Root method

Search This thread

Illenc

Sep 14, 2011
I really would have posted this much sooner, however, this particular method was being kept secret with the intention of the exploit still being available upon US Jelly Bean release. Since this has been outed, and is now public, i will share a more proper script of the same method. I actually kept the adb shell id command, as it is pretty useful for this operation.

Main differences in my script is that you don't need to ever disconnect your phone.

1. Unzip the zip file
2. Make sure USB Debugging is on, and your are in Charge only Mode
3. Run the CurrentRoot.bat, wait for the prompt
4. Change to MTP mode.
5. Wait for your computer to ask how to view files.
6. Press enter in the CMD prompt to continue.
7. Done.

This is a fully working method for the most current US/Canadian releases, and Jelly Bean releases. BTW, the current release does not install busybox correctly, includes SuperuserPro.apk (which I'm sure wasn't purchased by everyone downloading this). Also I have updated it to the latest busybox, su binary's, and Superuser.apk available.

not working for my Optimus g e975

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
I have e975 and it works.make sure you followed all steps before saying not working.

Sent from LG E975 pwd by CM 10.1

Illenc

Sep 14, 2011
I have e975 and it works.make sure you followed all steps before saying not working.

Believe me, I tried a couple of times, reinstalled the drivers on the computer again. I get always the two errors about SU and ??BOX. I retry later anyway

Last edited:

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
What usb ports are you using?frontal or rear?please use rear usb,not front.

Illenc

Sep 14, 2011
See if you can detect the phone on adb

I finally managed with the ZV9-JB-Root and changing one of the lines as suggested in the forum.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

hi, i tried the CurrentRoot.bat and followed the instructions but couldn't root. it said phone now rooted and restarted the phone but there was no superuser after that

i saved a screenshot of it incase anyone can figure out whats wrong. just got the phone yesterday.... Best phone i've ever used.(from starhub singapore if it helps)

i think its because of the uid and gid not being zero. any ideas??

try this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41063153#post41063153

and make sure you do this to the currentroot.bat. It worked for my e975 10B EUR:
Copy this line
adb shell "echo -en \\x0d > /sdcard/G_security"
And overwrite this line.
adb shell touch /sdcard/G_security
in the batch file CurrentRoot.bat

If you get a adbwinApi.dll error, do not go to the option "run as administrator"

Reactions: rimsilva

Melvin|

Sep 22, 2010
Worked for my Optimus G E975 V10b EUR, but it's now nagging me about updating to V10d.
Will this update **** up my current rooting, and if so, will this method work to reroot if I update?

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
I finally managed with the ZV9-JB-Root and changing one of the lines as suggested in the forum.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

and make sure you do this to the currentroot.bat. It worked for my e975 10B EUR:
Copy this line
And overwrite this line.

If you get a adbwinApi.dll error, do not go to the option "run as administrator"

Great! with this change it worked like a charm!

ndmc

Jan 3, 2007

Copy this line
And overwrite this line.

This trick work for me too.
Thanks a lot bro

qryche

May 31, 2013
I can´t root my E97510E

I have bought a F180L and flashed with E97510E portuguese kdz. But I need to root to install the original F180L baseband because I can´t have any network signal...
I already done everything...
Changed the line above in the bat file...

And overwrite this line.

I already tried to use different usb ports. But can´t root it. It gives allways the same errors...
I already tried motochopper and it gave successfully rooted but as far I can see I don´t see it rooted.

I need help rooting and how can I confirm if the phone is rooted as motochopper says? And do I need to root to install the original f180L baseband?
THANKS FOR THE HELP

pv2008

Apr 26, 2011
There is an app called 'root checker basic' in playstore that you can try.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

scottlohr

Mar 27, 2013
aalborg
dont work

i tryed it yet it dose not root my lg

I really would have posted this much sooner, however, this particular method was being kept secret with the intention of the exploit still being available upon US Jelly Bean release. Since this has been outed, and is now public, i will share a more proper script of the same method. I actually kept the adb shell id command, as it is pretty useful for this operation.

Main differences in my script is that you don't need to ever disconnect your phone.

1. Unzip the zip file
4. Change to MTP mode.
7. Done.

This is a fully working method for the most current US/Canadian releases, and Jelly Bean releases. BTW, the current release does not install busybox correctly, includes SuperuserPro.apk (which I'm sure wasn't purchased by everyone downloading this). Also I have updated it to the latest busybox, su binary's, and Superuser.apk available.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think i saw someone post this method before, but can't find it. So i post root method. Currently this method work on the latest Canadian OG firmware (Both E971 and E973). i did not make this method, i just find it from a chinese web. Here is the link
    http://bbs.gfan.com/android-5698914-1-1.html

Here is the instruction.

1. Unzip the zip file
    2. turn on usb debug and plug in the cable to pc
    3. double click the root.bat
    4. unplug the cable.
    5. Turn off the usb debug
    6. turn on the usb debug
    7. plug in the cable.
    8. Press enter until it root.
    9. Done.

1. Unzip the zip file
    4. Change to MTP mode.
    7. Done.

I think i saw someone post this method before, but can't find it. So i post root method. Currently this method work on the latest Canadian OG firmware (Both E971 and E973). i did not make this method, i just find it from a chinese web. Here is the link
    http://bbs.gfan.com/android-5698914-1-1.html

Here is the instruction.

1. Unzip the zip file
    2. turn on usb debug and plug in the cable to pc
    3. double click the root.bat
    4. unplug the cable.
    5. Turn off the usb debug
    6. turn on the usb debug
    7. plug in the cable.
    8. Press enter until it root.
    9. Done.
    Do you, or anyone, know if freegee will work on latest firmware if rooted using this method?

Thanks

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

I just tried FreeGee and its a no go.
    confirmed working on LG E975 Singapore version
    See if you can detect the phone on adb

hi, i tried the CurrentRoot.bat and followed the instructions but couldn't root. it said phone now rooted and restarted the phone but there was no superuser after that

i saved a screenshot of it incase anyone can figure out whats wrong. just got the phone yesterday.... Best phone i've ever used.(from starhub singapore if it helps)

i think its because of the uid and gid not being zero. any ideas??

Copy this line
    And overwrite this line.