FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android 2.2 (FroYo) On HTC [03 Sep 2010] (V1.6)

991 posts
Thanks Meter: 401

By TheBrilliantMistake, Senior Member on 22nd July 2010, 10:41 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
22nd December 2010, 09:22 AM |#1121  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary Parts

i'm running the newest build and have no problems you guys are doing something wrong? it takes awhile to create a data.img it should work like a charm on the blackstone thats what i'm using. if you formated your card and unzipped XDAndroid and then put it on your sd card root. then went to to file manger hit the haret.exe it should boot mine took a little while to boot. but when it did i had no problems.

Hi,
Here is what I've done:
After Formatting to fat32 and copying the content of both zips I still needed a startup.txt for my blackstone, so I took one from the startup configs of the 2.2V1.6, but I wonder, since android freezes after a few moments, is it the right thing to do?

Here is its content, should it work with this last build?

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2030
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x395.0x3c9.0x79.0x77 clock-7x00.a11=528 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=-2,-1,3 msm_blackstone_pad.vibrate=1"
boot

If this is not right then what should be the best "startup.txt" for non-overclocked Blackstone ?

I've tried with the startup.txt that came with the first zip, same results.

22nd December 2010, 12:28 PM |#1122  
Flag location! location!! (somewhere in the vast array of question marks)
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Answers and a little troubleshooting
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeologistVegan

(post trim)
1. Edit - The wifi is on, I'm connected to a working network, but there is no traffic. not in the browser or apps. Ideas ?
2. Is there a way to calibrate my screen again without installing everything from the start ?

Thank you!

1. No idea, my issues with wifi are very inconsistent, so I don't think my troubleshooting will help for the moment.
2. If you have everything under the root of the microSD card and your startup.txt doesn't have rel_path=(customnamedfolder), then just delete the file called ts-calibration under root. If not, it should be under the custom named folder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaronimo

Hi,
Here is what I've done:
After Formatting to fat32 and copying the content of both zips I still needed a startup.txt for my blackstone, so I took one from the startup configs of the 2.2V1.6, but I wonder, since android freezes after a few moments, is it the right thing to do?

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2030
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x395.0x3c9.0x79.0x77 clock-7x00.a11=528 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=-2,-1,3 msm_blackstone_pad.vibrate=1"
boot

If this is not right then what should be the best "startup.txt" for non-overclocked Blackstone ?

You are heading in the right direction but I'm not so sure about the startup.txt Check HERE for a better collection. If you don't use a subfolder, you will have to remove rel_path=andboot from the startup.txt as everyone of them has this option. Also, you might want to minimize what extra options you have enable for the initial boot. I don't know why this is happening now. I am noticing the same thing on my end with my device, Fuze/RAPH110. However, I had to sort of troubleshoot the heck out of my process to get a good sucessful boot. What I did was to rename the AndroidApps folder if I had apps I wanted to eventually install (example: ZndroidApps). I went a step further and removed the extra options (keeping in mind this is only for the initial boot), such as the andboot option (I took out rel_path=andboot)
NOTE: Be careful when you do this, that you don't remove one of the parenthesis. If you were using one of the startup.txt that included the OC/overclock option, I would take that out as well (just for the initial boot).
NOTE: If you are using an older package, you might want to push everything from the andboot folder to the root
Also, when you are initially booting into Android, DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN UNTIL IT ASKS YOU TO (just until the screen calibration comes up of course) Additionally, I also let it sit a few minutes more after the boot animation and before I actually begin playing around in Android. Keeping in mind the screen will time out on you and possibly SOD/screen of death. So, what I do is touch the top bar/notification bar every so often until I see the date; I tap and hold the bar till I see the date fade in and then let go. After I decide it should be done doing whatever it was doing, (still initial boot) I go ahead and turn off Auto-Screen rotation, All animations and I enable auto-dim after setting it to the lowest level. All of these options you can get to under: Settings - Display. Then I power it down and rename the folder ZndroidApps to AndroidApps.
This should help those of you who are experiencing lag issues on initial boot. Keep in mind, you don't have to do this nor should you have to but this is just what I find helpful when I am having one of those troublesome boots!

n-Joie!
The Following User Says Thank You to R^7Z For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift R^7Z Ad-Free
22nd December 2010, 01:16 PM |#1123  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 416

Donate to Me
More
maybe a strange question but will this be updated?
last update is from september
i want to put this on touch pro 2 but if a update is coming soon i will wait for it
22nd December 2010, 01:41 PM |#1124  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R^7Z

1. No idea, my issues with wifi are very inconsistent, so I don't think my troubleshooting will help for the moment.

Thank you, actually I think perhaps the problem is related to my router (DI-524), It's quite old and I saw some more posts here related to the same problem. The wifi is working for me with other routers.

I guess i'll need to buy a new one.
22nd December 2010, 02:17 PM |#1125  

More
Recent Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniterror

i want to put this on touch pro 2 but if a update is coming soon i will wait for it

I used a recent update and it resolved a lot of my problems, see post 1096 in this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1096
The Following User Says Thank You to spangeman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spangeman Ad-Free
22nd December 2010, 11:55 PM |#1126  
Flag Tarpon Springs
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:

Hi,
Here is what I've done:

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2030
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
boot

Here is what my startup.txt looks like for those who need one the download is below just edit out the andboot out of downloaded one

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2030
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x395.0x3c9.0x79.0x77 clock-7x00.a11=528 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=-2,-1,3 msm_blackstone_pad.vibrate=1 lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x395.0x3c9.0x79.0x77 clock-7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=-2,-1,3 msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave"
boot

Download

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniterror

Here is the latest build 12-18-10

Download
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rotary Parts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rotary Parts Ad-Free
23rd December 2010, 09:44 AM |#1127  

More
Thanks R^7Z!
My problem was the startup.txt pointing to the incorrect path.
All i do was to create the folder specified in the rel_path and that's about it.
It boot into android but did not fall into SOD. I installed all my apps later on and it is much more stable build than the one from September.
23rd December 2010, 12:43 PM |#1128  
Flag location! location!! (somewhere in the vast array of question marks)
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Quote:

(post trim)
I installed all my apps later on and it is much more stable build than the one from September.

Glad some of my general troubleshooting steps helped out! Yeah, something about making an Android do all of that work upfront with little to no pay seems a little like Mr Scrooge on a bad day...
@ALL
Just keep in mind, this project is/was never meant to be a replacement for WinMo, would be nice though and getting closer, just not quite there yet...
24th December 2010, 03:11 AM |#1129  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spangeman

I used a recent update and it resolved a lot of my problems, see post 1096 in this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1096

Thanks for the link . btw where menu button on any app? the package on september, home button for open menu or option, but now at last build, home button direct to homescreen. i have tried other button can't find menu feature. example on browser
24th December 2010, 03:48 AM |#1130  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
where is the link for downloading?
24th December 2010, 12:20 PM |#1131  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by www27

where is the link for downloading?

click the picture bro
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread