Support and Primer for Jgcaap's CM12.1 ROM

Search This thread

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
peacock_animal_iridescent_sm.jpg

Current Events
  • Dodo released! This means this ROM is now extinct. Sorry! If links below fail, try this one!
  • OTA is in Beta. Will be included in CM 13 release once both are stable. OTA will be available before full-sized versions due to the testing process (updates are tested first).
  • SnapChat will not work without some help. This is entirely SnapChat's fault for trying to control your device. Please read this thread before flashing and how you can make it work. Or just open Xposed installer, install Snapprefs and reboot.

Introduction
Welcome to the fastest and most stable ROM for your OnePlus. This thread is mainly a support thread for Jgcaap's awesome work, allowing him to spend more time working on "M" and less time answering questions. His latest builds will be tested by me, hand selected for stability, and the best of the crop will be repackaged, enhanced, and placed here. If you are new to this ROM, check the screen shots for benchmark results and battery life screenshots. Be amazed, then download the ROM and be even more amazed! Smooth as glass and flows like water! As one person has said, "Disgustingly Fast!"

Please read this entire post! Check back often for updates. Also, current jgcaap users will get additional information and tips that can be useful. Check out all the links! And if you want to try some Bacon wrapped Marshmallow, click the bent arrow in the Announcement's line.

Wildlife
Each ROM will be named by an animal, starting at A for Aardvark. A picture of the animal will be placed here so you can see at a glance which release is current. The original jgcaap ROMs often have multiple releases in a single day, and every country has a different date format, so the animal names will allow us to represent specific "official" releases with memorable names.

Release (CM 12.1 - jgcaap 11/30): (click image to update)

Features & Changes
The ROM gets repackaged so that new users don't have to go about tracking down which files they need and which order to flash things. The firmware is included and everything is set and ready to go. For legal reasons, just add your own GApps and go. This ROM currently has the following feature's prepackaged and already included with the ROM ...
  • SuperSU (pre roooted)
  • Xposed (special jgcaap version)
  • Moab Ad Blocker
  • --- ZooKeeper can configure this!
  • ColorOS Camera
  • --- with manual focus option
  • Viper (Audio Eargasm)
  • Dolby ATMOS! (Dodo+)
  • Send Reduced (send small pics)
  • CatLog (for bug reports)
  • Show On Lockscreen (wallpaper)
  • OmniSwitcher (optional)
  • Init.d Support (Badger+)
  • Governor: blu-active (Badger+)
  • Low call volume fix
  • OTA Support (coming soon!)

Support, Questions, Feature Requests and Bugs
Please report all bugs for CM12.1/Lollipop based Jgcaap ROMs to this thread. Even if you didn't download one of the Wildlife pre-packaged ROM sets! Feel free to ask questions. This thread will have the same warm inviting atmosphere that jgcaap's development thread has always had. Newb-friendly and all are welcome!

Getting Started
There will be two ROM images available. The update packages will be designed with a smaller download size with only the files that have actually been changed. The installer will not remove things you have added nor re-install programs you have removed. If you are already using a WildLife ROM, use the Update packages to upgrade. This does not apply to full versions. The full versions should be clean flashed.

The next post will have Step-by-Step instructions telling you exactly what you need to do and how to go about flashing your phone or upgrading. The post after that will have all the tips and tricks for maximum tweaker power. Finally, we'll have instructions on how to rescue your phone when something goes wrong.

Sponsored by Eddon Systems
Additional Downloads at Eddon Systems Download Page

XDA:DevDB Information
Wildlife Android, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
uudruid74, jgcaap, purerawenergy
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: INCLUDED
Source Code: Jgcaap's Github Repo
Based On: CyanogenMod 12.1

Version Information
Current Stable Version: See Post
Stable Release Date: 2015-11-16

Created 2015-11-16
Last Updated 2015-12-11

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-13-01-25-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-13-01-25-20.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 14,378
  • Screenshot_2015-10-13-01-25-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-13-01-25-09.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 14,376
  • Screenshot_2015-10-13-21-50-50.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-13-21-50-50.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 14,152
  • Screenshot_2015-11-16-20-48-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-16-20-48-48.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 14,056
  • Screenshot_2015-11-16-20-50-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-16-20-50-32.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 14,103
  • Screenshot_2015-11-16-20-50-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-16-20-50-56.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 13,759
  • Screenshot_2015-12-07-15-48-50.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-07-15-48-50.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 10,134
  • Screenshot_2016-01-06-23-25-27.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-06-23-25-27.png
    207 KB · Views: 5,748
Last edited:

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
Flashing WildLife

Flashing Instructions - Full ROM

Step 1 - Backup
If you don't have a backup program, you can grab a really fast and free one, Backup+. XDA Forum | My Mirror - Direct Download. Be sure you keep the APK on your Internal Storage so you can install it easily and restore the rest of your apps. Also, I strongly recommend you copy your internal storage (or at least the backup directory) onto a PC, a harddrive, a flash drive, or cloud storage such as Google Drive. Get it off your phone and make it safe.

Step 2 - Boot into Recovery
Even if your reboot menu doesn't have a Recovery option, you can always just hold down the Volume Down button when your phone boots and you're good. I recommend Philz Recovery from this XDA thread or you can download the exact ZIP I use.

Step 3 - Wipe Carefully
This step is what is known as a "clean flash". Do not perform this step if you are flashing an upgrade or addition. If this is the first time you've flashed this ROM, you want the full version and you want to do it cleanly. Failure to clean flash leads to odd problems. For example, Agent stopped reading my calendar, or my Camera plugins would start to disappear.

You do not want to do a Factory wipe or anything like that or you'll lose all your data. Do not format /data. Here's where it gets confusing. Many recovery systems treat /data and Internal Storage as if they were separate partitions, but they are not. Your internal storage is on the same partition as /data. If you are from Windows, image your /system is your C: drive, and /data (where your apps are at) and your internal storage are both on D:. Your recovery has a specific wipe designed to safely wipe /data without wiping out your internal storage by erase directories individually, yet automatically.

Philz makes this simple and direct. Select Wipe and Format Options, then select Clean to Install a New ROM. Confirm the wipe, and you are ready to go.

Step 4 - Flash the ZIP
This is pretty easy. Select the option to flash it, find it on your device, and away it goes. If you downloaded the file to your PC (or wiped your internal storage and now have no files on your phone), you can use the "sideload" option you see in the menu. Just plug in a USB cable and type: adb sideload Aardvark.zip This does require that you have adb drivers set up on your PC, but you needed that to unlock your bootloader, right? More tips like this in a later post!

Step 5 - Flash your Gapps
The most important part of Gapps is making sure its for Lollipop. The more up to date, the better. You should download the smallest GApps that fits your needs, just so you don't have to download so much. You can specifically control which Gapps are installed with a config file. Just drop the gapps-config.txt into the same directory as your gapps ZIP file. This file can even delete crufty Cyanogen apps that you don't need or want (you have better ones from Play store right?) and reduce bloat considerably.

About the Gapps Config | OpenGapps is the recommended Gapps package | Newer Sources for Gapps | My gapps-config.txt ... note: you might not want to use my config unless you want almost all your Cyanogen apps to go away. When the system comes up, you won't have a file manager to install Backup+. I install it with "adb install BackupPlus.apk" or if its on the phone, you can log in with adb shell and then install with pm install $PWD/BackupPlus.apk
TIP: If you have Chrome installed from Gapps, you can open it and type "file:///sdcard" in the URL window and then select your Backup+ or Titanium Backup APK to install it. Be sure you have "Install from unknown sources" turned on. Now you can restore your good File Manager (like FX File Manager mentioned in Post #5) from your Backup and don't need Cyanogen's!
NOTE: If you have trouble with OpenGapps, then you can try my stable mirror or SlimGapps (which is now recommended by jgcaap, but I've not tried it myself yet ... but expect it to be the new recommended after I run it through the paces).

Step 6 - Reboot your Phone
After flashing, the first time your phone comes up, its going to optimize itself and you should expect it to take awhile. Don't panic, and wait a few minutes. I refuse the CyanogenMod account (you already have a Google one, and Cyanogen doesn't offer anything extra and defintely do NOT send bug reports or analytics to Cyanogen!). I also go into Settings, About Phone, tap the Build Number like a mad monkey to turn on Developer options, and from there, I enable the Reboot Menu, Fast Boot, Cut the animations down to below 0.5, and turn on ADB since I'll be installing Backup+ over ADB.

Step 7 - Restore your Backup
Use your file manager (or ADB) to install your backup program and then restore the rest of the apps from your backup. I keep my Wifi off so that Google Play won't freak out and try upgrading stuff while its restoring. Do not use ROM Settings Backups to try to move settings from one ROM to another (thats what Update files are for). You can usually restore your Desktop with Backup+ by restoring the data for Trebuchet if you formerly used another Cyanogen release. The next reboot I go to Play Store and upgrade any apps that need it.

Step 8 - Final Config / Updates
I haven't found a perfect way to back up Trebuchet and my desktop ... but Backup+'s system backup tool (paid feature) can be used to restore the Trebuchet data, which gets everything but the widgets. If you use OmniSwitcher, just turn it on. If you use Xposed, it should already be working and active. If you don't use Xposed, jgcaap's version won't slow down your phone or cause glitches. However, if you really don't want it on your phone, you can flash this to deinstall it and can reinstall it without flashing the whole ROM by flashing this file.

MaxxAudio is gone ... use Viper. Set it to Super Audio Quality and reboot when it says to (Aardvark only, no reboot required for Badger and above). More about Viper here. I strongly recommend reading as there are a lot of optional add-ons (convolvers and such for emulating other tones and systems) but many of these will use significant battery power. I don't even use it for the built-in speaker. You can control it per output device, and have different profiles, such as if you have multiple pairs of headphones or different USB Audio devices.

Please Donate to the developers when you use an app. It is only through your support that you get to use high quality apps. This ROM has ads blocked, so developers of free apps will go poor and hungry since they won't be getting any revenue from your ad clicks!

Flashing Instructions - Updates
An update is a slimmed down version without any apps (unless they've been updated), no firmware, no media files, etc. And it avoids flashing over files you may have changed or deinstalled, like the hosts file or various bundled apps. It doesn't touch your settings, you don't need to wipe anything, and it just upgrades in-place. All you need to do is Steps 2 and 4 and 6!! Updates are clearly labelled. Never wipe your phone when installing an update! No OTA yet.

Last edited:

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
Tweaking

Tweaking, Trimming and Theming

Kernel

There is a UKM for jgcaap's kernel which is in the download area. You'll need Synapse from Play store to use it. I don't recommend tweaking the kernel, but if you want the option it is there. Just download the ZIP, flash it in recovery, and you can start tweaking some kernel parameters! Personally, I use 3C Android Tuner (see below) because it can tune more than just the kernel, but you might find something UKM does that 3C doesn't. As as Badger, you can use the init.d script option for restoring settings imposed by kernel tweakers.,

Governor

Your governor controlls when your CPU is at full blast, when it throttles down, and how quickly it changes and by how much. This will affect battery and performance (and "lag") considerably. As of Badger, the default CPU governor is "blu_active". You won't need to ever change to "Performance" mode to squeeze out more power, its runs even more fluid than before, and battery life is as good as ever. There are a couple ways to select the governor. The one I use is 3C (below). The only source of lag is memory. If you run out and Android has to swap stuff out, there will be a noticeable delay. If you rarely get lag, but get it rather severely, I bet its when you have 20 apps open and a million installed with their own background services and content providers! Suddenly the OOM (Out Of Memory) killer attacks and your phone stops for a second or two. I'm testing a possible solution, but everyone's phone is different.

CPU Temp

How hot does your CPU get? If you run Cardboard like me, you might be concerned. If you have to switch to an app to find out, then your CPU will have already cooled by the time you see the temp. This CPUTemp App displays an overlay anywhere you want that will show you your exact temperature. It can also save the data and give you in-depth graphs of CPU speed, load, and temperature. Alternately, you can just use this Xposed module to always show the CPU temperature in your status bar. (WARNING: I've not tested this Xposed module myself).

Xposed

Wildlife already has Xposed installed. If you have heard of requirements that your ROM must be deodexed or odex or and that you will have compatibility issues or slowdown, the current news is that the latest Xposed works on odexed ROMs and jgcaap has personally blessed some modifications to increase speed and compatibility with this ROM, and final result is packed into Wildlife. However, until you install some Xposed modules, it lies dormant. Fire up the Xposed Installer and you can start searching for tools to tweak how your phone looks, how it acts, how it sounds, and tweak some more battery life. Once you install a module, activate it, and then reboot.

Please be aware that not all Xposed modules are compatible with Lollipop and not all modules are created equal. I have heard mixed reports on GravityBox in particular. If for some reason your phone gets horribly confused and won't boot because of some Xposed module you have installed, or if you just hate the idea of having Xposed and want it gone. There is a solution! Flash this Xposed Uninstaller and if you flash this and want Xposed to come back, just Flash Jgcaap's modified v75 Xposed framework.

Ones I use are the 3C Toolbox helper, Clarity (makes your contacts in better definition), No Device Check (privacy), RootCloak (hides root), Smart Network (auto switches between 3G and LTE to conserve battery).

3C ToolBox

If you like tweaking, this toolbox has a little bit of everything. You can view logs, including last kernel boot log (the one that ran before you crashed), open a terminal, set a firewall, change CPU and GPU governors, disable services, remove programs from the start-up list, change network congestion control ... the list goes on and on!
Here is the XDA thread (with download links) for this tweaker's toolbox.

