FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10
Post Reply Email Thread
Below you'll find a "step by step" tutorial on how to flash your Samsung Galaxy Tab Firmware to the European version ( unbranded firmware ) and therefore enabling the phone calls option ( and 3G data + 850/1900Mhz WCDMA ) Tested and working for the following tabs: Bell, Rogers.

What do you need?
Download the following package:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/444576369/Samsung_TAB_Euro_Flash_Package.7z
What's in it?
  • Kies_2.0.0.11011_16_5.exe
  • Odin3 v1.31
  • P1000XWJJ4
  • P1000XXJK5
  • modem_bell_i9000

Preparation:

A. After downloaded the package and extracted with 7zip Install and then reboot: Kies_2.0.0.11011_16_5.exe (this will install properly drivers x86 or 64 depending on your OS configuration, needed for your Tab and Odin to communicate correctly ).

B. Extract Odin3_v1.31_PITupdate and put the all the files contained in P1000XWJJ4 into Odin3 v1.31 source folder.

C
. Set you Samsung Tab into "Download mode" ( Hold volume down and power button until the device boot up. You'll see a yellow android sign and some warning text like :do not turn off target) and connect it to your PC with the USB cable.

D
. Start Odin3 v1.31.exe and make sure that the com post is yellow highlighted and check off Re-partition.

E
. Load the following files as shown in the screenshot below:

F. Hit Start and then relax, hopefully it is going to be ok and in about 2. min and 50 you'll get a green highlight and pass stamp in the same Odin screen which will also reboot the Tab. It will be In Russian, but not to worry. keep reading below.

G. Turn offf the tab and set it to download mode again. Transfer over the Odin folder the P1000XXJK5.tar file re-start Odin, Connect the phone.

H. Leave the "Re-partition" unticked and load into "PDA" the tar file. Hit "Start" and wait again about 2min and 50 sec, you'll get the same green pass and the tab will reboot.

I. This is the final step. now you are going to flash the tab with the right Modem files. Again like Put the Tab into download mode unpack the modem_bell_i9000.zip into Odin folder then start Odin up and select "phone". Load the modem.bin up and hit Start. Wait for the Green pass and you are DONE!!!

[note]In order to have Internet and mms going you need to set the right APN settings. Google your provider for specifics.[/note]

Bell canada has the following Settings:

Code:
Name: Bell Internet
APN: pda.bell.ca
Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 610
APN type: Internet + mms
Authentication Type: none

Are you wondering where the APN settings are?

1. Press the Menu key
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Wireless controls
4. Tap Mobile networks
5. Tap Access Point Names
6. Press the Menu key
7. Tap New APN.
8. Enter your settings

FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtech

If you see missing apps from the market it is because XXJK5 is not an official firmware and the market is not showing protected apps.
To change this you will need to edit the build.prop file under /system and change the fingerprint.

If you are lazy you can do the following:

1) root the tab
2) install busybox from the market, open the app and install busybox from within the app.
3) install GST from the market
4) go top step 6 in the app "change your fingerprint" ad run the script
5) go to setting > applications > manage applications > ALL > find "market", force stop and clear data
6) reboot the tab, reopen the market - you should see all apps now.

Credit:
Tutorial By: Neuropass @Newage-os.com How to flash the Samsung Galaxy Tab FW to enable phone calls
Original Poster: clubtech @XDA
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to neuropass For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neuropass Ad-Free
26th January 2011, 10:30 AM |#2  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Questions:

1/ Does the tab need to be rooted first?

2/ Does this method work for any U.S. and Canada Tab? Or is this for a specific carrier/brand? (I plan to buy a Sprint Galaxy Tab from a friend and it is rooted)
26th January 2011, 04:28 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

Donate to Me
More
HI,

1. No you it doesan't need to be rooted because you are going to re-intall and all new firmware.

2. It sohould work for every device is US and Canada as far as i know. You might want to look a little deeper in the forum and see if you find other info. Succesfully tested with the following Carriers: Bell, At&t, T-Mobile, rogers.
27th January 2011, 12:44 AM |#4  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
I have a us sprint tab cdma will it work?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using XDA App
27th January 2011, 03:29 AM |#5  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2

More
So this will let you use voice and 3g on T-Mobile?

Does this contain bootloader lock?
27th January 2011, 03:42 AM |#6  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmurdoch

So this will let you use voice and 3g on T-Mobile?

Does this contain bootloader lock?

I would like to know about this as well. Just got the Tab today and would love to have voice future with T mobile 3g.
27th January 2011, 04:36 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
It should work on sprint tabs... No bootlock
27th January 2011, 04:44 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
If anyone is brave enough to actually try this on their Sprint Tab please let us know how it turns out.
27th January 2011, 05:07 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Some users was successful on sprint tabs:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...nt#post9533444
27th January 2011, 05:14 AM |#10  
GC, OH
Thanks Meter: 2

More
So to reiterate, 3g/hspa AND voice work on this build without rotos modem switcher, and it is not breaking the imei??? I am using T-Mobile US. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to themaster1978 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift themaster1978 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bell tab

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)