try to update this firmware in the next days. Don't expect a new kernel...
    I did not want to sound negative what I wrote.
    I appreciate all you are doing Developers.
    Next time i will try to report all observed bugs with more enthusiasm. :)

I'm glad you changed your tone, because i was going to get medieval on you :angel: Now that I've cooled down I can answer you politely. So when it comes to battery it really depends what hardware revision you have. But anyway it was causing problems since the start. We had to choose either we release alpha with known problems or we wait another month hoping that those problems will be solved. As you know already we chose the first option. This is alpha and as such is nowhere near a daily driver. For some it worked well enough, for others was horrible. Since alpha release we fixed many problems, learned about new ones. We are preparing new test round with our testers, so you can expect new version soon (at least i hope so). But STILL it won't be final version and STILL there will be issues to fix. As for camera quality, it's not something we did wrong. Driver was written that way by Nvidia, we can try to fix that but i can't guarantee that it will be fixed. Same goes for focuser, it's controlled by some other mechanism which looks like it's not finished. On my phone with GB I haven't had autofocus at all, so I'm kinda happy that it works at all.
    I'm not complaining I'm very grateful for everything Epinter has done so far, but I have this feeling that Epinter got sick of the Atrix and is developing for the xt925, recently someone complained how come the xt925 gets so many updates and we didn't, Epinter answered that were getting 10.1 soon and the xt925 is not getting, but now I see he released a 10.1 for the xt925 too, maybe I'm wrong and Epinter just got delayed because of the holidays :)

I'm here. :good:

Holidays, family, work ... I am very busy ... I'm developing for the Atrix and for Razr HD, trying to keep both phones working as much as possible. I have two Atrix, and I will keep them, it's a great phone.
    I know this is an alpha release, but 2 questions....
    Any continuation on getting the front camera working?
    The weather that shows on the lock screen is there a way to change that from C to F

Oh yeah, I am running cm_olympus-userdebug 4.2.2 JDQ39E eng.epinter.20130517.175520 test-keys
    Has there been an update or additional builds released since then?

I have the solution for the the front camera, it's not kernel related.
    I will release a new build in a few days.