[Q] Unable to respond to meeting cancellation requests

Search This thread

bugmenever

Apr 10, 2010
I've spent a fair chunk of time looking for a resolution to this problem here and all over the web but have failed. So, here goes...

When someone sends out a (Outlook) meeting cancellation request, it comes via email but there are no options presented that would allow removal of the meeting from my calendar. On the contrary, when I get a new meeting request, I am able to respond with an accept, decline, etc. Am I missing something? :confused:

bugmenever

Apr 10, 2010
Wow, that sounds ridiculous! I am coming from a Win Mobile 6 device and do not recall ever having such an issue... Lets hope the next update takes care of this :)

swyftmeister

Apr 24, 2007
Deleting Attendee(s) / Adding ad-hoc email address

Also, under WM6.x I was able to remove an attendee from a calendar entry. I cannot see any function for this. Highly annoying because if I accidentally pick the wrong contact then I have to start the meeting creation over again. Breaking the meeting creation process into two parts (meeting, then attendee association) is a partial solution but still inefficient. Especially if you are adding a lot of attendees and goof up the last one.

Oh, and not being able to add an ad-hoc email address in the attendee section is irritating. Having to create the address in your contacts/people hub first is annoying and I might not want them in there permanently.

swyftmeister

Apr 24, 2007
Scratch that last moan about not being able to delete an attendee - it's hidden behind the WP7 "press and hold' trick.