Streaming XBMC to Chromecast

Search This thread

tharmor

Jun 18, 2013
Get an amlogic android box like mxq m8...........chromecast unfortunately does not support most of the streams which are live nowadays !!

D

dkvanb

How can one get the "play using..." long press / right click menu to select the app you want to stream with?

punkmexic

Nov 27, 2012
Hey,

A while ago I made some of these Playercore factory files for some other videoplayers besides Avia.
** if it does not work, try it with the xbmc XAF version!**

- LocalCast (by me): https://box.com/s/uxp4k8q4c4mm02ynwrjc

- BubbleUPnp (by me): https://app.box.com/s/j65ds0tljkskwxyavvft

-Allcast(credit to: @vibajajo64): https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ltd48heh3wrx45/playercorefactory.xml
I tried the localcast Playercore factory in kodi 17 nightly it worked but only for online vídeos, it didn't streams local files yo localcast, can you fix it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would you like to stream XBMC through Avia to Chromecast?

Put this https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8pl1adtlo8rp90/playercorefactory.xml in sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/userdata

Now Avia is the player allowing you to chromecast.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
    Hey,

A while ago I made some of these Playercore factory files for some other videoplayers besides Avia.
    ** if it does not work, try it with the xbmc XAF version!**

- LocalCast (by me): https://box.com/s/uxp4k8q4c4mm02ynwrjc

- BubbleUPnp (by me): https://app.box.com/s/j65ds0tljkskwxyavvft

-Allcast(credit to: @vibajajo64): https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ltd48heh3wrx45/playercorefactory.xml
    XBMCast: Official XBMC to Chromecast apk

Would you like to stream XBMC through Avia to Chromecast?

Put this https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8pl1adtlo8rp90/playercorefactory.xml in sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/userdata

Now Avia is the player allowing you to chromecast.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Hello XDA,

Inspired by this post back a few months ago we would like to share our custom build of XBMCast® Cast from XBMC to Chromcast apk.
    With months of begging and eventual negotiations between all parties, (i.e. XBMC Foundation, Google, etc.) permissions granted and self teaching myself to write and build this custom apk I am proud to offer you XBMCast® with built in custom userdata playercorefactory.xml for all major casting rendering apps for android found on the play store (i.e. bubbleUPnP, Avia, Allcast, etc.) We have included many other features for XBMC such as custom repositories for easier connection to Chromecast for XBMC.

This is strictly for Chromecast playback and not for use for playback on thedevice installed (if you must use it as a local render, consider downloading mx player from Play Store)
    Install and Use XBMCast
    1. Start by downloading the XBMCast.apk
    2. Remember to uninstall any current version of XBMC from your phone or tablet. Install overlay is not possible.
    3. Once installed and opened onto home screen for XBMCast (Current build uses "Touched" skin for Android touch screen)
    4. Make Sure to Wait for all addons for XBMCast to install, load or update. Give it about 5 minutes for everything to automatically update/sync.
    5. If some things do not work or update please update them manually. system\addons\get addons\ long press repo and select force fresh.
    6. Once you've setup XBMCast the way you want it and your ready to cast to chromecast, Go to file location and long press file.
    7. submenu will open and select "play using"
    8 Select one of the choices that you have installed (i.e. Avia, bubbleUPnP)
    9. As long as you're on the same wifi network for all your rendering (android tablet/phone app) and local media library (where the files come from,
    PC, Server) and your CC, casting will go direct to CC.

If you have a Chromecast or are considering getting one, it's truly is the best way to stream all your favorite TV shows and movies on your HDTV. We also have many other apks for chrome casting all for free and all do more than any official app on the Play Store.

XBMCast1.2.8.apk

I got 1channel to work in conjunction with BubbleUPnP and the media server which transcodes videos so the Chromecast can play them. You have to use the new Gotham beta and the modified playercorefactory.xml after you place it in Android/data/org.XBMC.XBMC/files/.xbmc/userdata/ (this is a hidden folder) you have to clear the cache on XBMC in the add-on long hold the video and click play using them select BubbleUPnP. Below I posted the XML. I'm using a stock Nexus 7 2013 unlocked but not rooted. Some videos may not work also make sure the proper ports are forwarded on the router for the media server. If you pause the video you may not be able to resume or skip forward it's a bit finicky.

Instructions:

You need these things:
    XBMC Gotham Beta 2 for ARM based Android
    Instructions for installing XBMC and Hub Wizard (use my APK not the one listed on the page)
    BubbleUPnP (Chromecast/DLNA)
    BubbleUPnP UPnP/DLNA License
    BubbleUPnP Server for transcoding videos

1. Install XBMC using the APK listed above and follow the XBMC Hub Wizard install guide.

Android_install_step06.jpg

2. Copy the code listed below into a text file and rename the file playercorefactory.xml place it in /Android/data/org.XBMC.XBMC/files/.xbmc/userdata/ which is a hidden folder depending on your file manager you may have to enable hidden files/folders. After you put the file in that location go into your app settings and find XBMC and clear the cache on it.

Code:
    <!--
    	Credits
    	KemoNine (xbmcandroid.com/forums)
    	Staticadk (xbmcandroid.com/forums)
    	GSH (xbmcandroid.com/forums)
    -->

<playercorefactory>
    	<players>
    		<!-- MXPlayer Free definition -->
    		<player name="MX Playerfree" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
    			<!-- Android intent -->
    			<filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad</filename>
    			<!-- Hide XBMC -->
    			<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
    			<!-- After 2 minutes bump the play count of the item in XBMC -->
    			<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
    		</player>

<!-- MX Player Pro definition -->
    		<player name="MX Player Pro" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
    			<!-- Android intent -->
    			<filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro</filename>
    			<!-- Hide XBMC -->
    		</player>

<!-- Allcast definition -->
    		<player name="Allcast" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
    			<!-- Android intent -->
    			<filename>com.koushickdutta.cast</filename>
    			<!-- Hide XBMC -->
    		</player>

<!-- BubbleUPnP definition -->
    		<player name="BubbleUPnP" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
    			<!-- Android intent -->
    			<filename>com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp</filename>
    			<!-- Hide XBMC -->
    		</player>

<!-- Gallery definition -->
    		<player name="Gallery" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
    			<!-- Android intent -->
    			<filename>com.android.gallery3d</filename>
    			<!-- Hide XBMC -->
    		</player>

<!-- LocalCast definition -->
    		<player name="Localcast" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
    			<!-- Android intent -->
    			<filename>de.stefanpledl.localcast</filename>
    			<!-- Hide XBMC -->
    		</player>		

<!--  definition -->
    		<player name="" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
    			<!-- Android intent -->
    			<filename></filename>
    			<!-- Hide XBMC -->
    		</player>
    	</players>

<!-- Rules for which external player to use -->
    	<!-- MX Player Pro is default
    	         change player= value to one of the above names to change this -->
    	<rules action="prepend">

<!-- Video files -- Default rule (last to ensure above trigger first -->
    		<rule video="true" player="MXPlayer Free"/>
    	</rules>
    </playercorefactory>

3. Setup the BubbleUPnP Server on your windows computer you may have to forward ports on your router so that your Android device can connect to the server.
    4. Install the two BubbleUPnP apps on your Android Device and make sure it connects to your BubbleUPnP server on your computer and to your Chromecast.
    5. In the 1Channel add-on find a movie browse to the actual link that would start it on your tablet and instead of clicking it long hold it and a context menu will popup after that click play using and select BubbleUPnP it should add it to the play list and you should be able to play it on your Chromecast. If that link doesn't work try another link or another video.

I'm about to start thinking that the xmbc streaming with the avia player is a myth :) I tried with several gotham builds, i tried with XAF builds. I used the avia-version of the playercorefactory.xml from xbmchelpers. But i always get "External Player Active, Click OK when playback has ended"
    Streaming from avia itself does work but not out of xbmc. Same happens when i explicitly choose Avia to play with...
    :crying:

MaiRay you will get this error if you try to stream LIVE CONTENT. It should work for content that is not live broadcast. Here are my files that work on my N5:

XAF version of XBMC : https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlw7s8dvcwahj7f/xbmc-frodo-12.1-xaf-neon-touch-20130503-f21603629f.apk

Playercorefactory file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/tezg7fj5vh2n7uv/playercorefactory.xml