Sony Xperia Go ICS 6.1.1.B.1.54 + custom kernel + CWM Touch 5.5.0.4 stable

Search This thread

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
First thing that I must to say is "disclaimer":
  • Everything that is not originally maded by Sony is custom thing, so everything from here is modified Sony files and these files is "custom files"! So before you go to play with these modified files keep in mind that everything from here is custom thing and you installing these things on your own risk! I no want and I will not be responsible if something go wrong, if you lost your private data, if your device can not boot ...etc...etc, you doing everything on your own risk!!! If you no want to risk than skip this thread!!!

Download v13 rom (Firmware 6.1.1.B.1.10 ):

For some one who have problems with usb drivers:

How to install rom v13:
  • unlocked bootloader reguired! Only for unlocked bootloaders!
  • axtract archive and run "install.bat"
  • read instructions!

After installing rom v13, install memory tweak (recomended for very smooth android):
  • download memory tweak -> http://d-h.st/H6p or v16_memory tweak + overclock 1.15 ghz -> http://d-h.st/XOx
  • reboot to recovery
  • mount usb storage
  • copy memory_tweaks.zip to sdcard
  • unmount sdcard
  • back to main menu and "install zip from sdcard"
  • reboot

Warning for rom v13:
  • Its all_in_one so do not install old boot images over this one, all reguired files will be installed trought installer! All partitions will be wiped so all userdata and your aplications will be deleted! Do not restore backups because I not guarating than everything will be working after perfoming backup restore! This is clean rom so if you need your favorite apps install these aps directly from market instead of restoring backups!

Download v14 rom (Firmware 6.1.1.B.1.54):

How to install rom v14:
  • read instructions!
  • when you see message in install.bat window "OK, NOW YOU NEED TO INSTALL ROM! HOW TO INSTALL? SIMPLE NAVIGATE RECOVERY MENU INSTALL ZIP FROM SDCARD..." pause at these mesage, go to recovery menu and "wipe userdata, than wipe cache, than go to submenu "mounts" and format system, go back to menu "advance" and wipe dalvik cache", than install rom.zip by menu "install zip from sdcrd"

Warning for rom v14:
  • Do not install any memory tweak from 30.Nov.2012 or any old!!! Memory tweak from 30.Nov.2012 is included in rom!!!
  • Do not perform restore from recovery because this is clean rom and reguire clen app installation from market!!!

Changelog 02.Oct.2012:
  • fixed problem with system partition mount - you can use backup/restore now! Adb, mass storage and "backup to zip" not working because problem with mass storage and usb... usb is not recognised in any way... still I have no idea why! Maybe something about init binary?

Changelog 04.Oct.2012:
  • fixed wifi, bluetooth and mobile data

Changelog 09.Oct.2012.:
  • Added touch screen buttons
  • disabled 3 buttons at bottom
  • fixed text aligment
  • new skin

Changelog 09.Oct.2012.:
  • new skin

Changelog 12.Oct.2012.:
  • fixed tool for making flashable zip in sony menu! Now you can create firmware (zip archive like HTC one, installable from recovery menu "install zip from sdcard" ! This zip archive contain boot and system so you can wipe everything and install these zip from menu "install zip from sd card" and you can get fresh installed firmware.. allso you can install ICS rom ower Gingerbread rom using these zip !)
If you want new font (smaller) I will add, just let me know!

Changelog 14.Oct.2012.:
  • some small updates

Changelog 16.Oct.2012.:
  • fixed usb
  • fixed adb
  • fixed mass storage mode (internal and external)
  • reboot to bootloader
  • added support for leds when AC charger is connected
  • some cleanups in ramdisk

V7 ; Changelog 20.Oct.2012.:
  • fixed problems for remounting rootfs to "rw" + problems creating fstab + problems with busybox and command "mount" with containing 2 arguments only...
  • added tool in tools menu for one click skin changing

V8 ; Changelog 27.Oct.2012.:
  • recovery:
  • fixed problem for assert board detection in updater-script
  • new font - Lucida Console
  • custom kernel from now:
  • added some governors (smartass2 + minmax + enabled interactive and conservative...)
  • enabled some io schedulers (cfq) and set as a default
  • swap enabled (now you can make swap on your sd card to use with Debian linux)
  • enabled most common needed (ipv4 and ipv6) xtables in iptables firewall
  • property set ramdisk phys base adress for Lotus
  • cifs + nls_utf8 (you can mount network folders) ;)
  • enabled some crypto functions
  • some "ioremap" errors fixed
  • suprise:
  • some workarounds for adding support for compiling kernel with Linaro
  • kernel sucesfully compiled with Linaro toolchain!!! See whats benefits using Linaro :silly:

V8 ; Changelog 28.Oct.2012.:
  • Removed V8... new kernel will be Sony kernel, modified

V8 ; Changelog 30.Oct.2012.:
  • Repacked V8 but now only stock kernel _ module... I will play later with custom kernel, sorry!
  • It's now RC version 8 (mean release candidate v8 - stable!)

V9 ; Changelog 04.Nov.2012.:
  • custom kernel (all features like in V8 from 27.Oct.2012), not compiled with Linaro toolchain
  • init.d support

V10 ; Changelog 06.Nov.2012.:
  • fixed boot logo
  • fixed network stats

V11 ; V12 ; Changelog 09.Nov.2012.:
  • bluetooth - fix
  • inverted colors in boot logo - fix
  • new boot logo

V13 ; Changelog 14.Nov.2012.:
  • extended battery life - fix
  • kernel merges with latest Sony kernel for P
  • complete rom installer

memory tweak ; Changelog 30.Nov.2012.:
  • wifi mac (real mac from now)
  • enabled kernel same page merging aka KSM (enabled by init script on boot)
  • SIO and VR iosched (SIO set as a default)
  • some improvement in memcpy and memmove
  • new recovery v14 - new tools submenu (you can change boot logo easilly)
See result about perfomance from now! http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/549/device20121130173315.png

memory tweak + owerclock ; Changelog 30.Nov.2012.:
  • owerclocked kernel to 1.15 ghz
  • new governor - hotplug

v15_memory tweak + owerclock ; Changelog 16.Dec.2012.:
  • init script for on boot frequencies
  • new governors (thanks AnDyXX) - smartass2 (updated) + lulzactiveq + ondemandax + pegasusq

v16_memory tweak + owerclock ; Changelog 18.Dec.2012.:
  • persist mtp re enabled
  • fix for software update notification (problem was old version info in default.prop)

Tip and tricks for my CWM version:

Kernel source:

Credits:
  • full credits to author of the Clockworkmod Recovery [koush]
  • full credits to public opened kernel source [Sony]
  • akkufix fox giving me ideas to fix usb
  • LeTama for great sin2raw tool and great split kernel tool
  • AnDyXX for cpu governors
  • every other who helped and tested our recovery

Last edited:

SharpnShiny

May 14, 2012
Hi, I've installed firmware before but just want to know, will this work well on the Sola? I have relocked my bootloader ahead of the ICS update, but I would like to test this if it works well on the Sola.

I have used all my thanks today, but thanks!! :laugh: :good:

Reactions: dan669

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Hi, I've installed firmware before but just want to know, will this work well on the Sola? I have relocked my bootloader ahead of the ICS update, but I would like to test this if it works well on the Sola.

This will not touch your stock Gingerbread radio, bootloader and other low level memory, this will flash only boot and system so you can try! If this not working you can easilly restore your GB backup trought recovery, just install my CWM Sola kernel.sin, reboot to recovery, and restore backup! Make surre you create backup before you go to mess with Xperia Go rom!!! Make sure wipe everything + wipe system in mounts menu!

Last edited:

Rapier07

Nov 30, 2010
Mumbai

You can give it a try. Since its only system, the worst that will happen is a bootloop :)

Tapatalked !

Reactions: Nexodius

mk4y

Dec 28, 2008
Bremen
I have big problems since ive flashed tft file from the other posts. Ive tried all of them. All are laggy.

Then ive reflashed the old ginger tft file and all goes well wifi data rate. Then ive flashed your kernel with recovery and flashed your room.zip!

Performance is best! But those Wifi and Data Issues returning. Its a mess :(

Now I got following Baseband = u8500-49020905-P2H_EC01

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
I have big problems since ive flashed tft file from the other posts. Ive tried all of them. All are laggy.

Then ive reflashed the old ginger tft file and all goes well wifi data rate. Then ive flashed your kernel with recovery and flashed your room.zip!

Great! So these isues is related to ICS firmware... I think Sony will fix in next ota.

I have the same baseband! Is not that baseband from Gingerbread?

Last edited:
Reactions: sakiis

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011

I not tested! Only I seen on first look... bluetooth not working in booth (unmodified tft, mine zip, modified tft... etc)... looks like bluetooth not working in any firmware??

