Search This thread

Goose0121

Sep 13, 2010
pearland
wow navigating through the new 2.2 file system is a trip...so it is now finally possible to change boot animations with this beast?

dirkyboy

Aug 30, 2007
PHX
Oh this just makes me super happy!

FINALLY a team that has torrent downloads for their roms!!!!

lqaddict

Jul 19, 2010
NYC
Whoever asked about Adobe flash, download it from the market, and it does work :)
I tested it on CNN.com :)

strictlyrude27

Jan 12, 2010
Seattle, WA
We have been asked not to post it at this time.

I wonder how this works out since the work being derived is GPL-licensed. My impression was any GPL-derived work must also be licensed under the GPL, and as such any source code used to build said work must also be released freely to the public. (On another note, this means that while I have no problem donating to TW to use some of their donation-only ROMs and kernels, I don't think it's allowable under the GPL to not release the source code - or at least, someone could leak donator-only ROMs and kernels knowing the GPL specifically allows this to happen.)

Is this not the case? I feel like with the events of the past 48 hours and both Eugene and TeamWhiskey releasing fully working 2.2 ROMs, this little tidbit is being neglected. Furthermore, if the complete GPL-licensed leaked source code was released publically for all developers to use, I feel like such animosity that we've seen lately between developers would be mitigated.

Last edited:

phonepersonality

Apr 30, 2009
When I try OCLF it says "You do not have a /system/bin/playlogos1 / /system/bin/playlogo file!"

I tried to "restore the boot animation." =/

Question: Why would you try to restore the boot animation?

Not being a hardcase or anything, but its kinda obvious that the boot animation is different and since there is no official Vibrant ROM at the moment, I don't think there's anyway that OCLF would have the actual Boot Animation for Froyo on the Vibrant just yet.

A little deductive reasoning from a guy who has only been up 4 hours :)

rbirg

Jul 26, 2010

Not being a hardcase or anything, but its kinda obvious that the boot animation is different and since there is no official Vibrant ROM at the moment, I don't think there's anyway that OCLF would have the actual Boot Animation for Froyo on the Vibrant just yet.

just the first thing that popped into my mind to try tbh.

hburn

Sep 30, 2010
Nobody test it with bell i9000m yet? I think ill be the first

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
Can anyone test if the wiimote app works along with an external keyboard?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

muncknr

Jan 4, 2010
Haven't installed yet. But i would reccomend an uninstall and reinstall of rom manager. If its in the system/app folder, just delete it and install it from the market. See if that helps.

edit: Before that go into super user and see if Rom Manager has been granted root permision
edit2: you have clicked on flash clockwork mod recovery, and selected the vibrant... right?

yes yes, i did the uninstall reinstall, selected vibrant, it has su permissions. adb wouldnt let me in either. so i am stumped.

phonepersonality

Apr 30, 2009
Is this not the case? I feel like with the events of the past 48 hours and both Eugene and TeamWhiskey releasing fully working 2.2 ROMs, this little tidbit is being neglected. Furthermore, if the complete GPL-licensed leaked source code was released publically for all developers to use, I feel like such animosity that we've seen lately between developers would be mitigated.

Dude! Its only been a few hours! And on a weekend to boot.
How about we at least give the dust time to settle first before we get into the wither hither yonder of the matter? :)

turbosix

Mar 12, 2009
Dallas

really?

clicking "restore boot animation" was required to install the OCLF in fusion roms before, due to getting an error that said something like "it looks like you've already got a lagfix installed... due to the size of playlogos file"

rbirg

Jul 26, 2010
really?

clicking "restore boot animation" was required to install the OCLF in fusion roms before, due to getting an error that said something like "it looks like you've already got a lagfix installed... due to the size of playlogos file"

More importantly... how the hell do I apply OCLF to Froyo?:cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Logo.jpg
    All of Team Whiskeys roms perform a full system wipe​

OFFICIAL HOME OF BIONIX AND TEAM WHISKEY
    http://board.teamwhiskey.com/index.php
    http://www.teamwhiskey.com/
    http://webchat.freenode.net/
    irc.freenode.net / #teamwhiskey

Beta 3 is the most stable build yet. Technically, it should be out of beta, but I still have a couple more modifications to throw in. You won't have any problems with this build. PLEASE run this rom as is and report bugs. DO NOT flash this and then flash other kernels or modifications and then post bugs because we'll have no idea if its the rom or the other kernels or mods you've installed causing the problem.

Nero Beta 3:
    - Updated Market
    - Updated VoiceSearch
    - Fixed blurry mms issue
    - Mounting issue fixed (hopefully)
    - Added multiple lock screens and Power menu options (HUGE thanks to Jocelyn for her contribution!)
    - New shutdown sound
    - New livewallpaper
    - New status icons
    - init script edits for a little extra speed (still tweaking to get it just right)
    - Framework edits

Please check out our forum for tons of extras, and don't forget to visit us in our IRC for any help you may need, we're happy to assist.

Nero Beta 2:
    - Full JL1 base with our modifications of course
    - Heavily modified to look and feel like the nexus s (gingerbread)
    - Fixed the black text on black submenu issue. its not white text on black as it should be.
    - Modified init scripts for added speed
    - Updated Maps
    - Updated Gmail
    - Updated YouTube
    - Additional Framework edits
    - New Bootanimation

Download:
    Nero Beta 3
    me too #nohomo
    I replaced the background of the stock Nexus LWP to the background of the gingerbread Nexus LWP made by the3dman. It completes the gingerbread look :cool: Clockwork flashable zip included.

nexus.jpgsnap20101210004741.jpg
    Thanks for the tip. But are you sure resetting the battery stats after flashing a new ROM won't mess up the battery life in any manner? Wanna be sure about this before I start doing this.

when you flash a new rom, it alters the current battery reading, in other
    words, it doesn't read it correctly. that's why you have to reset battery
    stats to have a correct info through the rom.. resetting the stats doesn't
    ruin your battery's life. it simply corrects the reading. Thus reconditioning
    your battery brings more life to your battery and is healthy to do twice in
    a month...

here's how to correctly recondition/reset your battery stats:

1. make sure you drain the battery completely to the point when it shutdowns
    by itself.
    2. charge it without turning it on for about 4-6 hours.
    3. after you've done that, go to cw by the key combinations (leaving the connection plugged in)
    4. reinstall packages, go to advance, reset battery stats,
    5. reboot
    6. wait for it to finish scanning media then unplug.
    7. reboot one more time.

p.s. cheers to TW for this lightning fast rom :)
    sorry to bother you guys. can anyone please help with a functional link for downloading stock T959UVJFD.. need to odin it before upgrading to nero beta 2. all the links on xda so far are broken and been unsuccessful trying to download.

here you go my friend:
    http://www.multiupload.com/IFSJECTS3L

full odin package, comes with pit and ODin ;)
    T959UVJFD