Gingerbread AOSP

Search This thread

dzo

Senior Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2008
Auckland
I've built the Gingerbread AOSP release for Vogue and a system image is here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/system-gingerbread-29-12-10_22.tgz/download

It's not perfect yet and as you know I don't have a connected vogue any more but it should be good as a base for other roms and for testing.

The camera now works and the dialler and other activities should fit better.

This is now european languages only to make the image smaller and is android version 2.3.1 grh78

Happy xmas.

To build it, follow the instructions in the first post of the fresh froyo thread using "-b gingerbread" instead of "-b froyo" in the first command.

Last edited:

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia

http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/system-gingerbread-24-12-10_12.tgz/download

It's not perfect yet and as you know I don't have a connected vogue any more but it should be good as a base for other roms and for testing.

The camera doesn't work but other than that it should be usable.

Happy xmas.

To build it, follow the instructions in the first post of the fresh froyo thread using "-b gingerbread" instead of "-b froyo" in the first command.

thank you man!

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
platlogo.jpg

hahahahahaha
this is in the framework

duchoang81

Aug 9, 2006
Hi Dzo, I tried your new gingerbread. It's kool. Waiting for your soon fix for dialer and camera. You're great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/system-gingerbread-29-12-10_22.tgz/download

The camera now works and the dialler and other activities should fit better.

This is now european languages only to make the image smaller and is android version 2.3.1 grh78

Happy xmas.

New system image, see first post.

European languages only (makes it much smaller) and updated to 2.3.1.

Still no working GPS.
    Ok, try unzipping the attached into /system/lib/hw/gps.msm7k.so
    This should work but no guarantees....
    Here's my build. It has the calendar and contact sync features intact. .32 kernel modules are also included.

I've edited the link, it should work now.
    I also had the issue with the untracked pid with the 30/12 build.

By merging in libhardware_legacy.so from the 29/12 build, but using the rest from the 30th build, I got it to boot.

I have also merged in /etc/passwd, CRKO commander, Connectbot and the .32 modules (so you don't need to apply that update) along with Gmail and Market from 30/12.

Download here.