Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10
Post Reply Email Thread
I went through from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2, no problems, phone ran fine after update. Then went to 4.3, same thing. The phone was running fine so I booted back into recovery and removed Knox as well as manually rerooted by flashing SuperSU. Rebooted after that and still no problems, phone was running great. I then make a backup so I have a restore point of stock 4.3, rooted, and without Knox. I then go on and try to flash Dandroid and get a status 7 error and the phone was acting up after I rebooted.

At this point I go back to my backup and simply restore it and reboot again. The phone boots up, so that's a good thing. The problem is the GApps will not run and it continuously has a pop-up notification. The phone is rendered unusable like this. I got lucky once and was able to try and launch ROM Manager to see if fixing permissions would work, but it also closed. I tried flashing a 4.3 GApps package with no success and even tried reflashing the 4.3 update but got a status 6 error.

I'm at a loss here, does anyone have any ideas on this?
3rd March 2014, 03:36 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
Not sure if this will help much, but even when plugged in via USB my computer will not recognize the device. The S3 states that it is connected and it does show up in Device Manager, it just won't show up as any kind of readable memory.

Trying to ADB sideload a rooted stock 4.3 ROM now. Any advice at all would be a help.

EDIT: I took a video ( of the problem so everyone can see what I'm talking about and I also found a fix.

I'm not sure what was causing it, but after a solid day of researching it online the closest thing I got was resetting app preferences and also trying to clear any data of Google apps. This seemed to sometimes slow the popups down for me or create a longer gap before they just came right back in full force. So, going off that small success I had managed to navigate my way over to Settings -> Accounts -> Backup and reset -> Factory data reset and ran that. The first boot after that took a very long time, I'd say a solid twenty minutes but it did work. No more error and everything has been going smooth for me since. A restore of apps with Titanium Backup also did not bring the problem back up again, so the device seems to be good as new again.

I apologize if any of these is out of line, I just thought I would follow up with a solution in case anyone else has this problem and can't seem to fix it. Maybe this will help them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes