By grankin01, Senior Member on 9th November 2010, 07:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st December 2010, 04:41 PM |#1381  
Flag Oswego, IL
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grankin01

Nah, just dl The OTA from your first link, flash, and then follow the unroot instructions on this guide.

Sent you a PM about this. Thanks.

25th December 2010, 03:27 AM |#1382  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks great tutorial. works great. rooted via terminal method. However had to use visionaryplus.apk r14 wouldnt work for me.
26th December 2010, 05:31 AM |#1383  
Milwaukee,WI.
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Unhappy grankin01 helpppppppppp!!!
Hey can u tell me if your unrooting method will put the stock recovery back on? trying this theunlockr.com http://theunlockr.com/2010/12/16/how...le-mytouch-4g/ methoded and I keep getting flash_image not found when I try to flash stock recovery.img via terminal emulator.....could you help me out please ps. I know other way havent mastered fastboot/adb yet.
26th December 2010, 08:00 AM |#1384  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
This might be a stupid question, but,
if you go to s-off, then go back to s-on, does it still void your warranty?
26th December 2010, 09:20 AM |#1385  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grankin01

Here is three versions of visionary. One is run-on-boot, one is not and one is the plus version. Enjoy .

What are the differences in these?
26th December 2010, 09:52 AM |#1386  
OP Senior Member
Flag Georgetown, KY
Thanks Meter: 663

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkcody

Hey can u tell me if your unrooting method will put the stock recovery back on? trying this theunlockr.com http://theunlockr.com/2010/12/16/how...le-mytouch-4g/ methoded and I keep getting flash_image not found when I try to flash stock recovery.img via terminal emulator.....could you help me out please ps. I know other way havent mastered fastboot/adb yet.

You could grab the pd15img.zip file from slhpss's guide to forcing the update and flash it. It will flash the stock recovery image back onto your device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFilipino808

This might be a stupid question, but,
if you go to s-off, then go back to s-on, does it still void your warranty?

If they find out you did it ... yes. Finding out that you did it (unless you brick it in the process) would prove very hard to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jentzschman2000

What are the differences in these?

Just options. They work the same way otherwise.
26th December 2010, 04:25 PM |#1387  
Milwaukee,WI.

More
Question grankin01
I dont know what i'm doing wrong but it wont let me flash pd15img.zip with clockwork its saying cant open /sdcard/PD15IMG.zip (bad) installation aborted....urrr what am I doing wrong?...do i have to have s-on in order to flash it?
its s-off at the moment.
26th December 2010, 04:31 PM |#1388  
OP Senior Member
Flag Georgetown, KY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I dont know what i'm doing wrong but it wont let me flash pd15img.zip with clockwork its saying abort bad file or something other....urrr what am I doing wrong?

Sorry, reboot into hboot and it will check the package and ask you if you want to apply the update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grankin01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grankin01 Ad-Free
26th December 2010, 04:45 PM |#1389  
Milwaukee,WI.

More
Thanks alot it looks like its working...after thats finished do I just reboot and type in terminal commands for s-on?....Thanks I really appreciate your help and Merry belated Christmas to you and yours I screwing up over here I just did the first command in terminal emulator cd /sdcard/unroot and got this in return cd: can't cd to /sdcard/unroot.....what am I doing wrong now...Plz help
26th December 2010, 05:17 PM |#1390  
OP Senior Member
Flag Georgetown, KY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks alot it looks like its working...after thats finished do I just reboot and type in terminal commands for s-on?....Thanks I really appreciate your help and Merry belated Christmas to you and yours I screwing up over here I just did the first command in terminal emulator cd /sdcard/unroot and got this in return cd: can't cd to /sdcard/unroot.....what am I doing wrong now...Plz help

Did you copy the entire unroot folder to the sdcard or did you copy the files inside it to the sdcard? Sound like the folder doesn't exist on the sdcard.
26th December 2010, 05:30 PM |#1391  
Milwaukee,WI.

More
Sir grankin01 for President!!!!!!!
All is well you sir are da man....thanks a bunch :d
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)