Stock 2.2.1 Cricket Nandroid Backup Download

Search This thread

sinisin

Jan 3, 2011
Denver
:'(
Xda should support Android Smileys on the Xda app.

Sent from my Zio using XDA Premium App

Spz0

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 23, 2010
If you encounter a md5 sum mismatch, you may need to md5sum the .img files yourself.

MD5 Summer in windows
or
"md5sum <file.img>" command in linux

Once you have your md5 sums, just replace the old ones in "nandroid.md5" with your newly generated ones.

rvance

Jun 17, 2010
Ok, so I got a new phone and I need to put the stock rom back on my Zio m6000 so that I can sell it because it is no longer use to me. I downloaded your stock nandroid back up, now I need to know how to excatly put it to use. I got all the way up to the prompt screen, but now I'm like now what?! Do I need to put anything on the sdcard or what I have no idea. So please if someone can give me a little more details on the operation on how to restore to stock firmware using your nandroid backup would be great. Thanks in advance
Ricardo

Mattix724

Sep 26, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
OnePlus 8
If you just want to restore the M6000 to stock you can always use the updater for Microsoft. You'll need to have the drivers installed and connect via USB, then start the updater. It will reboot the phone into Modem Download Mode and will flash the stock 2.2.1 images.

Sent from my Zio using XDA Premium App

jasew503

Jan 8, 2011
Lake Oswego
Any other way to go back to stock 2.2 on a Cricket Zio?

This doesnt work for me, Ive tried flashing it in Recovery, it started to flash then rebooted. The old rom was still on the device, but the boot-up screen changed back to Cricket. (That was the only thing that changed.)

When I tried to restore this file using Rom Manager (which I hate), it kept giving me an error: "File Name can't contain spaces" or something to that effect.
Tried renaming the file several times, even just naming it "1.zip" made no difference.

All the roms on this forum are just way to slow compared to the stock rom. The only exception being the 2.1.x Rom here (which runs fast.)

Microsoft Activesunc/Windows Mobile Device Center isnt available to me as Im running Windows 7 64-Bit, the Windows 7 "Sync" program in accessories doesnt even recognize the device.

Fastboot into CWM works tho.

I know this phone pretty much sucks, but my daughter loves to play games and youtube on it, thats all we use it for. Some games arent compatible with Android 2.1..

Thanks!

Spz0

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 23, 2010
Any other way to go back to stock 2.2 on a Cricket Zio?

This doesnt work for me, Ive tried flashing it in Recovery, it started to flash then rebooted. The old rom was still on the device, but the boot-up screen changed back to Cricket. (That was the only thing that changed.)

When I tried to restore this file using Rom Manager (which I hate), it kept giving me an error: "File Name can't contain spaces" or something to that effect.
Tried renaming the file several times, even just naming it "1.zip" made no difference.

All the roms on this forum are just way to slow compared to the stock rom. The only exception being the 2.1.x Rom here (which runs fast.)

Microsoft Activesunc/Windows Mobile Device Center isnt available to me as Im running Windows 7 64-Bit, the Windows 7 "Sync" program in accessories doesnt even recognize the device.

Fastboot into CWM works tho.

I know this phone pretty much sucks, but my daughter loves to play games and youtube on it, thats all we use it for. Some games arent compatible with Android 2.1..

Thanks!

Although I havent booted this phone up for years, I still disagree. OpenZio ROM far surpasses the stock ROM in performance, benchmarks and snappiness.

But if you are insistent on returning to stock, try formatting /system in CWM's advanced settings, then flash the backup.

Alternately, you can always run the 2.2.1 update to restore to a completely stock, unrooted system.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=966047

Last edited:

jasew503

Jan 8, 2011
Lake Oswego
Although I havent booted this phone up for years, I still disagree. OpenZio ROM far surpasses the stock ROM in performance, benchmarks and snappiness.

But if you are insistent on returning to stock, try formatting /system in CWM's advanced settings, then flash the backup.

Alternately, you can always run the 2.2.1 update to restore to a completely stock, unrooted system.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=966047

The "2.1.x" rom I was quoting in my previous post was the OpenZio rom, and yes it performs extremely well. Just no App to SD ability, among other limitations. Phone runs great with it however. Every other rom ive tried 2.2.x (except stock) seems to be generally very slow, and slow at recognizing screen input (almost a whole second from touching the screen until it actually recognizing there is a touch, which is hard very work with), and the screen's touch input seems to be uncalibrated somewhat. Ill try "formatting /system" then flashing the backup, but I guess the question I should have originally asked was: Do I flash this zip as I would any other custom rom from the SD? (Install Zip from SD>Select this ZIP). Im not familiar with the ZIO as I use T-Mobile, but I assume since its CW Recovery and it would be the same, right?

How do I perform the mentioned: "run the 2.2.1 update to restore to a completely stock, unrooted system."?
If I go to Settings/About/Update it says I need to be on Wifi, which it is (The phone's not activated). Ive tried doing that with every available rom in the forum.

UPDATE:
Just tried this, however when I choose to install this ZIP from SD, it starts to install, and within a half second goes back to the Recovery main screen.
Nothing changes (Except that I formatted everything)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts