[Theme] GingerFroyo v2.4 (2.3 stock theme for All CM6.1 Based ROM's) UPDATED 23-12

Search This thread

rumanzakaria

Dec 21, 2010
The startup screen keeps repeating!!

Hello all,

I flashed the zipped files and then did a reboot. The android flash screen keeps repeating and it has been so for a couple of minutes now!:confused: What is going on?:confused: Some one please help

-tnx

Calico5

Mar 8, 2010
Hello all,

I flashed the zipped files and then did a reboot. The android flash screen keeps repeating and it has been so for a couple of minutes now!:confused: What is going on?:confused: Some one please help

-tnx

Sounds like you're stuck in a bootloop :( Your options from here:

1. Hopefully you did an nandroid backup. Boot into recovery, and restore
2. You didnt do nandroid, but have the old GingerFroyo 2.2 zip on your SD. Boot into recovery and flash the 2.2 version. Then flash 2.3 again
3. You cant to either of the above? Re-flash your ROM :eek:

There maybe other options, with the use of ADB etc.. but the above is the only methods i know. I find i get stuck in bootloop if i dont reset my theme UI before i flash a new zip! Did u restore defaults before you flashed?

Calico

Reactions: rumanzakaria

rumanzakaria

Dec 21, 2010
Hello Calico,

Tnx a lot for replying :D
I was indeed stuck in a bootloop

1. I did do a nandroid backup. Booted into recovery and did the restore :)

2. Sorry, I don't understand what u r saying. Should I flash 2.2 version and then again flash 2.3 version!! I have gingerfroyo 2.3 zip on my SD.

3. I understand :)

No, I did not reset everything to default before flashing the updates. I will do so and let u know what happens.

Thank you a lot :D

Details about my phone:
Model: HTC Magic.
Android Version: 2.2.1
Kernel Version: 2.6.34.2-Cronos feeyo@cronos#1
Mod Version: CyanogenMod-6.1.0-RC0-DS

Ruman

Last edited:

Calico5

Mar 8, 2010
Hello Calico,

Tnx a lot for replying :D
I was indeed stuck in a bootloop

1. I did do a nandroid backup. Booted into recovery and did the restore :)

2. Sorry, I don't understand what u r saying. Should I flash 2.2 version and then again flash 2.3 version!! I have gingerfroyo 2.3 zip on my SD.

3. I understand :)

No, I did not reset everything to default before flashing the updates. I will do so and let u know what happens.

Ruman

Sorry i didnt mean do step 1, then step 2 AND step 3. Those were you're three options, so you could do any of them individually to fix the problem ;)

Seeing as you have done a nandroid, restore that. Then set all UI to default via:
menu>Villain Settings>User Interface>Tweaks Extra>Reset UI tweaks to default

From there boot into recovery, and flash straight to GingerFroyo 2.3 :cool:

Cokxx

Nov 15, 2010
Stuttgart, BW
Hey I flashed your theme after flashing cm6.1 and it looks/runs great!!!!
but why is the menu banner or how it calls on your screenshot grey (screenshot below) and @ my phone light-blue?? Can i/you fix it anyway?

43c2123ydhegx24.jpg

Calico5

Mar 8, 2010
@Cokxx

Its grey on my phone :confused: The only thing i can think of trying is:

menu>Villain Settings>User Interface>Tweaks Extra>Reset UI tweaks to default

Then re-apply the Gingerbread theme. See if that works :)

vido.ardes

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
UK
All I can say is god bless Ubuntu! Compiling apk's is a piece of cake on Linux so I FINALLY present to you...

Latest Version - Update v2.4 Changelog (20-12-10)
- Smooth Battery Mod! Battery now reports much more accurately how much battery is left

Calico5

Mar 8, 2010
Just updated to 2.4, working fine :)

With regard to the Smooth battery mod, i thought it was referring to the battery percentage display found in the villain status bar settings. But i just turned it on, and its the same. At the moment the percentage number is too big for the gingerbread battery icon :eek:

Is the smooth battery mod just for reporting back a more accurate battery level? in widgets such as circle battery widget etc etc?

vido.ardes

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
UK
Just updated to 2.4, working fine :)

With regard to the Smooth battery mod, i thought it was referring to the battery percentage display found in the villain status bar settings. But i just turned it on, and its the same. At the moment the percentage number is too big for the gingerbread battery icon :eek:

Is the smooth battery mod just for reporting back a more accurate battery level? in widgets such as circle battery widget etc etc?

The battery symbol is now more accurate, before it showed only one of 5 levels, now it is broken down in to 15 levels (as it is only 15px high). I have implemented it with a hundered images (one for each percentage) so I can go back and add a number to each frame, but I would publish it as a metamorph because it wouldn't be switchable. I can look into the XML's to see if I can make the CM battery counter smaller

Last edited:

Calico5

Mar 8, 2010
@HaloTechnology

Its been fixed :cool:

The battery symbol is now more accurate, before it showed only one of 5 levels, now it is broken down in to 15 levels (as it is only 15px high). I have implemented it with a hundered images (one for each percentage) so I can go back and add a number to each frame, but I would publish it as a metamorph because it wouldn't be switchable. I can look into the XML's to see if I can make the CM battery counter smaller

ahhh right! That must have taken ages! XD
Thanks, i'll look into metamorph again... couldnt get it to work last time :eek:

Last edited:

yadabwoy

Sep 25, 2010
thanks worked well for me with froyd 1.7.1 for some reason I cant get froyd 1.7.2 even when it installed still says mod. froydvillain 1.7.1 also cant update kernal to 12pre6 any ideas ?? im just flashing them via recovery

Calico5

Mar 8, 2010
thanks worked well for me with froyd 1.7.1 for some reason I cant get froyd 1.7.2 even when it installed still says mod. froydvillain 1.7.1 also cant update kernal to 12pre6 any ideas ?? im just flashing them via recovery

Thats the case for everyone. If you flashed the 1.7.2 zip, then you are updated! Pulser just forgot to increment the number in the zip file so it shows 1.7.1 instead of 1.7.2 :cool:

Gynjanynja

Aug 22, 2010
How can I check if im on 2.4 I flashed zip but can't tell any difference.

