Launcher 7 Tile Pack from Mortem Tuam

Search This thread

Mortem Tuam

Feb 1, 2011
Chicago
mortemtuam.weebly.com
So I have posted my homescreen in this forum and google plus and some people have been asking for the tiles (icons) I am using. So I made a 7zip file and attached it here with the tiles (icons) I am using. These were all made by me....with stock photos of course :p with some minor (if any) tweaks.

These tiles are designed for use with Launcher 7 Pro. If I make more I will post them in this thread.

Enjoy! :cool:

preview image tiles are in the .7z file below

and here's pack #2

preview image tiles are in the .7z below

pack #3 now available

pack #4 now available

7739642.png

Tutorial time: by bryman27

1. Download Launcher 7 from the market. Free or Donate.
2. Download one or more of the packs attached in the OP to your computer. Open the downloaded file(s) with 7-zip or any other utility that can open 7z files.
Copy the images inside the 7z file(s) to your phone with whatever method you prefer. Mount the sdcard back to your phone if it was mounted to your computer.
3. Open Launcher 7 by pressing the home button then choosing Launcher 7.
If that doesn't work, go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> [your current launcher] -> clear defaults, then try again.

How to add a themed tile:
Pin the tile you want by tapping the arrow in the top right and long-pressing the app you want to pin and choosing "Pin to home screen".
Tap "Title" and delete everything in it.
Then tap "Tile size" and choose the size of your icon (the sizes are in the file names).
Then tap "Icon" and choose "Custom icon".
Then tap "Custom icon options". Set "Bitmap type" to "Bitmap from SD card".
Then tap "Select image from SD card" and find the image you want to use (if you are using the gallery to pick it and you don't see it, you might have to use an app like Rescan Media or just reboot).
Then press your device's back button.
Then tap "Extra options" and choose "Full-tile bitmap (1x1 only)" if you chose 1x1 tile for the tile size. This makes the image fill the entire tile area, but makes you lose missed call counts and unread message counts. (You don't need to choose this option, but it makes it look better. You can change it later if you need the counters.)
Then tap "Click to add tile".

How to choose a custom icon for a tile that is already pinned:
Long-press the tile you want to edit.
Tap the pencil in the top left of the tile.
Delete everything in the "Title" field.
Choose Custom icon in the "Icon" field.
Tap "Select image from SD card" and pick your desired icon. (if you are using the gallery to pick it and you don't see it, you might have to use an app like Rescan Media or just reboot)
Tap "Tile options" and choose "Full-tile bitmap (1x1 only)" if you chose 1x1 tile for the tile size. This makes the image fill the entire tile area, but makes you lose missed call counts and unread message counts. (You don't need to choose this option, but it makes it look better. You can change it later if you need the counters.)
Tap "Modify tile".

I think that's pretty noob proof... but we'll see :D

Just started to play with this today. Out of sheer laziness, and not wanting to work from a computer, I downloaded the free version of androzip from the market. It works just fine for unpacking 7zip files right on your phone. It might be helpful info to include in the op. I like the idea of working without a computer and I'll bet I'm not the only one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium

Attachments

• WP7Icons.7z
    3.7 MB · Views: 15,352
  • pack2.7z
    1.9 MB · Views: 11,409
  • pack3.7z
    3.7 MB · Views: 11,693
  • pack4.7z
    1.9 MB · Views: 10,346
Last edited:

Mortem Tuam

Feb 1, 2011
Chicago
mortemtuam.weebly.com
thanks bryman :cool:

I am very fond of my video one....classic Audrey Hepburn :D

and the baby one for the alarm is another favorite

as well as David Gilmour on Uber Music :cool:

let me know if you need something in one of those three sizes. :cool::cool:

Mortem Tuam

Feb 1, 2011
Chicago
mortemtuam.weebly.com
and this is what my setup looks like with my custom tiles :cool:

ROM - Cyanogenmod 7
Lockscreen - Widget Locker
Clock widget - Clockr Evolution
Slider - CoWon d3 lock
Launcher - Launcher 7 Pro
Font Changer - WP7 Segoe light
Simi Clock - weather and clock widget on homescreen
Mortem Tuam - Custom WP7 Tiles and lockscreen wallpaper

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
Hi these are great. I'm confused about the download though. How do I open or unzip the pack?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA App

Mortem Tuam

Feb 1, 2011
Chicago
mortemtuam.weebly.com
it's a .7z file not a regular .zip file

you need to install 7zip and use that.

http://www.7-zip.org/

it's free and what alot of xda devs use instead of winzip

glad you like the tiles! Enjoy!

I should also probably mention you should unzip them to your desktop then plug your phone in via USB, mount the phone and create a WP7Icon folder on your SD card. Move the unzipped files to that folder and then the files should show up in your gallery in the folder you created.

Mortem Tuam

Feb 1, 2011
Chicago
mortemtuam.weebly.com
So I am getting some requests on how I did my setup for Launcher 7.

It's really not hard at all. Just time consuming. And it's hard to type up what I did so I think if I have time this week I will try and make a tut video on how I did my setup.

Bear with me as I have never done a tut video so it will be new to me. LOL :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I have posted my homescreen in this forum and google plus and some people have been asking for the tiles (icons) I am using. So I made a 7zip file and attached it here with the tiles (icons) I am using. These were all made by me....with stock photos of course :p with some minor (if any) tweaks.

These tiles are designed for use with Launcher 7 Pro. If I make more I will post them in this thread.

Enjoy! :cool:

preview image tiles are in the .7z file below

and here's pack #2

pack #3 now available

pack #4 now available

7739642.png

Tutorial time: by bryman27

1. Download Launcher 7 from the market. Free or Donate.
    2. Download one or more of the packs attached in the OP to your computer. Open the downloaded file(s) with 7-zip or any other utility that can open 7z files.
    Copy the images inside the 7z file(s) to your phone with whatever method you prefer. Mount the sdcard back to your phone if it was mounted to your computer.
    3. Open Launcher 7 by pressing the home button then choosing Launcher 7.
    If that doesn't work, go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> [your current launcher] -> clear defaults, then try again.

How to add a themed tile:
    Pin the tile you want by tapping the arrow in the top right and long-pressing the app you want to pin and choosing "Pin to home screen".
    Tap "Title" and delete everything in it.
    Then tap "Tile size" and choose the size of your icon (the sizes are in the file names).
    Then tap "Icon" and choose "Custom icon".
    Then tap "Custom icon options". Set "Bitmap type" to "Bitmap from SD card".
    Then tap "Select image from SD card" and find the image you want to use (if you are using the gallery to pick it and you don't see it, you might have to use an app like Rescan Media or just reboot).
    Then press your device's back button.
    Then tap "Extra options" and choose "Full-tile bitmap (1x1 only)" if you chose 1x1 tile for the tile size. This makes the image fill the entire tile area, but makes you lose missed call counts and unread message counts. (You don't need to choose this option, but it makes it look better. You can change it later if you need the counters.)
    Then tap "Click to add tile".

How to choose a custom icon for a tile that is already pinned:
    Long-press the tile you want to edit.
    Tap the pencil in the top left of the tile.
    Delete everything in the "Title" field.
    Choose Custom icon in the "Icon" field.
    Tap "Select image from SD card" and pick your desired icon. (if you are using the gallery to pick it and you don't see it, you might have to use an app like Rescan Media or just reboot)
    Tap "Tile options" and choose "Full-tile bitmap (1x1 only)" if you chose 1x1 tile for the tile size. This makes the image fill the entire tile area, but makes you lose missed call counts and unread message counts. (You don't need to choose this option, but it makes it look better. You can change it later if you need the counters.)
    Tap "Modify tile".

I think that's pretty noob proof... but we'll see :D

Just started to play with this today. Out of sheer laziness, and not wanting to work from a computer, I downloaded the free version of androzip from the market. It works just fine for unpacking 7zip files right on your phone. It might be helpful info to include in the op. I like the idea of working without a computer and I'll bet I'm not the only one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium
    Since October when I became really disappointed with touch wiz 4.0 I have tried many different launchers ICS, ADW, Go launcher, and Launcher7. Out of four of them launcher 7 has been my favorite thanks to your tiles. Is there any chance we might see some more? :)

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

thanks. Not sure if there will be more.

Sent from my SGS2 SkyRocket powered by Mortem Tuam.
    Icons looks fantastic. To the point where I am actually gonna try Launcher 7, your set up from the first page looked awesome!

Thanks!
    So I am getting some requests on how I did my setup for Launcher 7.

It's really not hard at all. Just time consuming. And it's hard to type up what I did so I think if I have time this week I will try and make a tut video on how I did my setup.

Bear with me as I have never done a tut video so it will be new to me. LOL :p
    awesome. u r the man