[HOWTO] Universal CSC & recover product code [ANY ROM] (I5801 supported)

Search This thread

melorib

Nov 30, 2010
Cascais
Sony Xperia 1 II
I bought my phone sim free in FNAC, Portugal, but its CSC is OXA, apparentely UK O2 :confused:

I am on JPX but dont get more than the 7 original Samsung apps, can I change to XEU without any problems ?

Thanks,

trixnix

Mar 22, 2010
Quezon City
Step 1. I downloaded the Indian INU zip file.
Step 2. I have rooted my phone
Step 3. I have installed Root explorer.

Now I do see System folder but there is nothing like CSC under it..

or Do I need extract the INU zip file before coping?? Someone please help :(

we're the same boat i see the system then clicked it

but i dont see anything csc named folder.

help us please..

just upgrade to jpy.

Speedstra

Sep 12, 2010
I am from the Netherlands, Product Code XEN
I flashed JPY and after that my product code was changed in KOR. I reloaded the previously saved relevant EFS files and after that the product code indicated I9000HKAXEN using SGS toolbox and verything appears sweet. Would it still be useful to perform your product code recovery method? anyway, I attached a single CSC file for XEN (Netherlands) that I found using this forum so you can generate the files for The Netherlands.

Thanks,
Speedstra

Attachments

• CSC_I9000XENJP2-SINGLE.7z
    3.5 MB · Views: 37

miketwn

Aug 25, 2010
Taipei
I am from the Netherlands, Product Code XEN
I flashed JPY and after that my product code was changed in KOR. I reloaded the previously saved relevant EFS files and after that the product code indicated I9000HKAXEN using SGS toolbox and verything appears sweet. Would it still be useful to perform your product code recovery method? anyway, I attached a single CSC file for XEN (Netherlands) that I found using this forum so you can generate the files for The Netherlands.

Thanks,
Speedstra

You know that this recovery method wipes all your data/apps. But your method is working as SGS toolbox is showing correct product code. Did you just paste the previously saved efs files back?

Speedstra

Sep 12, 2010
Yes,
I know it does a factory reset, but Titanium Back-up takes care of that. I copied back the 4 files that were safed when I used SGS Tools to check the product code, so .nv_data.bak, .nv_data.bak.md5, nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5.

Cheers,
Speedstra

Reactions: miketwn

mrojas

Oct 16, 2010
Hi i'm from Chile, product code CHL.
I flashed a Brazilian rom and now my code is ZVV, i have the EFS files backed up with Titanium, can anyone explain step-by-step how to restore this files so i get back my CHL code?

thanks

MrMagic

Feb 20, 2007
Since there's no XEN (Netherlands) file in the startpost yet, here's the CSC firmware that you need.

Note: if you flash this with Odin, it will do a factory reset!

Attachments

• CSC_I9000XENJP2-SINGLE.7z
    3.5 MB · Views: 69

STxza

Dec 18, 2010
Sydney
I removed the current /efs/nv_data.bin and /efs/nv_data.bin.md5. This allowed the product code to be restored from the .bak files in that folder and sgs toolbox confirms this. I also copied over the old mps_code.dat so I guess the method in this thread isn't needed. My code end with OPS.

Last edited:

Speedstra

Sep 12, 2010
Since there's no XEN (Netherlands) file in the startpost yet, here's the CSC firmware that you need.

MrMagic,
I did try to just update the CSC firmware using that same XEN file. It did a factory reset, but it did not update the CSC information, it stayed on the KOR product code from the Multi-CSC information in the original JPY firmware.

Cheers,
Speedstra

veasna.kelly

Aug 14, 2010
Phnom Penh
I removed the current /efs/nv_data.bin and /efs/nv_data.bin.md5. This allowed the product code to be restored from the .bak files in that folder and sgs toolbox confirms this. I also copied over the old mps_code.dat so I guess the method in this thread isn't needed. My code end with OPS.

STxza,

For me now I have just flashed Darky rom V7.0 and my PC code now showing KOR while the back up PC showing in SGS tool box is DBT. So If I follow your above method, will my backup PC DBT be overwrited on the current KOR?

All mates here, have you used this method too so far?

eloptimistico

Aug 15, 2010
The method seems to work for me. I just deleted the two files, rebooted. Seems to be no factory reset. Checked with sgstoolbox and it gave me XEN product code and not the KOR one.

MrMagic

Feb 20, 2007
MrMagic,
I did try to just update the CSC firmware using that same XEN file. It did a factory reset, but it did not update the CSC information, it stayed on the KOR product code from the Multi-CSC information in the original JPY firmware.
Strange... I used it yesterday on Doc's 6.2 ROM and it worked for me.

Did you disable any lagfixes before you flashed? Because I think the CSC flash contains a Cache.rfs file so it may not work if your cache is ext4?

Speedstra

Sep 12, 2010
Strange... I used it yesterday on Doc's 6.2 ROM and it worked for me.

Did you disable any lagfixes before you flashed? Because I think the CSC flash contains a Cache.rfs file so it may not work if your cache is ext4?
No lagfixes, just rooted with CF-root. Applied just the CSC file with Odin, no PIT or Re-partition used. On the reset it performed a factory reset, all app's gone, no XEN but KOR product code. After re-installing everything product code was changed back to XEN by pasting the previously saved nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5 back, but I'm not sure if that is sufficient, which was my original question some posts ago......
Cheers,
Speedstra

zuratharamon

Dec 11, 2010
Ζάκυνθος

Hi.
Is it the official XEN?

Can I flash it over with Odin , now that I have Darky 7 installed?
I know that it will erase everything and I will need to set it up again

So in Odin, as CSC i select the tar.md5 i downloaded and flash with no repartition, right?

Something else I may be missing? Do I need to do anything with the nv_data.bin files?
Maybe first the nv_data bak and bak.md5 (xen) renamed to nv_data.bin, then reboot and then flash with odin?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

STxza

Dec 18, 2010
Sydney
No lagfixes, just rooted with CF-root. Applied just the CSC file with Odin, no PIT or Re-partition used. On the reset it performed a factory reset, all app's gone, no XEN but KOR product code. After re-installing everything product code was changed back to XEN by pasting the previously saved nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5 back, but I'm not sure if that is sufficient, which was my original question some posts ago......
Cheers,
Speedstra

If your product code has changed to what it should be and your imei is still the same then it should be sufficient unless you want other things provided by the original CSC.

jeroenkwb

Oct 17, 2010
If you change the product code the CSC will remain the same.

If you want to change to XEN CSC without changing anything to your SGS, download this file www multiupload.com/JYBGERYF98 , extract it to your sd card, use Root Explorer to put these files in sd/system/.. It worked for me and a lot of other dutch SGS users, CSC is back to I9000XENJP2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you should have noted I'm not supporting this topic anymore. Nowadays most ROMs have this integrated, you only have to change to your CSC of choice in case of need.
    (My links were from "pre-Megaupload BOOM" era, so... Not really uploading them again as they aren't needed!)

Before anything, I hope you have an /efs folder backup, you should have done it even before flashing!

NOTICE: This method does a reset, your SGS only maintains your personal files (sdcard & external sdcard). I'm not responsible at all for any problem that you get for following this procedure.

This procedure must bee done after flashing and before installing "anything" ("only" root and a program like Root Explorer are allowed :p). If you do this after you'll likely have problems!

You need root access so this can work! You may do this with commands via ADB or terminal, or else in a easy way with a program like Root Explorer (notice this is a paid app).

NOTICE: It seems this process, as it uses older CSC versions, disables the "voice input abilities", you may have to reinstall "voice apks" (if you use them...). I will confirm this today or during this weekend. (this issue was related to a problem on the French CSC)

MANUAL METHOD:
    1. First, get the right folder for your country (available at the bottom of this topic or else ask me) and copy it to /system/csc.*
    2. After, open an ADB shell, and use the following command:
      Code:
      am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/com.android.Preconfig.Preconfig
    3. After this, select on your SGS, your CSC country code. Then it'll reboot, you'll have to do the initial configuration, and it's done!

"AUTOMATIC" METHOD (firmwares dated to september (or newer)): (Thanks for Richthofen, for this info!)
    1. First, get the right folder for your country (available at the bottom of this topic or else ask me) and copy it to /system/csc.*
    2. After, check your IMEI with this code on the dialer, *#06#, and save it as you'll need.
    3. Then, type on the dialer, *#272*???????????????# (??????????????? it's your IMEI, it must have 15 digits), after you can chose your CSC, then it'll reboot (it may take some time, you'll see bootloader applying the changes), you'll have to do the initial configuration and it's done!

For your country you'll need a specific folder. If you don't find it were, give me an CSC file for your country (any firmware version, I just need the file "cache.rfs" or the "CSC_I9000------.tar.md5") and I will make the folder for your country available.

* If you're on JPK (probably on every new version of Froyo), you'll need the following commands to be able to copy the CSC folder to the /system/csc.
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    busybox mount -o remount,rw /system

This process is fully functional, it changes your CSC and recover your original product code! (to have your product code recovered your nv_data.bak should be compatible with the CSC you apply)

PS: You can check your product code with SGS ToolBox.
    PS2: I did some search and didn't see this method posted were on XDA. If I'm wrong, sorry!

Universal CSC Pack said:
    EXPERIMENTAL (Tested on I9000 with JPA, but it should work on all ROMs)

Download the pack, put it on sdcard, go to ClockworkMod Recovery mode, choose "install zip from sdcard" and install the pack. Then reboot and follow steps 2 and 3 of "Automatic method" explained above! (check your CSC code on the list bellow)

I've to test this some more time and I also expect some feedback from you ;) After that I'll turn this pack the most "universal" possible.

Thanks to on.one on the info on this process.
    OPS - Australia (YES OPTUS)
    VAU - Australia (Vodafone) BRANDED
    XSA - Australia (Telstra, YES OPTUS, Vodafone AU, Virgin Mobile, 3, Crazy Johns)
    HUT - Australia (3) BRANDED
    ATO - Austria
    SEB - Baltic (LMT GSM, LV TELE2, LV BITE, LT Omnitel, LT Bite, LT TELE2, EE EMT, EE ELISA, EE TELE2)
    ETR - Bangladesh
    TML - Bangladesh (TML and ETR seem equal, same version, same network operators)
    PRO - Belgium
    VVT - Bulgaria (vivacom)
    MTL - Bulgaria (MTEL)
    BMC - Canada (Bell)
    BWA - Canada (SaskTel)
    BMF - Canada (Fido) UNBRANDED [provided by Idan73, not checked by me]
    XEZ - Czech Republic
    VIP - Croatia (HR VIP)
    SFR - France (F SFR, SFR RU) BRANDED
    XEF - France
    DBT - Germany
    CYO - Greece (MTN, CYTAVODA)
    EUR - Greece (WIND GR, vodafone GR, COSMOTE)
    TGY - Hong Kong [provided by rickylcp, not checked by me]
    INS - India (CSCEdition > ED006)
    INU - India (CSCEdition > ED009 | I think INU is an updated version of INS, as they seem to have the same network operators)
    XSE - Indonesia
    MET - Ireland (Meteor)
    ITV - Italy [UPDATED 02/11]
    XME - Malaysia
    NPL - Nepal
    XEE - Nordic (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden)
    XTC - Philippines
    XEO - Poland (Plus, Era, Heyah, Orange, Play)
    ERA - Poland (ERA) BRANDED
    TPH - Portugal
    CNX - Romania (Vodafone RO)
    COA - Romania (Cosmote)
    ORO - Romania (RO Orange)
    HAT - Romania (RO Orange, Vodafone RO, Cosmote)
    SER - Russia (MTS, Beeline, Megafon, TELE2)
    TOP - Serbia
    XSP - Singapore
    XSP - Singapore UNBRANDED
    XSO - Singapore (Singtel)
    MOT - Slovenia (Mobitel)
    SIM - Slovenia (Si.mobil)
    XEC - Spain (Movistar) BRANDED
    FOP - Spain (Movistar, Vodafone ES, Orange, Yoigo, Mobil R, EUSKALTEL, TeleCable, Blau, Simyo)
    SLK - Sri Lanka
    AUT - Switzerland (Sunrise, Swisscom, Orange CH)
    MOZ - Switzerland (Sunrise, Swisscom, Orange CH)
    SWC - Switzerland (Swisscom) BRANDED
    CPW - United Kingdom & Ireland
    XEU - United Kingdom & Ireland

This process also works on the I5801, thanks to gazski!
    I5801 said:
    Hello mate,

I managed to change the csc on my GT-i5801.

I have the firmware I5800XWJH2 and is rooted.

I had to plug my external sd card into my laptop, i then downloaded the CPW csc and then transfered the zipped file to my sd card, i then unzipped the file in the sd card.
    I put the card back into the phone then used ROOT EXPLOYER and changed the permissions of the file to READ, WRITE, EXECUTE... i then followed your instructions on your thread and it worked..yippee

You are more than welcome to use this explanation.

Thanks for all your help and i hope you understand my explanation

Regards
    Gary
    No more need to access preconfing manually (via ADB).
    Managed to find the new access code for firmwares with compile date of >9/2010.

When using Multi CSCs the variant / product code will be set to a default value, which usually is "KOR" (Test).

Even when using the correct CSC the phone will not use correct settings (e.g APN) for your region until you set the correct variant / product code manually from Preconfiguration menu.

Previously Samsung used code *#272*HHMM# (HH being hour and MM minute, = current time) to access the Preconfiguration menu.

The access code was then changed and all firmwares dated to september (or newer) were using it. Since the new access code was unknown, the only way to chance the variant / product code was launching the Preconfiguration manually via ADB.

I finally found some time to take a look at it and now I managed to find the new access code:

You need to have your IMEI code in hand, so either take the sales package or type *#06# to the dialer (to check the IMEI, write it down).

Then type *#272*???????????????# to the dialer.

??????????????? is your IMEI code, it is always 15 digits long.

Select the desired variant / product code from the list and press install.

After the reboot you are all set.

THIS IS NOT REQUIRED WHEN USING A SINGLE CSC (I.E SINGLE VARIANT, E.G XEE).
    Hummmm, then maybe something changed (finally...) on the CSC files.
    I'll try to find some CSC files for 2.2.1, if anyone have them and can provide them to me, so I can analyze them, I would be thankful ;)

Do you want just any country? the JPU I've got has:
    CPW
    DBT
    KOR
    XEO
    XEU

Do you want the files from any of these? thanks
    Yes,
    I know it does a factory reset, but Titanium Back-up takes care of that. I copied back the 4 files that were safed when I used SGS Tools to check the product code, so .nv_data.bak, .nv_data.bak.md5, nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5.

Cheers,
    Speedstra
    And here is the CSC for the Netherlands ready to go ...See attachment