[App][(W)VGA]MulkeyTouch - A Multi-Touch Keyboard on WinMo Resistive Screens

Search This thread

TangoChen

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2010
Guangzhou
TangoChen.com
It's really truly able to have a multi-touch keyboard on a resistive screen WinMo!!
it may takes some time.but then how many people would still use Windows Phone classic(except HD2)?!:(

MulkeyTouch = MultiTouch Key(board)
for more introduces pls read the following Notice.
Requirements
  • WVGA/VGA resolution[actually the technology works for all resistive screen-devices]
  • .NET CF 3.5 or higher

How it comes true?
read my first thread:
Multi 2.0 - Show and Explain Dual-Touch Technology On Resistive Screens

Here're some pictures(I've tried making a demo video.but it doesn't seem good.these are the shots of the video)
It's a WP7-style keyboard.It hasn't been finished.it can be used to input letters only..no numbers or symbols but "." and ","
[I used a stylus just to let you see more clearly.]And it proves that the screen is resistive.(It's TP2)

Notice
  1. multi-touch keyboard
    = dual-touch keyboard
    = you can hold Shift key and press any letters' key at the same time to input capital letters
    but you can't press two letters' key at the same time.it doesn't makes sense.
  2. :eek:as my limited ability,i'm not able to write a real keyboard (in Native code.)
    this is an 'app-in' keyboard..
    (the keyboard have to run in the app.you can't use it to input texts to any other textboxes outside the app.)
    But it shows the capability of having a multi-touch keyboard on resistive screen.
    and of course it can be developed as a real system keyboard.
  3. it doesn't work very well.the second key it detects may not the key you press especially when the key is far from the Shift key(such as P,O,I,L,K)..
    but it's possible to add a function to modify the position values so that it can detect properly.
    so i make another app called Modifine.(means to "modify" something to make it "fine")
    but the modified result doesn't seem very good yet-.-!!...
    Much better now..

Download
The NEW file MulKeyTouch 1.0 - (W)VGA.7z works for WVGA and VGA resolutions!
It has only one .exe file.but you'd better extract it to any one directory before run it.
cuz it'll create an Modifine.txt file on the directory to enable Modifine mod.

Please read the next post about how to use.

Last edited:

TangoChen

Apr 25, 2010
Guangzhou
TangoChen.com
How to use it.

There are 4 ways to input captial letters:
  1. [Normal way]Input 1 captial letters.Just press the "Shift" key then click any letter's key.
  2. [Normal way]Input ≥1 captial letters.Click the "Shift" key twice then you can keep inputing captial letters
  3. [Quick way]Input 1 captial letters.Hold the "Shift" key then move to any letter's key.It's a better way to input letters that near the "Shift" key such as "Z","A","Q","X",etc.
  4. [Quick dual-touch way]Input ≥1 captial letters.Hold the "Shift" key and press any letter's key.

About Modifine
Does the second key it detects is not the key you are pressing on?
In particular the keys far from Shift key such as "P","O","L"
Then you may have to modify the position it gets.

Different screen may has its own dual-touch ability.
So you'll have modified values set by yourself.

1.Click "Modifine" button.
2.Click "Start Modifine!" button.
3.Hold the central of the "Shift" key.
4.Immediately draw follow the green line from lower left corner to top right corner.
5.Click "Back" button.
6.Enable the Modifine mode by click the "Smile" key(it's on the lower left corner of MKT keyboard.NOT the "Modifine" form's keyboard.)
7.Test it by input captial letters in the [Quick dual-touch way]

A much better way to see where the modified position go:
Check the "Show touch points" checkbox on Modifine form.
You can see two points while you input captial letters that are near the top right corner.
Red Point - original detected touch point
Green Point - modified point

I know there's a bug that the new points come but old points were not cleared.as i think you can find out the latest points.and for better running speed.i'm not going to fix it now.

PS.the app's icon(in 32x32 size) writes "没课逃~" which means "No classes to be skipped" in Chinese.
and Chinese pinyin of the three characters is "Mei Ke Tao",whose shortened (is MKT) is the same as MulKeyTouch's.
I use it to commemorate my dropping out of school~
Sorry for my poor English.

Last edited:
Reactions: white-energy

white-energy

Apr 9, 2010
Kyiv
Woah! this is Awesome.. but i use Android on my HD2...whatever..
YOU GET A COOKIE! (Thanks)
Dude keep up the Awesome work..

now thank me for thanking your a** x'P

Last edited:

PaulosCZ

Sep 28, 2008
3dworms.eu
So, unfortunately, I cannot test the keyboard properly because I'm running VGA device (Diamond) and the textbox overlays the keyboard from the top. Maybe you can set Anchor property to TextBox? or there maybe is another way to change the textbox size dynamically?

otherwise it looks neat ;)

Reactions: TangoChen

TangoChen

Apr 25, 2010
Guangzhou
TangoChen.com
So, unfortunately, I cannot test the keyboard properly because I'm running VGA device (Diamond) and the textbox overlays the keyboard from the top. Maybe you can set Anchor property to TextBox? or there maybe is another way to change the textbox size dynamically?
thx for ur feedback!
MulKeyTouch 1.0 - (W)VGA.7z is released.it works for WVGA and VGA resolutions.
plz release for qvga.
sorry.may not..

thx all~

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's really truly able to have a multi-touch keyboard on a resistive screen WinMo!!
    it may takes some time.but then how many people would still use Windows Phone classic(except HD2)?!:(

MulkeyTouch = MultiTouch Key(board)
    for more introduces pls read the following Notice.
    Requirements
    • WVGA/VGA resolution[actually the technology works for all resistive screen-devices]
    • .NET CF 3.5 or higher

How it comes true?
    read my first thread:
    Multi 2.0 - Show and Explain Dual-Touch Technology On Resistive Screens

Here're some pictures(I've tried making a demo video.but it doesn't seem good.these are the shots of the video)
    It's a WP7-style keyboard.It hasn't been finished.it can be used to input letters only..no numbers or symbols but "." and ","
    [I used a stylus just to let you see more clearly.]And it proves that the screen is resistive.(It's TP2)

Notice
    1. multi-touch keyboard
      = dual-touch keyboard
      = you can hold Shift key and press any letters' key at the same time to input capital letters
      but you can't press two letters' key at the same time.it doesn't makes sense.
    2. :eek:as my limited ability,i'm not able to write a real keyboard (in Native code.)
      this is an 'app-in' keyboard..
      (the keyboard have to run in the app.you can't use it to input texts to any other textboxes outside the app.)
      But it shows the capability of having a multi-touch keyboard on resistive screen.
      and of course it can be developed as a real system keyboard.
    3. it doesn't work very well.the second key it detects may not the key you press especially when the key is far from the Shift key(such as P,O,I,L,K)..
      but it's possible to add a function to modify the position values so that it can detect properly.
      so i make another app called Modifine.(means to "modify" something to make it "fine")
      but the modified result doesn't seem very good yet-.-!!...
      Much better now..

Download
    The NEW file MulKeyTouch 1.0 - (W)VGA.7z works for WVGA and VGA resolutions!
    It has only one .exe file.but you'd better extract it to any one directory before run it.
    cuz it'll create an Modifine.txt file on the directory to enable Modifine mod.

Please read the next post about how to use.
    Woah! this is Awesome.. but i use Android on my HD2...whatever..
    YOU GET A COOKIE! (Thanks)
    Dude keep up the Awesome work..

now thank me for thanking your a** x'P
    How to use it.

There are 4 ways to input captial letters:
    1. [Normal way]Input 1 captial letters.Just press the "Shift" key then click any letter's key.
    2. [Normal way]Input ≥1 captial letters.Click the "Shift" key twice then you can keep inputing captial letters
    3. [Quick way]Input 1 captial letters.Hold the "Shift" key then move to any letter's key.It's a better way to input letters that near the "Shift" key such as "Z","A","Q","X",etc.
    4. [Quick dual-touch way]Input ≥1 captial letters.Hold the "Shift" key and press any letter's key.

About Modifine
    Does the second key it detects is not the key you are pressing on?
    In particular the keys far from Shift key such as "P","O","L"
    Then you may have to modify the position it gets.

Different screen may has its own dual-touch ability.
    So you'll have modified values set by yourself.

1.Click "Modifine" button.
    2.Click "Start Modifine!" button.
    3.Hold the central of the "Shift" key.
    4.Immediately draw follow the green line from lower left corner to top right corner.
    5.Click "Back" button.
    6.Enable the Modifine mode by click the "Smile" key(it's on the lower left corner of MKT keyboard.NOT the "Modifine" form's keyboard.)
    7.Test it by input captial letters in the [Quick dual-touch way]

A much better way to see where the modified position go:
    Check the "Show touch points" checkbox on Modifine form.
    You can see two points while you input captial letters that are near the top right corner.
    Red Point - original detected touch point
    Green Point - modified point

I know there's a bug that the new points come but old points were not cleared.as i think you can find out the latest points.and for better running speed.i'm not going to fix it now.

PS.the app's icon(in 32x32 size) writes "没课逃~" which means "No classes to be skipped" in Chinese.
    and Chinese pinyin of the three characters is "Mei Ke Tao",whose shortened (is MKT) is the same as MulKeyTouch's.
    I use it to commemorate my dropping out of school~
    Sorry for my poor English.
    looks promising. keep up the good work :)
    nice one bro, keep it up! :)