Last edited:

mk4y

Dec 28, 2008
Bremen
Ive flashed back to GB. It doesnt make sense to use any of those tft files that are available...!!!

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Yes I agre, curently GB is better than ICS on Xperia GO because our ICS is first ICS build from Sony, I think Sony leaked this build just to see us reaction and to test what working or how it working on X-Go... I think Sony will do next build better for sure! I think I will try to get an CM10 test build using some propertiary fies from our ICS build... found something interested on Cyanogenmod github about Sony Nypon.. Nypon use ~same proprietary files like in our ICS! See diference http://paste.ubuntu.com/1251945/ ... lines with "#" mising in Nypon but all other lines we have in our build! Allso Nypon use montblanc-common and kernel-u8500 ... I allready got kernel-u8500 working but only with recovery so maybe our stock kernel will working with Nypon build... will try... just need an start point :D ... first I need to fix recovery!

Edit:
found hats missing in recovery... forgot to include res folder :cyclops:

Last edited:

nosmaster

Aug 12, 2010
munjeni just read your post on cm10 i have been looking for a phone thats was alike to the go that has support from cm10 but havent come up with anything yet?
been searching the www regarding a cwm image is it not possible to use the cwm builder im intrested in the cwm touch recovery?
is there anyway we can oneboot into recovery using fastboot so we can still use update zips without having a flashable recovery?
as for the problems every1 is getting from the update i did mine with the first tft file to come out and have not seen any problems regarding speed or laggyness it runs a lot better than my stock gb rom.

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Purpose of the every recovery is to stay installed into an partition so you no need to boot recovery using fastboot, just power off your phone than power on than you can see 5 diferent led colors than after vibration you need to press volume + or - to enter into recovery! I not like in Sony only thing that Sony have no dedicated recovery partition so we need every time to unpack boot images and add these recovery things... But another problem is if we have 10 kernels around xda so every user like allways diferent kernel and want recovery with another kernel :(... why Sony just not add an dedicated partition for recovery on next ota update and add an volume up/down triger for booting into recovery??? This thing is realy missing and very inportant for every user!

About touch bassed recovery. Yes I will add these thing when I start messing with kernel. Allready tried to add touch support into Sony CWM but problem is I am unable to fix only "hold press to display" so I can see all trigers like tap, move, x position, y position...etc but only missing "hold" so without "hold" there is problem like holding and moving to display without releasing cause button triger because I am unable to add mising code that will register new press ONLY after tapp to screen is released... but I will create an kernel dev/input that will hold these toucj screen values and will be acesible from user space like I done on Desire C, than recovery will be touch bassed.

Last edited:

nosmaster

Aug 12, 2010
thanks for the reply. i understand that we want recovery to stay on the phone but without cwm i cant make a backup of my phone and i dont want to keep having to flashtool the ics because i dont have a nand backup so i was just wondering if there was a way to 1boot so that i can make the backups and add in any zips that i would like .

do you think now that you know the go is comparable to a cm10 supported device do you think you will be able to build a cm10 with recovery built in . or if not where is the best place to sweettalk cm devs or fxperia. realy like android but dont think we should miss out on a good O/S because sony is very slow with updates

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Recovery fo X-Go is allready done, but only booting in GB room... see my signature! You can make backups, restores...etc without problem but curently now only using GB kernel and GB rom! I found why recovery fail to boot (after runing recovery with strace tool) with our ICS build...forgot to add folder to ramdisk that contain graphics "res" :laugh: so I will fix that tomorrow or maybe now! :)

About CM build.. Cm builds allready working on other Sonly 2012 devices so that will working too on Go... just need to find proper source code to get starting!

Last edited:

nosmaster

Aug 12, 2010
Recovery fo X-Go is allready done, but only booting in GB room... see my signature! I found why recovery fail to boot with our ICS build...forgot to add folder that contain graphics "res" :laugh: so I will fix that tomorrow or maybe now! :)

yes i had the gb working but since the ics update the only way to run cwm is to reflash the boot from your sig but then it boot loops if i dont enter cwm so im not sure if this would make a ics backup or a gb backup also if i do this method to run zips(google now for instance) would i then just run ur ics zip and go would still b installed?

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
yes i had the gb working but since the ics update the only way to run cwm is to reflash the boot from your sig but then it boot loops if i dont enter cwm so im not sure if this would make a ics backup or a gb backup also if i do this method to run zips(google now for instance) would i then just run ur ics zip and go would still b installed?

Ok, I understand! And yes I will fix now because I really need working recovery on ICS :) .. when I fix recovery than you can create/flash zip bassed firmwares, restore, backup ...etc without needs for messing with computer and flash tool, just in few click you can swith between GB and ICS... its main purpose on my modification to CWM recovery!

Last edited:
Reactions: chkstate

nosmaster

Aug 12, 2010
About CM build.. Cm builds allready working on other Sonly 2012 devices so that will working too on Go... just need to find proper source code to get starting!

is this going to be a difficult thing to do i have seen threads on porting but all seemed very confusing. do we know if cm will be doing full support for the go or will it just be user roms ?

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Yes its very dificult :( and it will need more developers and more days, months for geting it full working or maybe not full working... some devices never got full working port!

Edit:
recovery fixed now... just need to test before upload...will be done in one hour max!

Last edited:
Reactions: jojolafrite

nosmaster

Aug 12, 2010
thank you so much for your help iv been looking around for about 4 week now for all this info i hope you get cwm working fully and will thank you in advance for the cm10 work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First thing that I must to say is "disclaimer":
    • Everything that is not originally maded by Sony is custom thing, so everything from here is modified Sony files and these files is "custom files"! So before you go to play with these modified files keep in mind that everything from here is custom thing and you installing these things on your own risk! I no want and I will not be responsible if something go wrong, if you lost your private data, if your device can not boot ...etc...etc, you doing everything on your own risk!!! If you no want to risk than skip this thread!!!

Download v13 rom (Firmware 6.1.1.B.1.10 ):

For some one who have problems with usb drivers:

How to install rom v13:
    • read instructions!

After installing rom v13, install memory tweak (recomended for very smooth android):
    • download memory tweak -> http://d-h.st/H6p or v16_memory tweak + overclock 1.15 ghz -> http://d-h.st/XOx
    • reboot to recovery
    • mount usb storage
    • copy memory_tweaks.zip to sdcard
    • unmount sdcard
    • back to main menu and "install zip from sdcard"
    • reboot

Warning for rom v13:
    • Its all_in_one so do not install old boot images over this one, all reguired files will be installed trought installer! All partitions will be wiped so all userdata and your aplications will be deleted! Do not restore backups because I not guarating than everything will be working after perfoming backup restore! This is clean rom so if you need your favorite apps install these aps directly from market instead of restoring backups!

Download v14 rom (Firmware 6.1.1.B.1.54):

How to install rom v14:
    • read instructions!
    • when you see message in install.bat window "OK, NOW YOU NEED TO INSTALL ROM! HOW TO INSTALL? SIMPLE NAVIGATE RECOVERY MENU INSTALL ZIP FROM SDCARD..." pause at these mesage, go to recovery menu and "wipe userdata, than wipe cache, than go to submenu "mounts" and format system, go back to menu "advance" and wipe dalvik cache", than install rom.zip by menu "install zip from sdcrd"

Warning for rom v14:
    • Do not install any memory tweak from 30.Nov.2012 or any old!!! Memory tweak from 30.Nov.2012 is included in rom!!!
    • Do not perform restore from recovery because this is clean rom and reguire clen app installation from market!!!

Changelog 02.Oct.2012:
    • fixed problem with system partition mount - you can use backup/restore now! Adb, mass storage and "backup to zip" not working because problem with mass storage and usb... usb is not recognised in any way... still I have no idea why! Maybe something about init binary?

Changelog 04.Oct.2012:
    • fixed wifi, bluetooth and mobile data

Changelog 09.Oct.2012.:
    • fixed text aligment
    • new skin

Changelog 09.Oct.2012.:
    • new skin

Changelog 12.Oct.2012.:
    • fixed tool for making flashable zip in sony menu! Now you can create firmware (zip archive like HTC one, installable from recovery menu "install zip from sdcard" ! This zip archive contain boot and system so you can wipe everything and install these zip from menu "install zip from sd card" and you can get fresh installed firmware.. allso you can install ICS rom ower Gingerbread rom using these zip !)
    If you want new font (smaller) I will add, just let me know!

Changelog 14.Oct.2012.:
    • some small updates

Changelog 16.Oct.2012.:
    • fixed usb
    • fixed adb
    • reboot to bootloader

V7 ; Changelog 20.Oct.2012.:
    • fixed problems for remounting rootfs to "rw" + problems creating fstab + problems with busybox and command "mount" with containing 2 arguments only...
    • added tool in tools menu for one click skin changing

V8 ; Changelog 27.Oct.2012.:
    • recovery:
    • fixed problem for assert board detection in updater-script
    • new font - Lucida Console
    • custom kernel from now:
    • added some governors (smartass2 + minmax + enabled interactive and conservative...)
    • enabled some io schedulers (cfq) and set as a default
    • swap enabled (now you can make swap on your sd card to use with Debian linux)
    • enabled most common needed (ipv4 and ipv6) xtables in iptables firewall
    • property set ramdisk phys base adress for Lotus
    • cifs + nls_utf8 (you can mount network folders) ;)
    • enabled some crypto functions
    • some "ioremap" errors fixed
    • suprise:
    • some workarounds for adding support for compiling kernel with Linaro
    • kernel sucesfully compiled with Linaro toolchain!!! See whats benefits using Linaro :silly:

V8 ; Changelog 28.Oct.2012.:
    • Removed V8... new kernel will be Sony kernel, modified

V8 ; Changelog 30.Oct.2012.:
    • Repacked V8 but now only stock kernel _ module... I will play later with custom kernel, sorry!
    • It's now RC version 8 (mean release candidate v8 - stable!)

V9 ; Changelog 04.Nov.2012.:
    • custom kernel (all features like in V8 from 27.Oct.2012), not compiled with Linaro toolchain
    • init.d support

V10 ; Changelog 06.Nov.2012.:
    • fixed boot logo
    • fixed network stats

V11 ; V12 ; Changelog 09.Nov.2012.:
    • bluetooth - fix
    • inverted colors in boot logo - fix
    • new boot logo

V13 ; Changelog 14.Nov.2012.:
    • extended battery life - fix
    • kernel merges with latest Sony kernel for P
    • complete rom installer

memory tweak ; Changelog 30.Nov.2012.:
    • wifi mac (real mac from now)
    • enabled kernel same page merging aka KSM (enabled by init script on boot)
    • SIO and VR iosched (SIO set as a default)
    • some improvement in memcpy and memmove
    • new recovery v14 - new tools submenu (you can change boot logo easilly)
    See result about perfomance from now! http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/549/device20121130173315.png

memory tweak + owerclock ; Changelog 30.Nov.2012.:
    • owerclocked kernel to 1.15 ghz
    • new governor - hotplug

v15_memory tweak + owerclock ; Changelog 16.Dec.2012.:
    • init script for on boot frequencies
    • new governors (thanks AnDyXX) - smartass2 (updated) + lulzactiveq + ondemandax + pegasusq

v16_memory tweak + owerclock ; Changelog 18.Dec.2012.:
    • persist mtp re enabled
    • fix for software update notification (problem was old version info in default.prop)

Tip and tricks for my CWM version:

Kernel source:

Credits:
    • full credits to author of the Clockworkmod Recovery [koush]
    • full credits to public opened kernel source [Sony]
    • akkufix fox giving me ideas to fix usb
    • LeTama for great sin2raw tool and great split kernel tool
    • AnDyXX for cpu governors
    • every other who helped and tested our recovery
    Have good news for all you who using this rom, new rom (Extreme.Security.Stockrom_6.1.1.B.1.54.zip) is done! Will open new thread soon! Just to inform you about new features, rom is bassed on this rom + added native security things from MIUI rom (LBE Team security), so mean framework files is modified and have integrated MIUI security things, so all aplicatons is in your control and you can (using custom otions) block him! Allso native startup manager from MIUI is integrated :p ...etc ...you will be happy for sure! :)

Only missing, but I will for sure try to get working, is AntiSpam MIUI apk, whick mean I need to patch these app and integrate into this rom, so we will get posibility for blocking cals, messages...etc

This will not touch your stock Gingerbread radio, bootloader and other low level memory, this will flash only boot and system so you can try! If this not working you can easilly restore your GB backup trought recovery, just install my CWM Sola kernel.sin, reboot to recovery, and restore backup! Make surre you create backup before you go to mess with Xperia Go rom!!! Make sure wipe everything + wipe system in mounts menu!
    I have good news for you... ICS CWM recovery full working now!!!

Changelog 16.Oct.2012.:
    • fixed usb
    • fixed adb
    • fixed "reboot to bootloader"
    Camera I think can not be fixed because its stock rom and we have no source code for camera, allso I think no one will play with fixing camera.... simple camera working ok for my needs and I think to other users too, allso I can not see any problem in camera.

Wifi mac adress is fixed and fix will be in v14! Will add sio scheduler and smartass3 governor