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nandroid first! I am not responsible for nuclear war, the price of housing or your phone.

Please Read the whole of this post before asking a question, it may have already been answered

This started as a personal project to get my phone looking like the latest version of Google's OS as I knew it was a slim chace we would get the real thing, and because I wanted to learn a little more about how Android works. There was quite a lot of people showing interest in it, so I decided to post my work for everyone to use on thier Hero's. It has now transformed into somthing alot bigger than I ever expected. There is a lot of community work included in this theme, and I want to say thanks to a few people for thier contributions in either content or testing:

krispijn_s, Studjuice, Kullt, Calico5, LTourist, nmeuret, ximmox

Massive thanks to you all!

Screenshot Gallery
    Screenshots are available at the gallery below:
    http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/7794007/3/Android/Screenshots/Gingerbread Theme?h=ee6807

Installation steps:
    • Step 1: Download all four zip files, and put 'GingerFroyo-v2.2-signed' and your choice of keyboard on the root of your SDCard.
    • Step 2: Reboot to recovery and flash both updates (order doesn't matter)
    • Step 3: Boot up your phone and apply the XML file via "Settings > Cyanogen / Villain Settings > User Interface > Tweaks Extras > Select a theme > Gingerbread"
    • Step 4: Extract the files from 'GingerFroyo-Additional-Files' for dock icons and wallpaper to complete the look!

Confirmed working on the following Devices / ROMs
    • HTC Hero: CM6.1.0, FroydVillain 1.7.0 - 1.7.2, Elinux 2.2.1 Final Android Stock, Floyo 1.2.0 (you will need to flash his 'CM Untouched Theme' first!!)
    • HTC Magic: CM6.1.0
    • Droid Eris: Tazz Vanilla, FroShedYo.V8
    • Droid Incredible: CM6.1.0
    • Motorola Droid: CM6.1.0
    • HTC Legend: CM6.1.0
    If you use this and find it works elsewhere, please add your device and ROM so I can update this list!

If you updated before 23-13-10 15:15PM GMT, Please re-download and re-apply

- Smooth Battery Mod! Battery now reports much more accurately how much battery is left

Latest Version - Update v2.3 Changelog (20-12-10)
    - Signal Strength and Wi-Fi cleanup by ximmox
    - Connection speed indicators greatly improved
    - Proper headset icon

Update v2.2 Changelog (15-12-10)
    - Single update Zip! Should mean quicker updates
    - Updated spinner graphic
    - Moved wi-fi icons (thanks to ximmox)
    - Cleaned up generic email notify icon
    - Multi-Lingual keyboard (thanks to nmeuret)

Changelog prior to 15-12-10
    - Cleaned up more notification icons (GTalk, In-call icons & upload / download)
    - Added krispijn_s tab fix
    - Added krispijn_s metamorph to optionally add back in 2.3 animations
    - Updated for Floyo 1.2.0 (LTourist's Tip: Flash the Stock theme from that thread first, then flash this one.)
    - Black popup menus with white text
    - Green status bar icons for Wi-fi, signal strength and signal speed
    - Gingerbread Dialer
    - Updated launcher icons for phone & browser
    - Set default wallpaper to Nexus S
    - Complete redraw of all notification icons, much sharper
    - Clean up of all notification pulldown graphics (including fix for fuzzy text on headings)
    - Improvements made to spinner loading graphic
    - Updated dock image to reduce transparency
    - Added Nexus S wallpaper
    - Reverted to old animations for lockscreen and dialog popups
    - Optimized all PNG's to reduce filesize
    - fixed contact border (thanks to krispijn_s for pointing me in the right direction!)
    - Simplified process by creating update zips
    - Added support for Froyd and CM6.1
    - Included fix for custom pulldown bar settings
    - XML update to fix notifications ticker colour
    - Updated version of keyboard with better dictionary thanks to Kullt
    - Included new 2.3 animations thanks to Studjuice
    - Improvements to the pulldown notification and XML update
    - Checkboxes and Radio buttons updated thanks to krispijn_s
    - Menu now changed to white background to make text readable
    - Notification pulldown now closer to Gingerbread, improvements still to be made

Planned For Future
    • Smooth battery mod (100 steps for better feedback on battery level)
    • Update music app to 2.3 theme
    • Better compatibility with notification quick controls
    • Hardware keyboard backlights for Magic
    Anything you'd like to see that is missing? Suggest it in the thread!

If you like what you see, I don't want a donation, just use the thanks on this post and build up my rep!
    Who else thinks that this is the best theme???

press 'like' button :D , it's a joke!
    The animations have been removed, I will add an extra zip to add thme back in if you want.

Now I have finished pulling my hair out to the Goolge challenge 5 (got it eventually) I start work on v2.0... :D

snap20101210170231.png
    All I can say is god bless Ubuntu! Compiling apk's is a piece of cake on Linux so I FINALLY present to you...

Latest Version - Update v2.0 Changelog (10-12-10)
    - Black popup menus with white text
    - Green status bar icons for Wi-fi, signal strength and signal speed
    - Gingerbread Dialer
    - Updated launcher icons for phone & browser

Next steps: Smooth Battery Mod! Anything else you want, get your requests in now! Also, if you like the theme, don't forget to use the thanks button on the first post!