fixing sensitivity after ASF removal

Search This thread

dehenry21988

Aug 5, 2010
Has anybody removed their ASF and not had sensitivity issues/or fixed them? I had to remove mine due to a scratch in the ASF, and the sensitivity is completely borked. Itll work fine for a minute, then start skipping like mad. Ill toggle the screen and itll be worse, toggle again and go back to normal for a bit. Have tried turtle wax liquid ice, fusso oleophobic coating, and two different screen protectors. None fix the issue. It seems to get worse in sun light, and seems to be screwy almost every second time i toggle the screen. Im so fed up with this POS im about to powerslam the damn thing on some concrete...

Jiyeon90

Nov 8, 2012
I'm thinking about removing the asf, does this mean I will get touch issues?

Sent from my Xperia Z1

idoluvizsick

Apr 28, 2012
same here... issues started once i removed asf and im pretty sure it's because of the oils from the fingers because when my hands are dry nothing like this happens... i can somehow make the problem less noticable when applying a tempered glass screen protector but it's still not perfect..

Reactions: adryanodej

adryanodej

Jun 3, 2013
Dej, Cluj-Napoca
hy again .. I think i made a fix for those who has removed their ASF from xperia z1 ..
I will test one more day and if it works fine tomorow i`l share with you guys ..
Im` on day 2 of testing, So far no problem with touchscreen.. i tested even with oil on my fingers and works awesome ..
i have to mention i`m on 4.4.2 with advanced stock kernel ..
so tomorow if everithing works fine i`l post the steps how to fix touch sensitivity ..
Sorry for my poor english .. See ya`

kingchristy123

Nov 18, 2013
hy again .. I think i made a fix for those who has removed their ASF from xperia z1 ..
I will test one more day and if it works fine tomorow i`l share with you guys ..
Im` on day 2 of testing, So far no problem with touchscreen.. i tested even with oil on my fingers and works awesome ..
i have to mention i`m on 4.4.2 with advanced stock kernel ..
so tomorow if everithing works fine i`l post the steps how to fix touch sensitivity ..
Sorry for my poor english .. See ya`

any more testing done and a fix in place for this? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    same here... issues started once i removed asf and im pretty sure it's because of the oils from the fingers because when my hands are dry nothing like this happens... i can somehow make the problem less noticable when applying a tempered glass screen protector but it's still not perfect..