I have decided to move this information over to a Q&A thread so we don't bung up CROMBI thread with this. It seems that there is something that is not letting ME301 users install and run the latest 4.4.3 version of CROMBI and of course we are hoping to do something about that.
I will post a few test zips to try and see if they can allow you to boot on to CROMBI.
As the users who are testing this out there are a few things that I ask of you when troubleshooting:
- When installing CROMBI, please make sure you do a factory reset wipe in TWRP and also wipe cache and dalvik cache
- Please do not choose any options in the installer for running data2sd, rom2sd or f2fs. If you have f2fs on your internal /data I could possibly make up a test for that. I am going to stick to EXT4 for now.
- Make sure you choose ME301 in the installer, and choose do not install a kernel
- Flash one of the test zips provided below once you finish installing CROMBI and before you reboot your tablet
- If it fails to boot, please indicate whether it boot loops at black Asus logo screen or at the bootanimation
- If it is bootlooping at the bootanimation, then please send me a logcat as well as a last_kmsg and attach it to this thread. If you do not know how to do this there are many guides on XDA that can explain it much better than I can.
That should be about all for now. Let the testing begin!
EDIT/UPDATE - Tests 1-4 = FAIL, how about test 5?