[ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Toroplus - Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - JDQ39E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sub2k1

Oct 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
Re: [ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Toroplus - Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - JDQ39

Ive been experiencing a strange bluetooth issue. The phone doesnt recognize when a paired bt device becomes disconnected. I have a bluetooth enabled car stereo. Everyday i drive to work i play music via pandora. When i exit the car the phone believes it is still connected. This causes a partial wakelock which only goes away if i manually disable bluetooth.

Also is anyone else missing IMEI & MEID information under About Phone > Status?

amf100

Jan 30, 2011

Ive been experiencing a strange bluetooth issue. The phone doesnt recognize when a paired bt device becomes disconnected. I have a bluetooth enabled car stereo. Everyday i drive to work i play music via pandora. When i exit the car the phone believes it is still connected. This causes a partial wakelock which only goes away if i manually disable bluetooth.

Also is anyone else missing IMEI & MEID information under About Phone > Status?

I don't bluetooth much, so I can't attest to that. I did see someone mention similar behavior a few pages back though.

My IMEI & MEID seem to go missing every day. I notice it, but I am able to connect to 3g and 4g, as well as voice. Since everything works I just ignored it. It could be indicative of other things though. I notice my signal consistency/strength fluctuate in a way that it didn't before, but nothing major.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

nighthammer

Oct 27, 2010
Ohio

So, I threw together a mod to expand the lock screen. I wanted this because I use the Digital Clock widget and I like to be able to see my World Clock selections too. PLEASE nandroid backup before. I take NO responsibility if this messes up your phone.

This is my first mod so bare with me. I don't know if this messes with other mods, it does replace the framework-res.apk with a modified one from the stock FV ROM. Modders feel free to let me know if it messes with your mod and I'll note it here.

I will TRY to make versions compatible with other mods, but no promises.

That being said, here it is!

13+-+1

Here You Go! - Here it is!

Edit: After looking at the behavior with the PIN/Pattern pad, it seems to shrink it. So this looks like a solution for slider only, unless you have tiny fingers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running MMuzzy's Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Reactions: Acvice

Acvice

Aug 11, 2011

So, I threw together a mod to expand the lock screen. I wanted this because I use the Digital Clock widget and I like to be able to see my World Clock selections too. PLEASE nandroid backup before. I take NO responsibility if this messes up your phone.

This is my first mod so bare with me. I don't know if this messes with other mods, it does replace the framework-res.apk with a modified one from the stock FV ROM. Modders feel free to let me know if it messes with your mod and I'll note it here.

I will TRY to make versions compatible with other mods, but no promises.

That being said, here it is!

13+-+1

Here You Go! - Here it is!

Edit: After looking at the behavior with the PIN/Pattern pad, it seems to shrink it. So this looks like a solution for slider only, unless you have tiny fingers.

Dude, thanks for this. Also, I live in Miamisburg Ohio. Were like 15 minutes away. Small world.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nighthammer

Oct 27, 2010
Ohio

Dude, thanks for this. Also, I live in Miamisburg Ohio. Were like 15 minutes away. Small world.

No problem. There were a few people in the Toro thread that wanted this so I threw it together.

And I actually live in Miami Township so I'm right down the road. Small world!

BlackJou

Aug 20, 2012
Anyone using another kenel on this rom besides the one that comes with? and if you are which one is it and how's performance and battery life so far? thanks in advance

bluefalcon13

Jan 28, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO

I had the same issue with AK's kernel. Though the charging indicator would occasionally flake out, I noticed that the device was still charging.

I did come across a new issue, though. It appears that NFC is not working. I don't know if it is ROM related, or if it is an issue that will be found with all of the Toroplus 4.2.2 ports. I haven't been able to test with tags or beam yet, but NFC through Google Wallet is definitely not working on my device (it was on Febby's 4.2.1 stock+root).

Worked fine for me at CVS earlier... Wallet works fine for me at least.

Last edited:

BigJohn89

Mar 20, 2009
Worked fine for me at CVS earlier... Wallet works fine for me at least.

Thank you very much, I'm happy to say that the problem was totally on my end (facepalm), and not ROM-related. Apparently the replacement battery I bought has a defective NFC antenna in it. I didn't think anything about it, or the fact that I had swapped out batteries a couple of days before flashing this ROM. Swapping them back out got NFC working again.

Guess I'm going to make a trip to Sprint later...

Either way, thanks for the help!!

bigmoneygrip23

May 10, 2011
St. Louis

Haven't tried wallet yet, but everything else seems flawless for me on the latest fv build. GPS locks real fast! (Just make sure to update profile and prl after flashing)

Stellar work, muzzy!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

koolkid09

May 16, 2010

Is it safe to flash from the latest vanilla 4.2.1 ROM to the Vanilla 4.2.2 ROM with only clearing the Cache and Dalvik?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't read the OP.

Last edited:

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010

Stupid question.. Sorry :( but there's over 2000 post here and searching from mobile app sucks and I'm at work. But is it safe to dirty flash French vanilla over vanilla?

Sent from my Optimus G

Acvice

Aug 11, 2011

Is it safe to flash from the latest vanilla 4.2.1 ROM to the Vanilla 4.2.2 ROM with only clearing the Cache and Dalvik?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't read the OP.

Never dirty flash to a new android version. That's just asking for problems.

Sergio337

Jul 24, 2012
Volume Mod

What happened to the Volume mod? Is there a link? Does it work with the latest version of this ROM? I miss the 'smooth' scrolling of the volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP Jelly Bean 4.2.2 hot off the AOSP servers. This ROM is pure AOSP. The only files that were changed or added were to make things fully functional as intended. Thanks to everyone for the kind words, technical help, suggestions, and for using the ROM!

This ROM is closely related to builds I make for Toro, Mako, Manta and Grouper.

----------------

Features Include:
    - Root with Superuser
    - Expanded Desktop (CM)
    - T9 Dialing (Paranoid Android)
    - Emergency Broadcast Settings Menu
    - Volume fix (Peter Alfonso)
    - Stock kernel compiled w/ compass fix
    - Quick Toggles MOD (kevdliu)
    - Enhanced Power Menu (Craig Gomez)
    - Stock, lean, and fast

----------------
    Download Menu:

French Vanilla (Enhanced ROM)
    MOD'ed with Quick Settings and Enhanced Power Menu MODs, etc.
    ROM - Download - 7/13/13

Vanilla (Stock AOSP)
    Stock AOSP. This is provided for those who don't like MODs. AOSP MODs will work though.
    ROM - Download - 7/13/13

GAPPs - Download

Mike1986's Superwipe script (automates pre clean flash steps) - http://www.mediafire.com/?lxpw84fwtm5cj6w
    MMuzzy Folder on Goo.im

Directions (Clean Flash)
    1. Wipe factory data/reset
    2. Wipe cache
    3. Go into mounts and storage
    4. Format /system
    5. Format /data
    6. Format /cache
    7. Wipe dalvik
    8. Flash ROM
    9. Flash GAPPs

Directions (Dirty Flash)
    1. Wipe cache
    2. Wipe dalvik
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Flash GAPPs

----------------
    Tips:
    - Turn off Currents background sync in 4.2 to help with some lag
    - If you get a status 7 error flashing a ROM, try making sure SYSTEM is unmounted in 'mount/unmount partitions' menu in recovery.
    - GPS issues, various radio issues on the Toroplus have been cleared by trying prl/profile updates and reflashing the radio.

----------------
    Changelog:

July 13, 2013
    - Security patched Vanilla ROM uploaded

July 13, 2013
    - Patch for Bug: 8219321
    - Patch for Bug: 9695860
    Note: This is a security update to patch the master key and unsigned zip issues in AOSP.

April 21, 2013
    - Updated Vanilla - JDQ39E

April 20, 2013
    - Merged with android-4.2.2_r1.2 (JDQ39E)
    - Updated Superuser
    - Incoming Call black block area reduced
    - Update for T9 Dialer

March 15, 2013
    - Updated Quick Settings Tile MOD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1999125)
    - Fixed Korean language dialpad
    - init.d support

March 6, 2013
    - Fixed Tethering

March 1, 2013
    - Merged new JDQ39 posted binaries
    - Merged AOSP JDQ39 device files
    - T9 dialer restored to ROM
    - removed AOSP calendar
    - Koush Superuser added (open source Superuser)
    NOTE: If attempting to dirty flash, be sure to uninstall SuperSU. This can be done within the APP.

February 20, 2013
    - Vanilla ROM updated to 4.2.2 JDQ39 w/ Radio Fix (BRD)
    - 12:30pm eastern - new Vanilla ROM with fixed HiddenMenu.apk
    - 2:30pm eastern - new FV with fixed HiddenMenu.apk and T9 Dialer

February 17, 2013
    - Merged 4.2.2 JDQ39
    - Fixed Quick Settings MOD to work with 4.2.2
    - Added in necessary binaries for 4.2.2 kernel (thanks Tiny)
    - Compiled stock 4.2.2 kernel from AOSP source
    Note: 4.2.2 kernels should work fine with this release as it's currently running with one I compiled.

February 2, 2013
    - Merged/Updated to JOP40G source
    - Included kernel compiled from Samsung source
    - FV and V versions updated

January 21, 2013
    - Binaries extracted from Sprint 4.2.1 OTA

January 11, 2013
    - Fixed Pano Camera Mode (fv)
    - Added all Nexus 4 system soundclips (fv)
    - Changed default system sounds (fv)

December 30, 2012
    - working T9 dialing
    - removed GAPPs

----------------
    Add-Ons (Date given if release dependant)

Stock Email/Exchange Apps Flashable (4/23/13) - Download

T9 Dialer for 4.2.2 (not needed 2/20 and newer): Download

Stock 4.2.2/JDQ39 Kernel - Download

MMuzzy ROM Wallpaper! (KidDynamite) - http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/06/u7ebygy3.jpg

GPS Fix for JOP40D (just in case) - http://tinyw.in/9l0W
    ----------------

Thanks to: Bigrushdog, Cyanogenmod, TeamEOS, ÜBER, Acvice, dakota.breeden, Zeinzu, FrostyF7, blame2, darkierawr, scarmon25, shabbypenguin, hoang81, and everyone else.

----------------
    Sprint Diagnostic App http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1774503
    ROM/kernel source found here: https://android.googlesource.com/device/samsung/toro
    Compass fix patch to kernel: http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/17105/
    MMuzzyROM Vanilla 4.3 Test.

OK. Here's another one to try. I really think this will work now. BigRushDog updated his radio fix for 4.3 and was gracious enough to share it with us. I also want to thank riggsandroid for contacting me with the info. And thanks to all of you suckers brave souls willing to give it another try. ;)

1. Flash ROM
    2. Flash GAPPs
    3. Flash SuperSU

4.3 Vanilla ROM: http://d-h.st/Hzj
    Test 4.3 GAPPs by Banks: http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/GApps 4.3
    SuperSU 1.51: http://download.chainfire.eu/345/Sup...erSU-v1.51.zip
    After much further research and talking with toastcfh, It appears toroplus will need a custom ril class to properly handle 3g/4g handoff. Many cdma lte devices have required this in the past, but now toroplus will need it too. I'm a little burnt out on this thing, especially from working on a deactivated phone lol. In a few days I'll begin working on the new needed class. I don't know if toro needs this too. This is one occasion where I hope somebody writes it before I do ugh.
    Nah, the radio issue isn't "that" deep lol. I should have it fixed in a bit. Easy Peasy. Common guys! And i got kicked off Sprint for too much roaming! I'm on tmo now.
    Guys, stop chasing your tails! Wipe till your blue in the face, won't fix it. I'll have toroplus up on codefireX tonight. Mmuzzy knows he can "peek" :p