Bluetooth Disappointment

Search This thread

geofffox

Feb 6, 2012
Let me start by saying this is all AFAIK.

When I bought my Transformer Prime my thought was to extend it in two valuable directions through the use of Bluetooth.

First, I wanted to use a standard car type Bluetooth headset with Skype, SipDroid, etc. That would turn the Prime into a decent VOIP device. If there is this kind of functionality built in I can't find it. My Bluetooth headset pairs without problem, but the apps insist on using the tablet's mic and speaker.

Second, I bought a miniature Bluetooth keyboard. The Prime doesn't even see this device though it works perfectly with my iPhone.

I'd be thrilled to be told I'm doing something wrong, but I just don't think this functionality is built into the ICS install. Shame.

chrihuc

Oct 10, 2009
Let me start by saying this is all AFAIK.

When I bought my Transformer Prime my thought was to extend it in two valuable directions through the use of Bluetooth.

First, I wanted to use a standard car type Bluetooth headset with Skype, SipDroid, etc. That would turn the Prime into a decent VOIP device. If there is this kind of functionality built in I can't find it. My Bluetooth headset pairs without problem, but the apps insist on using the tablet's mic and speaker.

Second, I bought a miniature Bluetooth keyboard. The Prime doesn't even see this device though it works perfectly with my iPhone.

I'd be thrilled to be told I'm doing something wrong, but I just don't think this functionality is built into the ICS install. Shame.

Well the problem with Skype is not ICS or the Prime. Its simply Skype.
Skype doesn't use the Bluetooth headset. Its been requested for years to change it, but somehow the guys at Skype can't or just don't want to.

What you can do, is use a Headphone with A2DP, that at least gives you the audio output of Skype to the Phones but it will still use the Primes Mic as audio input.

geofffox

Feb 6, 2012
I came to respond to your post bimbobo.

I am using a Jawbone ICON which is a good, mainstream earpiece. It connects fine. The decision to route the sound to the earpiece happens in the Prime. What have you done I should do?