CM11 Fail to Update/ Install

Search This thread
Oct 24, 2013
Hello, for some reason I can not get CM11 nightly to install.

I have both the Verizon, and the AT&T variants of this phone.

Verizon phone has cm11 already installed but I haven't been able to update to the latest nightlies since april.

The at&t one has stock sense on it, but also will not install the 20140705 nightly.

Keeps saying that there is an error in the nightly zip:

(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

I've searched through Google for the past day and there is no clear answer.

The phones are s-off (rumrunner), unlocked, and rooted.

I am wondering if I need to update firmware/ baseband/ radio/ hboot or anything...

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
Probably better suited for the dev of the software your trying to install to get a solution or answers quicker

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hello, for some reason I can not get CM11 nightly to install.

I have both the Verizon, and the AT&T variants of this phone.

Verizon phone has cm11 already installed but I haven't been able to update to the latest nightlies since april.

The at&t one has stock sense on it, but also will not install the 20140705 nightly.

Keeps saying that there is an error in the nightly zip:

(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

since 2014-05-01 (nightly 20140501) you need twrp 2.7.1.1 to flash CM or the unofficial twrp 2.7.0.8 because of the new fstab partition layout. this was announced on the CM blog.

edit: here is the info from CM
Recovery Update

Beginning with nightly 20140501 (or milestone 7, if you prefer the stable channel), several HTC devices are being transitioned to a new fstab layout. This will not affect your data. This change requires kernel support in recovery for CyanogenMod packages to install.
Affected devices include:

• evita - HTC One XL
  • fireball - HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE
  • jewel - HTC EVO 4G LTE
  • m4 - HTC One Mini
  • m7 - HTC One [GSM]
  • m7spr - HTC One [Sprint]
  • m7vzw - HTC One [Verizon]
  • ville - HTC One S

A note to jewel and ville users: This is not the /data/media transition. That change is still being ruled out because there is simply no migration path that preserves data.
All of these recoveries are backwards compatible.
ClockworkMod 6.0.4.8 recoveries have been built to support this change for the above devices. HTC One (AT&T), HTC One (T-Mobile), and HTC One (non-US GSM) can safely use the recovery entitled "HTC One". Note: version 6.0.4.8 for m4 may have been built before by-name support was added to the kernel. The twrp build below definitely does have the necessary support, though.
Unofficial TWRP recoveries have also been generated for these devices. Version 2.7.0.8 has been used sucessfully by thousands of users. As of June 6, version 2.7.1.0a is also available, but has not been as widely tested. You'll find source code linked on all of those pages. Encourage your favorite recovery maintainer to incorporate "block: by-name" support into their recovery kernels! If there is something drastically wrong with any of these recoveries, please leave a note on this wiki's discussion page. If a recovery works well for you, you are welcome to share it.
Update: As of June 9, 2014, the official TWRP 2.7.1.0 images for evita, fireball, jewel, and ville should contain the necessary support for the fstab changes. m4, m7, m7spr (m7wls), and m7vzw (m7wlv) received a minor version bump to 2.7.1.1 and should now also support this change.

Last edited: