[HELP] Amaze or SGII

Search This thread

EclipzeRemix

Oct 8, 2011
My cousin wants to trade his galaxy for my amaze

I love the battery life and bigger screen but should i wait for ICS or...

EDIT: Also Trading my amaze will stop my proggress on The One V port

cordell507

Mar 15, 2011
nat
SII much better battery and much better phone overall and it has ICS

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Pulsewave

Jan 23, 2012
Here
Now it may be the rampant HTC fanboy side of me, but i gotta say hold on here, why does having ICS make the GSII a better phone?

Inside their specs are almost identical, and to some the SAMOLED pentile screen (which IMO is a bit oversaturated and overrated) looks like crap.

Batterywise: what kind of battery is the GSII packing? either way battery life depends on how hard you hammer the phone, I keep my Amaze clocked down to about 1Ghz and i get pretty awesome battery life on it, upwards of 14 hours

shovelhead83

Nov 3, 2009
Im supposed to get my amaze delivered today. Hope so. Ive had my gs2 for about a week. Its a very good phone. Takes a while to get used to the big screen. (Coming from g2x). I cant yet compare it to the amaze, but like i said, its avgreat phone. Battery is ok, not great. Blazing fast. ( same hardware as amaze). Ics is ok but not quit there yet. Im running juggernaut 5.0 gb and it works great. As of now it has much more dev support. Do what you like, but i say, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

EclipzeRemix

Oct 8, 2011
Im supposed to get my amaze delivered today. Hope so. Ive had my gs2 for about a week. Its a very good phone. Takes a while to get used to the big screen. (Coming from g2x). I cant yet compare it to the amaze, but like i said, its avgreat phone. Battery is ok, not great. Blazing fast. ( same hardware as amaze). Ics is ok but not quit there yet. Im running juggernaut 5.0 gb and it works great. As of now it has much more dev support. Do what you like, but i say, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

...i am kinda of an htc fanboy lol, imma wait till we get an official sense 3.6 :3

shovelhead83

Nov 3, 2009
...i am kinda of an htc fanboy lol, imma wait till we get an official sense 3.6 :3

I actually received via ups. It had horrible screen bleed and froze everytime I tried to access accounts and sync. I didn't even install anything on it yet. Bummed. They are sending me another one.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

EclipzeRemix

Oct 8, 2011
I actually received via ups. It had horrible screen bleed and froze everytime I tried to access accounts and sync. I didn't even install anything on it yet. Bummed. They are sending me another one.

Screen Bleed isn't a issue for me because I have them turned off , works time for me

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
And them sending you another one won't did the screen bleed, 99% of us have it...
I just turn it off when watching a movie or playing a game with lots of blacks.

As for which is better, its all personal preference. I prefer HTC someone else might prefer Samsung.
My friend at school as the SGII and also agree that the colors are over saturated, it just looks funny.

I have my amaze underclocked to 1.2ghz and I get around 14hrs of use. If I'm not playing games. And still no lag whatsoever.

shovelhead83

Nov 3, 2009
Turn what off? The screen? How double watch a movie? I'm confused.

adslee

Sep 19, 2011
Scarborough
You're gonna have to hold both devices in your hand and use them for a day or two to decide... But since you say you're a fan of HTC, you should probably keep the Amaze. Both devices, in my opinion, are on par, but if I were you, I'd go for the SGS2 in a heartbeat since it's more to my liking

adamboyd83

Mar 4, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Seeing as I left the GS2 for the Amaze I can say that i think I made the better choice. This phone is much more pocketable. We may have screen bleed from the bottom but that is an easy fix. The GS2 has blotches and streaks in the screen that cannot be fixed. The camera on the amaze is a lot better.

I like My Amaze and I will be keeping it to at least the fall for when my upgrade is available.

LostInTheMuzik

Jan 25, 2012
Atlanta
The amaze is garbage it has a horrible screen, washed out pics, battery life is a joke...i had mines for one day and turned that crap back in for a gs2, the gs2 isnt perfect it feels cheap cause of so much plastic but other than that and the camera everything beats the amaze

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

But I'm not here to bash anybody everybody has their own opinion, youtube reviews if that would help

Reactions: Kianopass

porkchopexpress

Oct 4, 2011
Fresno, CA
Just hold both in your hand at a Tmo store and play with them, and decide which one you like best. For most people either phone is going to be a perfectly fine phone for everyday use, it all just comes down to personal preference.

sunlaw2

Aug 11, 2011
About the same.
Some videos are better on sgs2,some are better on amaze.
I was retesting both side by side last night.I was on the sgs2 for a while,but when I woke up today...
I went back to the amaze.
Better for today atleast.
The amaze browser is just better.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The amaze is garbage it has a horrible screen, washed out pics, battery life is a joke...i had mines for one day and turned that crap back in for a gs2, the gs2 isnt perfect it feels cheap cause of so much plastic but other than that and the camera everything beats the amaze

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

But I'm not here to bash anybody everybody has their own opinion, youtube reviews if that would help
    Personally I just feel like the Amaze has better build quality, and doesn't feel as cheap and plasticy.

Lol...2 months later?
    Haha...you must be bored if you're browsing this far back.