[DEV][TOOL][BRICKPROOF]TF300 NVFlash release!

Search This thread

rayman

Senior Recognized Developer
May 1, 2008
After a hard day of extra testing, we're proud to announce Nvflash for TF300.

This release allows unlocked devices to create a set of device-specific files that lets you access nvflash.

Once the procedure is done, you will always be able to recover any software brick (even bootloader!) as long as you keep your files safe!

NOTE:
  • THIS REQUIRES A NON-BRICKED AND UNLOCKED DEVICE. IT WON'T WORK ON ALREADY BRICKED DEVICES
  • THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE A PRE-JB BOOTLOADER

More details at http://androidroot.mobi/?p=480

Important note: License: Due to the nature of wheelie and the importance of people always using the latest version, Wheelie is NOT redistributable! You are allowed to download it and use it, but you are not allowed to redistribute it in any way - this means no GUI's including it, no reposting zips/tar.gz's and similar! At a later date, we will be releasing our source code and relicense it as GPL.

Enjoy
- AndroidRoot.Mobi Team
Members: rayman, lilstevie, kmdm, Bumble-Bee (XDA: apache14), IEF (XDA: IEFtm)

NOTE: If anyone wishes to donate, http://androidroot.mobi/donations/ is place to do it! DO NOT DONATE DIRECTLY TO ME.

Last edited:

wideopn11

Jan 14, 2011
Nice, I'll have to give this try. Its good to have a safety net.
So once I have generated the files and have NvFlash working, would I be able to then flash the new JB from Asus and then use the NvFlash files to go back to ICS bootloader?

PS: This thread should be pinned.

Last edited:

rayman

Senior Recognized Developer
May 1, 2008
So once I have generated the files and have NvFlash working, would I be able to then flash the new JB from Asus and then use the NvFlash files to go back to ICS bootloader?

Yes! Once you have these files, you can move back and forth between any rom/bootloader you desire. ASUS can do nothing to prevent it once you have the files for your device!
It also essentially makes your device brick proof (assuming you carefully follow our guide and do the backups!), so development gets a lot more safe :)

Valantur

Aug 19, 2010
Yyyeeeeeahhhhh

THIS IS AWESOME!! Thank you guys so much for all your hard work.
I followed the process as explained in the guide and everything went perfectly.

For anyone there still on the fence... give it a go! The whole process takes 2-3 minutes. Just make sure you don't skip any step of the process and keep your generated files in 3 or 4 different locations (thumbdrive, cloud, external HD and the TF300 in my case).

Kudos to all of you again!

Reactions: das chaos

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
You need to be on ICS Bootloader...so yes,if you updated to Jelly Bean using the OTA or the official rom from Asus site you CAN'T use this.

Please don't abuse me because I may have missed any pertinent discussion but is there any thing in the works to eventually develop this to be workable with the JB Kernels and mods? :fingers-crossed:

Blubberor

Dec 1, 2010
I would guess there will be a way to downgrade and at this point you will be fine

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TG using xda app-developers app

Northern-Loop

Nov 30, 2009
Sorted in APX mode and installing drivers now!

Sweet backed up all files to Laptop/Tablet/Drive/Dropbox!

Not sure how to use NVFlash but at least I know its there if required!

Last edited:

wideopn11

Jan 14, 2011
I followed all the steps to the letter (I think) because everything worked up to and included generated the 5 files (blob.bin, blob.log, bootloader.ebt, create.bct, recovery.bct) which I saved to like 4 places lol, but I can't seem to get into APX mode. When ever I hold volume up and power I just end up in CWM recovery. Am I missing something?

Northern-Loop

Nov 30, 2009
I followed all the steps to the letter (I think) because everything worked up to and included generated the 5 files (blob.bin, blob.log, bootloader.ebt, create.bct, recovery.bct) which I saved to like 4 places lol, but I can't seem to get into APX mode. When ever I hold volume up and power I just end up in CWM recovery. Am I missing something?

Yeah just reboot the tablet and hold VOL + and it will go into APX mode

Reactions: wideopn11

wideopn11

Jan 14, 2011
Yeah just reboot the tablet and hold VOL + and it will go into APX mode
Ok thanks that worked. Now I am in APX mode, which driver do I point it at? It's not finding the driver automatically.

Edit: nevermind I had the driver, just needed to point to the right folder to install it. #facepalm

Last edited:

wideopn11

Jan 14, 2011
Awesome! Thanks for all the help. Is there some info on how to use NvFlash with these shiny new backups?

Last edited:

funnel71

Jan 24, 2011
I can't use this - already on jb, but still wanted to extend thanks. I'm sure this is a gem to many. Well done devs.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After a hard day of extra testing, we're proud to announce Nvflash for TF300.

This release allows unlocked devices to create a set of device-specific files that lets you access nvflash.

Once the procedure is done, you will always be able to recover any software brick (even bootloader!) as long as you keep your files safe!

NOTE:
    • THIS REQUIRES A NON-BRICKED AND UNLOCKED DEVICE. IT WON'T WORK ON ALREADY BRICKED DEVICES
    • THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE A PRE-JB BOOTLOADER

More details at http://androidroot.mobi/?p=480

Important note: License: Due to the nature of wheelie and the importance of people always using the latest version, Wheelie is NOT redistributable! You are allowed to download it and use it, but you are not allowed to redistribute it in any way - this means no GUI's including it, no reposting zips/tar.gz's and similar! At a later date, we will be releasing our source code and relicense it as GPL.

Enjoy
    - AndroidRoot.Mobi Team
    Members: rayman, lilstevie, kmdm, Bumble-Bee (XDA: apache14), IEF (XDA: IEFtm)

NOTE: If anyone wishes to donate, http://androidroot.mobi/donations/ is place to do it! DO NOT DONATE DIRECTLY TO ME.
    Seems like no one have noticed - the is a nvflash now for TF300T with JB :D https://www.androidroot.mobi/pages/guides/tegra3-guide-nvflash-jellybean/ works great - it tested it already. If you got any problems with blob.bin reflash the bootloader twice and regenerate the whille files.

Yes! Once you have these files, you can move back and forth between any rom/bootloader you desire. ASUS can do nothing to prevent it once you have the files for your device!
    It also essentially makes your device brick proof (assuming you carefully follow our guide and do the backups!), so development gets a lot more safe :)
    would love to have this as a fallback, but I think I am in a rather interesting predicament...

See, I don't think I ever backed up stock ANYTHING on this tablet, and I don't even remember how I got a rom on this thing to begin with (alot of life crap going on I think). All that I DO KNOW is that I am currently running CM10 and TWRP, and obviously have an unlocked bootloader.

Some peeps say that if you are on JB, you can't go back to ICS, but I seemed to have no problems with TWRP by going to hyrdo's ICS rom from cm10... maybe there was something I was missing.

I guess I just need someone to give me some TLC and guide me in the right direction. I know warranty is voided... So poopy there. If I need to do this as a Q&A entry, I will, but forgive me for checking here first as I know that sometimes people post things where they don't belong.

I am thinking it would be best to return this bad boy as close to stock as I can (kernel, rom) and then try the NVflash from there. But I don't have a stock ICS rom other than "V9.4.3.30 Only for US SKU (Android 4.0.3)" (not sure if this is a good starting point or not...

Everything personal is backed up, so any direction would be helpful :D

If you are unlocked and and running CM10 it sounds like you never updated to the official OTA JB rom from Asus. If that is the case then you deffinitley have the ICS bootloader. Also if you are running CM10 right now you cannot be on the JB bootloader as CM10 doesn't work with the new bootloader.

I am pretty sure you can use nvflash to back up all the important files from any rom as long as you are using ICS bootloader, which it sounds like you are.
    just like to say, that i will be the 1st donating for a JB Nvflash. Who is with me? Let´s make a donation pool for the dev who cracks the JB bootloader :)