Bionic possibly getting JB

230 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By jpeckinp, Senior Member on 5th September 2012, 07:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th September 2012, 10:01 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
When I had the ICS leak installed, flash did not work nor was it found on the market, not even under my apps. Saying it works on other devices doesn't mean it will work on the bionic. Flash works on ics with some devices and doesn't work on others. It works on some people's bionic with ICS but doesn't work for other people.
By the way, I did sideload flash and it still didn't work. Comparing what you can do on other devices and what you can do with the bionic isn't a fair comparison because its not the same ics. Each manufacturer modifies it to their liking so its different.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

7th September 2012, 11:46 PM |#22  
Flag Charleston, SC
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedkill

When I had the ICS leak installed, flash did not work nor was it found on the market, not even under my apps. Saying it works on other devices doesn't mean it will work on the bionic. Flash works on ics with some devices and doesn't work on others. It works on some people's bionic with ICS but doesn't work for other people.
By the way, I did sideload flash and it still didn't work. Comparing what you can do on other devices and what you can do with the bionic isn't a fair comparison because its not the same ics. Each manufacturer modifies it to their liking so its different.

ive never heard of flash not working on ICS for anyone until now, especially since it was still supported through 4.0.4. that's weird.
8th September 2012, 12:00 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsOrangeandBlue

ive never heard of flash not working on ICS for anyone until now, especially since it was still supported through 4.0.4. that's weird.

It doesn't work properly for most people with the ics leak on the bionic.

8th September 2012, 12:05 AM |#24  
Flag los angeles
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Flash works fine for me on ics leaks from 2231 - 238 but for some reason after i install 242 and tried side loading flash , restore flash with tibu it not working fully on stock and dolphin hd browser
Each time i try to go fullscreen the browser will fc
8th September 2012, 12:34 AM |#25  

More
From my readings, I think its hit or miss if flash will work on the ics leaks for the bionic. But I've been an Android owner for 3 years so its really not much of a surprise. I'm disappointed that it didn't work for me and will stay with gingerbread until justin.tv and other video sites are compatible on android. While there is a lot of hype around html5, I've found that many video sites plan on staying with flash. Flash will never be obsolete until the video sites stop using it, along with other sites that are built with flash (in my case, it's my college's class webpages that are built on flash). This is something that is still years away, if ever. Adobe really needs to reconsider mobile flash or at least open source it for others to build on. I hope someone finds a way to have flash working in the years to come because many companies are brainwashed by apple and still only releasing iPhone apps.

11th September 2012, 04:01 AM |#26  
Flag Dallas TX
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Currently running Jelly Bean on my Kindle Fire running as a Galaxy Nexus for compatibility with Adobe Flash 11, it can be found on the internet if you look for it. Solid, fast. Chose not to mod my smart phone, rather use the 7 inch screen for books, documents, files. My son, at USC has the same setup and loves it for his assignments, books he can get as ebooks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
11th September 2012, 04:38 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 2,220

More
Flash is supposedly the reason that 242 is rejected as the ota. Now we have 244 and flash still doesn't work right. It doesn't on any of the moto/vzw ics phones. Razr, d4, both have the same problems but vzw seems hell bent on not allowing the bionic to go ota til it's fixed. I'm not sure that's a realistic goal unless adobe steps in to offer a patch. Until we get ics we can forget about jb. Sigh.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
11th September 2012, 10:45 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I'm running JB (Team EOS) on my Xoom and look forward to having it on my Bionic.

I sideloaded Flash and it works with the AOSP browser, but Dolphin (even the Beta) won't allow you to enable Flash. The work-around in Dolphin is changing the user agent to iPad, which causes many websites to deliver an HTML5 version.

My biggest use of streaming video is MotoGP.com to watch world championship motorcycle road racing (subscription service). The HTML5 version doesn't have some of the cool features of the Flash version -- like showing markers in the progress bar for crashes, and changes in the lead -- but the video itself seems much smoother and reliable.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
11th September 2012, 04:35 PM |#29  

More
Why are we talking about other devices on a bionic forum?

11th September 2012, 04:40 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 2,220

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedkill

Why are we talking about other devices on a bionic forum?

I mentioned the RAZR and D4 simply because their ICS nightmares are what's prompting VZW to hold back the Bionic OTA. Their ICS builds don't work with flash, either, and apparently VZW has gotten numerous complaints and will therefore not sign off on the Bionic OTA until it's fixed. Which I believe can't be done without Adobe's involvement which is about as likely as all of us getting a free phone from Moto...
11th September 2012, 04:48 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
And Adobe has already said further work on Flash for mobile devices is dead. I don't understand the issue? Tell everyone that native support for Flash is gone on ICS-upgraded devices. If you want to keep Flash, stay on GB.

Personally, I like Flash support on my phone, but at this rate I'll be out of contract and on to another device before we get ICS.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)