[UPDATED][rom] gingerbread for droid

Search This thread

bmx24

Jul 30, 2010
well this is a port of gingerbread for the d1 (not the milestone) it runs very fast and i am just a reposter so i have not done this my self but i plan to work on this later when i get time

updated 2/17/11

bugs
nothing atm

what works
everything

download
on droid fourms
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...ck-gingerbread-android-2-3-2-build-gpa11.html

the developers website and download
http://www.peteralfonso.com/2011/02/download-stock-rooted-gingerbread_15.html

and flash this to get the correct gapps for gingerbread
http://www.mediafire.com/?0qeq77bgg8aui62

this rom is easley the fastest thing i have ever run on my droid just het launcher pro to get rid of launcher lag witch is there on the stock one

Last edited:

add119

Sep 4, 2010
Bronx,ny
OpenGL ES 2.0 was publicly released in March 2007[1], eliminates most of the fixed-function rendering pipeline in favor of a programmable one. Almost all rendering features of the transform and lighting pipelines, such as the specification of materials and light parameters formerly specified by the fixed-function API, are replaced by shaders written by the graphics programmer. As a result, OpenGL ES 2.0 is not backwards compatible with OpenGL ES 1.1.

aka 3d and hd games play Opengl ES

in not new to android by any means and i have no idea what that is lol wana explane and maby i could help u out i feel so noobish lol

bmx24

Jul 30, 2010
O ya ok now I know what u mean lol but its an api then it should be there I don't y not

Sent from my Droid using XDA App

Wagz513

Oct 4, 2010
Portland
It works! This is fun, currently playing with this ROM paired with P3Droids lv250 1200mhz kernel. Runs extremely well all things considered.

Aside from the the bugs mentioned the only other issues I've found are
- Two seemingly identical stock gallery and email programs installed. Neither of which can be uninstalled via app manager.
- My computer does not see the phone when plugged in via USB and phone does not ask to connect to computer. I have not done anything with ADB yet.
- The phone will auto rotate horizontal when the keyboard is opened but will not rotate back when closed in some applications.

Ill post/edit if something new comes up

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Does this have OpenGL ES 2.0 ZIP 3D ON THIS ROM?

It works! This is fun, currently playing with this ROM paired with P3Droids lv250 1200mhz kernel. Runs extremely well all things considered.

- Two seemingly identical stock gallery and email programs installed. Neither of which can be uninstalled via app manager.
- My computer does not see the phone when plugged in via USB and phone does not ask to connect to computer. I have not done anything with ADB yet.
- The phone will auto rotate horizontal when the keyboard is opened but will not rotate back when closed in some applications.

Hi there. I'm the guy that put this little thing together. :) I did not build this myself/from source. I just happened to take a few things that were working on various builds and glue them together. It does play 3D games and what not, but since the accelerometer does not work, it doesn't really do a whole lot of good. I'm not sure exactly what OPENGL version it has, or how to check it, but if you point me in the right direction, I'm sure I can figure it out for you. (Found this in the Build.prop: # The OpenGL ES API level that is natively supported by this device.
# This is a 16.16 fixed point number
ro.opengles.version = 131072)

As far as the issues, they have been well documented in the original thread on DroidForums. Just to break them down for you though...

Broken:
1)GPS (which also causes browser and any other location finder service associated apps to close when attempting to locate.) You can use a different browser, or set home page to something other than Google.
2)Accelerometer. I'm assuming it is because there are some new sensors included in Gingerbread. I thought it might have something to do with the akmd file, but I've tried a few different ones with no luck...
3)USB Storage. This is an easy fix with an app in the Market place called Multi Mount SD. They have a free and paid version. Dual Mount also works. These are widgets and must be used as such.

As far as the "duplicate" apps, they are different versions of the same app and are easily removed with Titanium Backup.

Most likely, this is not your every day rom. I have been using it, because it's fun to run something you had a hand in making, but it's not considered stable. With that being said, it's the easiest to use rom that we have available and no other Motorola phones really have anything else better, so enjoy what we have. ;)

Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas / Insert whatever gives you warm and fuzzy feelings here.

PS. I am not a dev, so really can't trouble shoot anything too effectively. I've been trying different things to fix the issues, but have not had much luck. I was hoping some devs on DF would pick up on the interest in this project and be able to figure it out, but not much luck so far.

PSS. Definitely suggest flashing another kernel once you set the original rom up and do a nandroid. A lot of the 2.2 kernels work. I've had the most luck with Slayher interactive ones. Try a 1200 one. It's pretty quick...

Last edited:

ilya11g

Oct 22, 2010
Can you port it to Milestone please?

The Oldy Europe needs help because of Motorola's #&#$%!*^ support...

Software is a Dark Side of Motorola.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Can you port it to Milestone please?

The Oldy Europe needs help because of Motorola's #&#$%!*^ support...

Software is a Dark Side of Motorola.

No can do, sorry. I'm not a dev, so I wouldn't even have the slightest idea how to do such a thing. Plus I dunno anyone with a Milestone to play with. From what I understand, it is quite a pain in the neck due to the differences between the GSM and CDMA.

add119

Sep 4, 2010
Bronx,ny
Bro i used this it work but the camcorder isnt working and it kick me out of the browser.

Camera works
but it feel like 2.2 os with some add on with 2.3 os.

When will the hacker get a stable 2.3 os with full feature from 2.3 os???

Last edited:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Bro i used this it work but the camcorder isnt working and it kick me out of the browser.

Camera works
but it feel like 2.2 os with some add on with 2.3 os.

When will the hacker get a stable 2.3 os with full feature from 2.3 os???

It's fun to see whats up and coming and as long as it works well enough to show off I would call this a success! My roommate with his Fascinate still on 2.1 is peeved haha.

Thanks for your work!

Not sure about the camcorder. Mine works for me. The browser thing has been discussed many times on all Gingerbread threads. You can't go through the browser's regular home page because location services is not working. Internet works if you:
A) Change the home page to something other than Google.com
B) Get a different browser.
C) Go through the Google Search Box.

It feels like it is 2.2 with some add-ons, because that is exactly what 2.3 is. It's not a major OS revision. Most of the work is behind the scenes dealing with memory management, speed, and such. If it's not faster for you than 2.2, that's odd (if you have not flashed a new kernel with this, highly recommended). There won't be a fully functioning rom till someone is able to figure out how to get some of the proprietary drivers rewritten to work with this boot.img. Not exactly a task for a beginner. Motorola certainly is giving any handouts, so be happy with what ya have. ;)

There are people working on it though, you just have to be patient. It's not something as simple as, "Oh, I'll just add this or that file and everything magically works."

I'm glad some of you are enjoying it though. Blackdroid's team is working on an Alpha. Still broken accelerometer with half working GPS. Hopefully in the next week or 2, he'll push some more stable builds out. Until then, just use this to show off and have a back up of your favorite stable rom. Take care...

falecomcyber

Jan 11, 2011
No can do, sorry. I'm not a dev, so I wouldn't even have the slightest idea how to do such a thing. Plus I dunno anyone with a Milestone to play with. From what I understand, it is quite a pain in the neck due to the differences between the GSM and CDMA.
There is a Brazilian dev trying to port the Ginger to the Milestone.

The name of the MOD is "ShadowMODBR" but it's not complete.
The Froyo version is great btw. I'm very exciting to try the Ginger version.

lvcio

Apr 23, 2010
well this is a port of gingerbread for the d1 (not the milestone) it runs very fast and i am just a reposter so i have not done this my self but i plan to work on this later when i get time

bugs
the Accelerometer does not work
the gps does not work
the browser wil fc on you if u use googles homepage (this is gps related)
and a bumber there are no tv animations when u turn off the screen we dont know where thoes are in the sorce
some people cant log into g talk just try wiping

what works
camera/video
3g/wifi
calls
sms/mms
really evrything that is not on the bug list

download
http://www.multiupload.com/NJQ8YLY0D8
mirror
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1DL9YBD4

link to og thread
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/107547-rom-gingerbread-rebakedv2.html

PLEASEEE SOMEONE MAKE 2.3 FOR MILESTONE!!! PLEASE:rolleyes:

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
CM7

Hey man I think you should get yourself the CM7 rom and get the stuff you need to make this a perfect rom, in CM7's version for the D1 GPS and accelerometer work perfect! and it also has the tv animation when the screen turns off.

Id love to see this rom working 100%

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
And this may cause a black outline around some apps if so go to spare parts and disable compatibility mode should take care of it

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does this have OpenGL ES 2.0 ZIP 3D ON THIS ROM?

Hi there. I'm the guy that put this little thing together. :) I did not build this myself/from source. I just happened to take a few things that were working on various builds and glue them together. It does play 3D games and what not, but since the accelerometer does not work, it doesn't really do a whole lot of good. I'm not sure exactly what OPENGL version it has, or how to check it, but if you point me in the right direction, I'm sure I can figure it out for you. (Found this in the Build.prop: # The OpenGL ES API level that is natively supported by this device.
    # This is a 16.16 fixed point number
    ro.opengles.version = 131072)

As far as the issues, they have been well documented in the original thread on DroidForums. Just to break them down for you though...

Broken:
    1)GPS (which also causes browser and any other location finder service associated apps to close when attempting to locate.) You can use a different browser, or set home page to something other than Google.
    2)Accelerometer. I'm assuming it is because there are some new sensors included in Gingerbread. I thought it might have something to do with the akmd file, but I've tried a few different ones with no luck...
    3)USB Storage. This is an easy fix with an app in the Market place called Multi Mount SD. They have a free and paid version. Dual Mount also works. These are widgets and must be used as such.

As far as the "duplicate" apps, they are different versions of the same app and are easily removed with Titanium Backup.

Most likely, this is not your every day rom. I have been using it, because it's fun to run something you had a hand in making, but it's not considered stable. With that being said, it's the easiest to use rom that we have available and no other Motorola phones really have anything else better, so enjoy what we have. ;)

Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas / Insert whatever gives you warm and fuzzy feelings here.

PS. I am not a dev, so really can't trouble shoot anything too effectively. I've been trying different things to fix the issues, but have not had much luck. I was hoping some devs on DF would pick up on the interest in this project and be able to figure it out, but not much luck so far.

PSS. Definitely suggest flashing another kernel once you set the original rom up and do a nandroid. A lot of the 2.2 kernels work. I've had the most luck with Slayher interactive ones. Try a 1200 one. It's pretty quick...
    Sent from my Droid using XDA App