Battery Extensions
The first step to checking battery problems is Wakelock Detector and Better Battery Stats. These tools will tell you where your juice is going. If an app is holding a wakelock, ditch the app or alert the developer. Once you see what is chewing the most battery you can launch an assault on it with these tools:
  • Xposed Modules - Again, I'm going to defer to an expert source, @V7 's Extreme Battery Life Thread for all the goodies on PowerNap, Greenify, Amplify, and all the others that you've heard about.
  • Underclocking - I simply do NOT recommend this. Why? Well I checked Better Battery Stats! And my CPU had only been at full speed for 6% of the time. The next speed was under 2Ghz. So, is it worth slowing down your phone by 20% in order to achieve an overall savings of about 1.2% battery? The reason for this is that your system has what's called a governor that predicts how much CPU you need at any given moment and adjusts accordingly. This means you only use max CPU when you need it! If you underclock, then you are slowing down your phone when you need it most. You might even waste more battery because you'll be keeping your screen on longer waiting for your phone to finish!
  • Undervolting - I don't like this idea either. Basically, the voltage is how much strength it takes to open the transistor gates, like little doors. When your CPU gets busy, the voltage can fluctuate by small amounts, and if you undervolt your CPU, you can occasionally get a gate that doesn't open, and your get a CPU doing really crazy things and some app with crash or your whole system will crash. Generally, higher speeds require higher voltage to keep your CPU stable, and less voltage at lower speeds. Imagine trying to open and shut a door really fast ... you'll need more force than just shutting the door gently.
  • Can I get 9hrs SOT? - Sure! See the screen shot, but here's the secret. WASTE battery power! If you have a flip-case, remove it. Take your screen timer and set it REALLY high and don't turn off your screen. Let it BURN! This will ensure that your screen is on for a really long time. Cheating? Well, yes and no. The point is that someone who is chatting on their phone over Wifi and rarely touches it, but leave the screen on while doing so will get great SOT. The guy streaming Bluetooth audio all day long and has their phone tethered to use LTE internet with a low signal will waste tons of battery and may not have the screen on at all. The 9hr screen on time was done while doing all the above, plus some web browsing using ....
  • Ultimate Browser - This browser is said to use less battery than Chrome and others. You can check it out and see for yourself on The Ultimate Browser XDA thread.

Themes

Many people ask about the themes pictured in the screenshots. This is the Deep Darkness Overhauled Theme but with the thinner fonts from Cosmos CM12. Just select which parts of each theme you like before clicking the Update button.

I'm now using an Add-On package for this theme that gives icons that aren't so dark. It has a cool font, too, but I don't know if I like the Cosmos or Deep Darkness Add-On better. I'm also using a compromise between the 400 DPI (real) and 480 DPI (stock) of 440 DPI. This still gives me 5 icons wide on the home screens without throwing off apps that expect stock DPI (much).

Last edited:

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
Rescuing Your OnePlus From Disaster

Rescuing Your OnePlus From Disaster
I sure hope you never need any of this information! The following links are from Heisenberg's OnePlus One thread
Device Recovery/Unbrick Tools
[TOOL] One-Click Backup & Restore EFS on OnePlus One
[TOOL] OnePlusRecovery Tool | Restore Stock (CM11S) | Fix Bricks | ETC
[TOOL] OnePlus One Return To Stock - Automated!
[GUIDE] [UNBRICK] Unbrick Oneplus One

I originally intended to post a step-by-step, but instead I'll defer to existing/tested sources. Heisenberg's thread has tons of useful information and is well worth checking out.

Last edited:

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
More Info

Link Database

Someone has an awesome thread listing all the links you could ever ask for, so I'll defer to those that are already maintaining this. Here you are ...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2843675

Recommended Apps
Please note that these are some of the best of the best, and most of them are not free!
  • Email - K-@ Mail This is a fork of K-9, which is the Android Mutt (from Dr Who) .. mutt being a classic Unix mail program. I love Dr Who, but K-@ was such a big improvement, I had to go with it. If you need full folder support, multiple accounts, and support for email cryptographic signing and encryption, multiple identities, and html editing of email and html signatures!
  • Music Player - PowerAmp - this is by the best music player I've used, bar none. If you don't want it messing with your custom lockscreen wallpaper, you can tell it not to, or add a whole second/custom lockscreen over the original. It has its own EQ, but I don't need it with Viper. To make PowerAmp compatible with Viper, simply turn off the direct volume control. You can use Xposed to add more volume steps if you like the extra control that PowerAmp's default has.
  • Video Player - VLC Video Lan Client Plays everything, does everything, streams videos, and has remote control apps to connect to other VLCs anywhere on your network.
  • QuickPic - QuickPic is a replacement for the stock Cyanogen Gallery. It works and acts much the same only its much much faster. Another good choice is Piktures, but new users may find it a bit more complicated, and it doesn't seem to be nearly as fast.
  • Agent - While much of what Agent does can be duplicated with other tools, the ease of use and flexibility of this tool can't be beat. It monitors your calendar for meetings and silences your phone, knows when you are driving and responds to your texts (and/or reads them to you), detects when your sleeping and makes your phone quiet (even if you sleep at different times). Has a battery saver mode, and can even remember where you parked. The Meeting agent works best if your calendar supports the "Busy" flag, which Google removed about a year ago, so ...
  • Today Calendar - The Today Calendar is just a really beautiful app and has some nice widgets (although I just use cLock from Cyanogen to show my calendar and make appointments via Voice commands, so I don't see Today much, I still bought it). It has the Busy flag and all sorts of features. If you want one a little less flashy (and free), try Boxer Calendar.
  • File Manager - The FX File Manager is by far the greatest file manager. It has everything built in, including SMB to network with Windows and SFTP to network with any machines running SSH. App Management, Media Refresh, and nice clean material design! Bloat free!
  • FXR Wifi Repair - Get this app and install it NOW! You will thank me the day you end up needing it!

Project Toolbar

For those on Tapatalk that don't get the toolbar, here it is ...
Downloads
ScreenShots
Reviews
Feature Requests
Bug Reports

Last edited:

Tyga187

Jun 5, 2013
I'm running 12.1-20151030 deodexed version. Could you provide me links to proper Xposed installer? Or is it ok to flash that one package with all that installed?

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
I'm running 12.1-20151030 deodexed version. Could you provide me links to proper Xposed installer and Viper? Or is it ok to flash that one package with all that installed?

Don't know if 10/30 needs deodex or not but if its before jgcaaps hacks you'll need the older Xposed. I have it and Ill upload it for you to my site (Eddon Systems Download Page ... link in first post). Viper is already there (look for LolliViper).

If you don't mind taking the time to do a clean flash, Aardvark is based on the 11/08 build with the Apple code. All works out of the box :) Dirty flash possible, but can lead to weird problems.

I'll upload Xposed v75 right now

More about me at https://eddon.systems

Last edited:
Reactions: Purerawenergy

Tyga187

Jun 5, 2013
Ok so it is possible to run odexed version and have Xposed working? I've heard that I need deodexed version for exposed that's why I'm on 20151030.

Thanks a lot for fast response!

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
Deodex and Xposed

The newer builds are made in such a way that you can use them with Odex builds without problems. We even have a special "Hacked" version of Xposed that prevents the possible slowdown issues and bypassing jgcaap's ART improvements.

So yes, use Odex and new builds and preferably the "Hacked ZIP" for the framework, although normal v75 still works. Or flash Aardvark. I've got maybe a dozen Xposed modules active.

The reason you don't see newer Deodex is because they aren't needed anymore

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyga187

lokesh.3440

Apr 24, 2012
Shimla
The newer builds are made in such a way that you can use them with Odex builds without problems. We even have a special "Hacked" version of Xposed that prevents the possible slowdown issues and bypassing jgcaap's ART improvements.

So yes, use Odex and new builds and preferably the "Hacked ZIP" for the framework, although normal v75 still works. Or flash Aardvark. I've got maybe a dozen Xposed modules active.

The reason you don't see newer Deodex is because they aren't needed anymore

Which build has Apple code ? Normal odexed build , deodexed or bionic build ?

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
Which build has Apple code ? Normal odexed build , deodexed or bionic build ?
It varies based on date and jgcaap's whim. The 11/08 builds do. I don't think any deodex builds do because he stopped making those before the Apple assembler code experiments.

Since 11/08 has it, Aardvark has it.

Bionic isn't a ROM build, its the Android low level C library to which the Apple code is being added.

Reactions: lokesh.3440

lokesh.3440

Apr 24, 2012
Shimla
It varies based on date and jgcaap's whim. The 11/08 builds do. I don't think any deodex builds do because he stopped making those before the Apple assembler code experiments.

Since 11/08 has it, Aardvark has it.

Bionic isn't a ROM build, its the Android low level C library to which the Apple code is being added.

I m downloading latest build now.

Reactions: uudruid74

Purerawenergy

Jul 21, 2014
Miami
Good job Evan. This will definitely help Jorge and the Marshmallow project. Thanks in advance brother.. See you on the testing ground.

Tom 2.0

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
Good job Evan. This will definitely help Jorge and the Marshmallow project. Thanks in advance brother.. See you on the testing ground.

Tom 2.0
I'm going to be stealing your post you made in the other thread about battery tweaks ... Greenify, Amplify, PowerNap and all that. It will go in the tweaks post. Let me know if that info is changed and if you can remember the date or post number for when I go digging.

Purerawenergy

Jul 21, 2014
Miami
I'm going to be stealing your post you made in the other thread about battery tweaks ... Greenify, Amplify, PowerNap and all that. It will go in the tweaks post. Let me know if that info is changed and if you can remember the date or post number for when I go digging.

You may want to link my buddy @v7 in there somewhere if you want. He's the wake lock master Bro. And his helpfulness is awe inspiring.

Tom 2.0

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Oh and it's not stealing if you ask someone. Haha

Tom 2.0

Reactions: v7

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
You may want to link my buddy @v7 in there somewhere if you want. He's the wake lock master Bro. And his helpfulness is awe inspiring.

Tom 2.0

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Oh and it's not stealing if you ask someone. Haha

Tom 2.0
Actually, I put your name in as a contributor (and obviously @jgcaap) which gives you a lot more access. That way, if I'm hit by a bus tomorrow, other people can step in (its the admin in me). You might be able to edit the project page and initial reserved posts yourself.

My routed here is getting old so I'm doing a reflash and adding a captive portal to disconnect people when there isn't a human body using it. I need to cut down on everyone's bandwidth usage. So ... gonna be a busy night.

