[UPDATED - 2008.12.31: Tomal v8.5] WM6.1 Pro CE OS 20764

Search This thread

billyJAM

Jun 1, 2007
Cape-Town
All day event notification's bug

Hi Tomal!

I understand these ROMs are probably ported from the Diamond or Touch HD. I know this, v8.5 is perfect for me my favourite ROM ever. However, i did notice i bug that comes from the official HTC ROMs of the Diamond/Pro/HD.

For all day event notifications, such as birthdays in Outlook, the notification bubble will pop up but won't sound the reminder or trigger the vibrate. Only the screen message pops up. Everything else works fine. If you made the same appointment without setting it to all day event, the alarm will trigger properly. That's the only minor gripe, but it's from the HTC ROMs.

Have you fixed this bug in your later ROMs? Anyone experienced something similar?

antonny

Oct 3, 2008
CID Lock ??? Side Effect ???

Hi, guys... I'm just curious...
When I do DOC Format, Task 32 and Task 28 55aa, after Task 32, it reply Level = FF.... Later then I know that My Universal is not super CID (or maybe CID still lock)...
my question is I have use RUU tools to upgrade my Radio ROM and WinCE ROM, and everything is doing just fine... (After boot it show Radio 1.15, and ROM Tomal 8.5.) And my Universal do just great....
Is this ok? I mean, is there any side effect with Device not superCID to be upgraded?
Thx a lot guys for the replay...
So far Tomal 8.5 is the best and the top for all aplication to be run well, especially for my DOSBox programs :p
Sorry for my bad english... :eek:

tomal

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2006
Dhaka
I use a CID free RUU so may not notice anything during upgrade. But sporadic lockup may occure...

antonny

Oct 3, 2008
Thx, a lot Master Tomal.

Thx, a lot Master Tomal. :)
So My Universal will have sporadic lockup.
But base on my experience I have a sporadic lockup if I don't do DOC Format before flash the new ROM. I run mtty do task 32 and 28 55aa, and then Use RUU tools to upgrade my Radio and WinCE ROM.
If I don't do DOC Format, somehow My Universal almost every day get lockup or other strange behaviour.
So for me, the DOC Format is a must. But i must loose my O2 logo because of this :(. But it worth it a lot :)
I'll try to do research on this. I'll try to use My Universal without restart the device... Let say 1 week or more or until it lockup. (usually I restart my device every day, cause base my experience the Windows OS need restart everyday cause it can't really remove the program that have already used... (to make the program run faster, but if we don't need it, it can cause lack of memory or error..).
Thx again, Master Tomal. I really do Like every of Ur ROM start from Ranju 7.7. It's really a Honer I can try and use Your Great Rom. Every version of Your ROM is great. For me, I choose the 8.5 is the most stable, suitable, and battery optimized for my 64Mb G4 Universal... and can run DosBox smoothly.. :)

Final5k

Aug 5, 2009
Thanks Tomal - this is a very nice rom!! I've noticed that there are cities which are not available on weather.com/weather.yahoo.com - can we change the weather server to www.accuweather.com which has a larger cities database for example? If yes, can you provide with some instructions please? Thank you.

pgomes

Aug 15, 2005
Hello to all people in this fantastic forum

This is my first post, i have been here for some time reading and reading and i finaly decided to buy a m5000.
Was my dream machine for years but expensive at the time now i have 2, a G4 and a G3, I bought on ebay.
A special thank to Master Tomal, and all the people here, i will try to participate too. (sorry for my bad english)

On some of my tests w roms from master Tomal, i Think the 8.5 and the 8.2, fast and stable. i wil test soon the 8.7
I am testing the radios 1.15 and 1.17 w them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a problem w Rom 8.5 radio (1.17 or 1.15, or any radio), when i turn on ie or opera they start to open and then close, so i do a soft reset and all works fine for some time until the same happen.

did anyone notice this ? and have any idea why it can happen?

Thank you all

PG

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce

This is my first post, i have been here for some time reading and reading and i finaly decided to buy a m5000.
Was my dream machine for years but expensive at the time now i have 2, a G4 and a G3, I bought on ebay.
A special thank to Master Tomal, and all the people here, i will try to participate too. (sorry for my bad english)

On some of my tests w roms from master Tomal, i Think the 8.5 and the 8.2, fast and stable. i wil test soon the 8.7
I am testing the radios 1.15 and 1.17 w them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a problem w Rom 8.5 radio (1.17 or 1.15, or any radio), when i turn on ie or opera they start to open and then close, so i do a soft reset and all works fine for some time until the same happen.

did anyone notice this ? and have any idea why it can happen?

Thank you all

PG

Welcome to forums

Perhaps your RAM is not enough to run that apps, try uninstalling some stuff and try again.
8.5 is a very good stable ROM, I used in combination with radio 1.18.

Read, Search, Respect and Enjoy!

Last edited:

Shad()w

Jun 17, 2009
Sorry for my english, I have one question.
How HTC Universal with this ROM know that the wired headset/handsfree is plugged? Registry value HKLM\System\State\Hardware\Handsfree not change

samuelg

Nov 17, 2009
Weather location ?

How can i change the location of the weather widget on this ?

sorry for the stupid question

g22g

Dec 4, 2009
"Uptodate" medical software not working on Tomal 8.5 = white screen instead of text

Hello,

This is my first post. The medical software Uptodate is very important to me. It worked on previous 6.1 upgrade with non-Tomal for the universal but not for the 8.5 (which is really cool, stable,fast, btw). I have completely started from scratch with loading and unloading and spoke with the Uptodate people without success.

Is anyone else having a similar problem with this or another software? Is there a default that I can change?

Thank you for your time,
g22g

Final5k

Aug 5, 2009
hi,
is there a way to enable the context menu where there is the options copy/cut/paste/delete menu that pops up when you click & hold the stylus in the empty space when filling the connection/contacts/registry settings because this option is lacking in both versions of v8.5.

Last edited:

madjad

Jun 13, 2009
bluetoth com port

Hi
for some strange reason the option "incoming com port" in the blue-tooth setting on my jasjar has disappeared. i was wondering if anyone else faced the same problem or if there is a way around it.
because of this the previously paired devices are working fine but the new devices are unable to search the serial/com port facility on my uni.
i have tried resetting but still no luck.
any suggestions?

also i would really appreciate if someone could give me a solution for reading arabic and other such languages on uni.
(btw i am using this particular ROM i.e.TML 8.5)

sakej

Jan 24, 2010
Poznań
The requested URL /xda/Uni/ROMs/Tomal/TML_v85_WM61_20764_ST.exe does not exist.
links are dead please update ;)

Last edited:

Chosen_One

Jun 28, 2008
I get a CRC-error with the special-archive (standard working fine). Could you check the ROM and reupload it again?