So i bought a sony xperia SL on ebay in used condition and i tried to update my phone but an error message appeared saying the device had been modified and cannot update...so i figured the phone was rooted....so now i want to unroot...can someone please help??
If it is just only rooting, you can update your phone just fine. You will encounter the error if your bootloader had been unlocked. You can check your bootloader status by typing in dialer *#*#7378423#*#* a window should be prompt out. Go for software info>configuration. Look at the last one, if is saying bootloader unlock allowed: yes, then your phone bootloader is locked. If it is showing bootloader unlocked: yes, then your phone bootloader is unlocked. You can use flashtool to flash back original ftf to unroot. If you wan to relock bootloader, there is a thread in this forum. You can search for it
ok so i did what you said and it says "Bootloader unlocked: Yes" now i am completely new to all of this so i have no idea what im doing im just following steps..all i want to do is to update my phone to the latest version.. in order to achieve that all i need to do is use the flashtool on my pc? i have windows 8.1 will that affect any of the process? and how do i use the flashtool btw...im sorry im being such a pain in the a** .
For windows 8.1, you will need to use another method to install the necessary drivers for your computer to detect the devices in flashmode and fastboot mode. I dont know it is working or not because i dont own windows 8.1 computer
First of all, the files you will need to proceed next step
1. flashtool. you can download it in offical website http://www.flashtool.net/download.php
2. original ftf file of xperia sl (credits to ska67) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2423025 Just download all parts and extract it together to get the whole ftf file
3. usb cable
If you prepared those files, lets get started
1. install the flashtool(this is necessary because we need it flash the ftf)
2. copy the ftf file to firmwares folder (flashtool>firmwares)
3. for the drivers, the setup.exe is located in flashtool folder (flashtool>drivers>setup.exe). AFAIK, you cannot install the drivers directly in windows 8.1, you will encounter error messages while installing
To successfully run the drivers installation, you need to follow these steps
1. Update your windows 8.1, the files can be download in this website http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2917929
2. Once you are done, follow this tutorial(credits to neroyoung) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095087
3. If you follow the steps correctly, now you should be able to install the drivers without getting error
4. Install the drivers(i already told you the file location at above)
5. Remember when you start the installation, check the box of the flashmode and fastboot drivers and install
6. Once the installation done, restart your computer
7. After this, now your computer should be ready for the flashtool to work
Now, this part is for the ftf installation
1. Power off your phone (just leave it beside, we need it afterwards)
2. Run the flashtool
3. Click the thunder icon (choose flashmode and click OK)
4. A window will prompt out, click the firmware of your device, i assume that you have placed the ftf file inside the firmware folder(it should be named as LT26ii xperia SL, the version will be 6.2.B.1.96)
5. For the options beside it, just leave it there (for the misc section, check the box named with no final verification)
6. Now, you can click the flash button(you need to wait for awhile before a window prompt out
7. A window should be prompt out telling you to connect your device to the computer.
8. Take your phone, press and hold the volume down key
9. Keep it pressed, connect the usb cable to your pc
10. release the key once GREEN LED lights up
11. Now the flashtool will start flashing, let it finish to 100%
12. In the meantime, DO NOT UNPLUG OR PLAY WITH YOUR PHONE BEFORE IT REACHES 100%, YOU WILL RISK BRICKING YOUR PHONE IF THE INSTALLATION WENT FAILURE
13. Once it reaches 100%, it should tell you to disconnect your phone and power on
14. the first boot will take a few minutes so patiently wait for it
15. once its done, have fun with your phone
PS: Follow the steps and be careful, I am not responsible if you brick your phone, burn your house or blow your PC by following this guide.
As i just say from the start, i do not own a windows 8.1 computer and i cannot confirm this tutorial is working or not
WOOOOOOOOOOW GREAT WORK MY FRIEND!!!!!!
it worked perfectly! i have no experience at all in extracting files and following stuff like this...this worked 100% no errors no nothing! my Xperia SL LT26ii is now updated and running faster than ever before!
i am extremely grateful for your help man seriously.. but i can honestly say i was 100% confident following your steps as soon as i realized you knew i needed to update my PC before it even told me. hahaha!
great work. thanks a lot the steps you provided work 100% i approve this!
also i learned a lot from following your steps! again thanks!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|