Reactions: Purerawenergy

elmerq

Jul 28, 2009
I am going to download your rom and test it in a couple of days ;)

Wysłane z mojego A0001 przy użyciu Tapatalka

plasticglock

Mar 4, 2011
Texas
Well this came around at a perfect time! I haven't been actively flashing my phone much this year and my current ROM is from July 5th lol. So I'm not really new, but could use something pre made like this. Reading, backing up, and downloading this afternoon, then flash later tonight. Thanks for putting this up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    peacock_animal_iridescent_sm.jpg

Current Events
    • Dodo released! This means this ROM is now extinct. Sorry! If links below fail, try this one!
    • OTA is in Beta. Will be included in CM 13 release once both are stable. OTA will be available before full-sized versions due to the testing process (updates are tested first).
    • SnapChat will not work without some help. This is entirely SnapChat's fault for trying to control your device. Please read this thread before flashing and how you can make it work. Or just open Xposed installer, install Snapprefs and reboot.

Introduction
    Welcome to the fastest and most stable ROM for your OnePlus. This thread is mainly a support thread for Jgcaap's awesome work, allowing him to spend more time working on "M" and less time answering questions. His latest builds will be tested by me, hand selected for stability, and the best of the crop will be repackaged, enhanced, and placed here. If you are new to this ROM, check the screen shots for benchmark results and battery life screenshots. Be amazed, then download the ROM and be even more amazed! Smooth as glass and flows like water! As one person has said, "Disgustingly Fast!"

Please read this entire post! Check back often for updates. Also, current jgcaap users will get additional information and tips that can be useful. Check out all the links! And if you want to try some Bacon wrapped Marshmallow, click the bent arrow in the Announcement's line.

Wildlife
    Each ROM will be named by an animal, starting at A for Aardvark. A picture of the animal will be placed here so you can see at a glance which release is current. The original jgcaap ROMs often have multiple releases in a single day, and every country has a different date format, so the animal names will allow us to represent specific "official" releases with memorable names.

Release (CM 12.1 - jgcaap 11/30): (click image to update)

Features & Changes
    The ROM gets repackaged so that new users don't have to go about tracking down which files they need and which order to flash things. The firmware is included and everything is set and ready to go. For legal reasons, just add your own GApps and go. This ROM currently has the following feature's prepackaged and already included with the ROM ...
    • SuperSU (pre roooted)
    • Xposed (special jgcaap version)
    • Moab Ad Blocker
    • --- ZooKeeper can configure this!
    • ColorOS Camera
    • --- with manual focus option
    • Viper (Audio Eargasm)
    • Dolby ATMOS! (Dodo+)
    • Send Reduced (send small pics)
    • CatLog (for bug reports)
    • Show On Lockscreen (wallpaper)
    • OmniSwitcher (optional)
    • Init.d Support (Badger+)
    • Governor: blu-active (Badger+)
    • Low call volume fix
    • OTA Support (coming soon!)

Support, Questions, Feature Requests and Bugs
    Please report all bugs for CM12.1/Lollipop based Jgcaap ROMs to this thread. Even if you didn't download one of the Wildlife pre-packaged ROM sets! Feel free to ask questions. This thread will have the same warm inviting atmosphere that jgcaap's development thread has always had. Newb-friendly and all are welcome!

Getting Started
    There will be two ROM images available. The update packages will be designed with a smaller download size with only the files that have actually been changed. The installer will not remove things you have added nor re-install programs you have removed. If you are already using a WildLife ROM, use the Update packages to upgrade. This does not apply to full versions. The full versions should be clean flashed.

The next post will have Step-by-Step instructions telling you exactly what you need to do and how to go about flashing your phone or upgrading. The post after that will have all the tips and tricks for maximum tweaker power. Finally, we'll have instructions on how to rescue your phone when something goes wrong.

Sponsored by Eddon Systems
    Additional Downloads at Eddon Systems Download Page

XDA:DevDB Information
    Wildlife Android, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    uudruid74, jgcaap, purerawenergy
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: INCLUDED
    Source Code: Jgcaap's Github Repo
    Based On: CyanogenMod 12.1

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: See Post
    Stable Release Date: 2015-11-16

Created 2015-11-16
    Last Updated 2015-12-11
    Important
    First, the full Dodo install (330MB) is now available. This is a different install method (flash it exactly the same way!) and instead of an image file thats tough to modify, its a tar file (tar files preserve Unix permissions but are otherwise like a ZIP). Previous versions may not have been installing the firmware (my bad). So Dodo installs firmware, kernel, and then formats /system and extracts all the files. It doesn't have to layer su or viper or atmos or anything after the fact. This was going to be my new method as its smaller and more flexible. Download here ...

https://eddon.systems/Download/WildLife/ROM/download/Dodo.zip
    or
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9a4c293xQN_R0FZcThGTGpKRG8/view?usp=sharing

Did you notice I said "was"? I am also sorry to inform everyone that due to circumstances beyond my control I will be completely off the Internet for awhile and the Eddon Systems Website is coming down. If anyone wants to continue work on ZooKeeper, my github is https://github.com/uudruid74/Zoo-Keeper Feel free to fork the code and do whatever with it. I have added a link in the OP to the Google Drive ZIP as that may last longer than my server since I'm cutting payments today.

Bye all! It's been fun while it lasted. This is an awesome ROM and I'm sure it will function well until you are ready to take the plunge into a bowl full of bacon flavored marshmallows. I've heard Jgcaap's Marshmallow ROM is running really well these days. Both @Purerawenergy and @jgcaap should have access to make changes to this thread and the OP if need be. There is already a link to the CM13 thread in the OP.

:crying:
    More Info

Link Database

Someone has an awesome thread listing all the links you could ever ask for, so I'll defer to those that are already maintaining this. Here you are ...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2843675

Recommended Apps
    Please note that these are some of the best of the best, and most of them are not free!
    • Email - K-@ Mail This is a fork of K-9, which is the Android Mutt (from Dr Who) .. mutt being a classic Unix mail program. I love Dr Who, but K-@ was such a big improvement, I had to go with it. If you need full folder support, multiple accounts, and support for email cryptographic signing and encryption, multiple identities, and html editing of email and html signatures!
    • Music Player - PowerAmp - this is by the best music player I've used, bar none. If you don't want it messing with your custom lockscreen wallpaper, you can tell it not to, or add a whole second/custom lockscreen over the original. It has its own EQ, but I don't need it with Viper. To make PowerAmp compatible with Viper, simply turn off the direct volume control. You can use Xposed to add more volume steps if you like the extra control that PowerAmp's default has.
    • Video Player - VLC Video Lan Client Plays everything, does everything, streams videos, and has remote control apps to connect to other VLCs anywhere on your network.
    • QuickPic - QuickPic is a replacement for the stock Cyanogen Gallery. It works and acts much the same only its much much faster. Another good choice is Piktures, but new users may find it a bit more complicated, and it doesn't seem to be nearly as fast.
    • Agent - While much of what Agent does can be duplicated with other tools, the ease of use and flexibility of this tool can't be beat. It monitors your calendar for meetings and silences your phone, knows when you are driving and responds to your texts (and/or reads them to you), detects when your sleeping and makes your phone quiet (even if you sleep at different times). Has a battery saver mode, and can even remember where you parked. The Meeting agent works best if your calendar supports the "Busy" flag, which Google removed about a year ago, so ...
    • Today Calendar - The Today Calendar is just a really beautiful app and has some nice widgets (although I just use cLock from Cyanogen to show my calendar and make appointments via Voice commands, so I don't see Today much, I still bought it). It has the Busy flag and all sorts of features. If you want one a little less flashy (and free), try Boxer Calendar.
    • File Manager - The FX File Manager is by far the greatest file manager. It has everything built in, including SMB to network with Windows and SFTP to network with any machines running SSH. App Management, Media Refresh, and nice clean material design! Bloat free!
    • FXR Wifi Repair - Get this app and install it NOW! You will thank me the day you end up needing it!

Project Toolbar

For those on Tapatalk that don't get the toolbar, here it is ...
    Downloads
    ScreenShots
    Reviews
    Feature Requests
    Bug Reports

Flashing WildLife

Flashing Instructions - Full ROM

Step 1 - Backup
    If you don't have a backup program, you can grab a really fast and free one, Backup+. XDA Forum | My Mirror - Direct Download. Be sure you keep the APK on your Internal Storage so you can install it easily and restore the rest of your apps. Also, I strongly recommend you copy your internal storage (or at least the backup directory) onto a PC, a harddrive, a flash drive, or cloud storage such as Google Drive. Get it off your phone and make it safe.

Step 2 - Boot into Recovery
    Even if your reboot menu doesn't have a Recovery option, you can always just hold down the Volume Down button when your phone boots and you're good. I recommend Philz Recovery from this XDA thread or you can download the exact ZIP I use.

Step 3 - Wipe Carefully
    This step is what is known as a "clean flash". Do not perform this step if you are flashing an upgrade or addition. If this is the first time you've flashed this ROM, you want the full version and you want to do it cleanly. Failure to clean flash leads to odd problems. For example, Agent stopped reading my calendar, or my Camera plugins would start to disappear.

You do not want to do a Factory wipe or anything like that or you'll lose all your data. Do not format /data. Here's where it gets confusing. Many recovery systems treat /data and Internal Storage as if they were separate partitions, but they are not. Your internal storage is on the same partition as /data. If you are from Windows, image your /system is your C: drive, and /data (where your apps are at) and your internal storage are both on D:. Your recovery has a specific wipe designed to safely wipe /data without wiping out your internal storage by erase directories individually, yet automatically.

Philz makes this simple and direct. Select Wipe and Format Options, then select Clean to Install a New ROM. Confirm the wipe, and you are ready to go.

Step 4 - Flash the ZIP
    This is pretty easy. Select the option to flash it, find it on your device, and away it goes. If you downloaded the file to your PC (or wiped your internal storage and now have no files on your phone), you can use the "sideload" option you see in the menu. Just plug in a USB cable and type: adb sideload Aardvark.zip This does require that you have adb drivers set up on your PC, but you needed that to unlock your bootloader, right? More tips like this in a later post!

Step 5 - Flash your Gapps
    The most important part of Gapps is making sure its for Lollipop. The more up to date, the better. You should download the smallest GApps that fits your needs, just so you don't have to download so much. You can specifically control which Gapps are installed with a config file. Just drop the gapps-config.txt into the same directory as your gapps ZIP file. This file can even delete crufty Cyanogen apps that you don't need or want (you have better ones from Play store right?) and reduce bloat considerably.

About the Gapps Config | OpenGapps is the recommended Gapps package | Newer Sources for Gapps | My gapps-config.txt ... note: you might not want to use my config unless you want almost all your Cyanogen apps to go away. When the system comes up, you won't have a file manager to install Backup+. I install it with "adb install BackupPlus.apk" or if its on the phone, you can log in with adb shell and then install with pm install $PWD/BackupPlus.apk
    TIP: If you have Chrome installed from Gapps, you can open it and type "file:///sdcard" in the URL window and then select your Backup+ or Titanium Backup APK to install it. Be sure you have "Install from unknown sources" turned on. Now you can restore your good File Manager (like FX File Manager mentioned in Post #5) from your Backup and don't need Cyanogen's!
    NOTE: If you have trouble with OpenGapps, then you can try my stable mirror or SlimGapps (which is now recommended by jgcaap, but I've not tried it myself yet ... but expect it to be the new recommended after I run it through the paces).

Step 6 - Reboot your Phone
    After flashing, the first time your phone comes up, its going to optimize itself and you should expect it to take awhile. Don't panic, and wait a few minutes. I refuse the CyanogenMod account (you already have a Google one, and Cyanogen doesn't offer anything extra and defintely do NOT send bug reports or analytics to Cyanogen!). I also go into Settings, About Phone, tap the Build Number like a mad monkey to turn on Developer options, and from there, I enable the Reboot Menu, Fast Boot, Cut the animations down to below 0.5, and turn on ADB since I'll be installing Backup+ over ADB.

Step 7 - Restore your Backup
    Use your file manager (or ADB) to install your backup program and then restore the rest of the apps from your backup. I keep my Wifi off so that Google Play won't freak out and try upgrading stuff while its restoring. Do not use ROM Settings Backups to try to move settings from one ROM to another (thats what Update files are for). You can usually restore your Desktop with Backup+ by restoring the data for Trebuchet if you formerly used another Cyanogen release. The next reboot I go to Play Store and upgrade any apps that need it.

Step 8 - Final Config / Updates
    I haven't found a perfect way to back up Trebuchet and my desktop ... but Backup+'s system backup tool (paid feature) can be used to restore the Trebuchet data, which gets everything but the widgets. If you use OmniSwitcher, just turn it on. If you use Xposed, it should already be working and active. If you don't use Xposed, jgcaap's version won't slow down your phone or cause glitches. However, if you really don't want it on your phone, you can flash this to deinstall it and can reinstall it without flashing the whole ROM by flashing this file.

MaxxAudio is gone ... use Viper. Set it to Super Audio Quality and reboot when it says to (Aardvark only, no reboot required for Badger and above). More about Viper here. I strongly recommend reading as there are a lot of optional add-ons (convolvers and such for emulating other tones and systems) but many of these will use significant battery power. I don't even use it for the built-in speaker. You can control it per output device, and have different profiles, such as if you have multiple pairs of headphones or different USB Audio devices.

Please Donate to the developers when you use an app. It is only through your support that you get to use high quality apps. This ROM has ads blocked, so developers of free apps will go poor and hungry since they won't be getting any revenue from your ad clicks!

Flashing Instructions - Updates
    An update is a slimmed down version without any apps (unless they've been updated), no firmware, no media files, etc. And it avoids flashing over files you may have changed or deinstalled, like the hosts file or various bundled apps. It doesn't touch your settings, you don't need to wipe anything, and it just upgrades in-place. All you need to do is Steps 2 and 4 and 6!! Updates are clearly labelled. Never wipe your phone when installing an update! No OTA yet.
    These days you can ask me yourself and I can email it to you or Dropbox it! The server will be back online soon, but my car is in the shop and just needed ANOTHER $100 for more parts that weren't in the budget. But, I'm getting there!

Yes, folks. I'm back! I may just be lurking about in the shadows getting ready to gear back up, but we're gonna have some fun very soon!