[Q] [Poll] What is your favorite custom ROM?

Favorite ROM?

• Bonsai

Votes: 126 16.4%
  • Viper

Votes: 151 19.6%
  • EpicExperience

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • Nebula

Votes: 78 10.1%
  • TrulyEpic

Votes: 29 3.8%
  • Quantum

Votes: 45 5.9%
  • midNIGHT

Votes: 298 38.8%
  • Frankenstein

Votes: 17 2.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

chnzshyguy

Jun 9, 2006
Dug through 5 pages and didn't see this topic. I'm anxious to try EXT4 on my epic and I was wondering how you all feel about the ROMs you loaded on your phones. What's your favorite and why? What other roms have you tried?

pre2epic4g

Nov 13, 2010
Austin
I'm currently using midnight with ext4 file system and it blows the doors off the two I previously used, epic experience 2.0.0.5 and then bonsai for all 1.0.4

Take care

Reactions: chnzshyguy

jbadboy2007

Sep 22, 2010
Lansing MI
I am using the Viper 3.0.3 + lag fix and quite a few other mods i love this rom and i am very eager to try the ext 4 mod as soon as team viper gets one up.

chnzshyguy

Jun 9, 2006
After going from Bonsai 1.0.4 to Quantum 2.5.0, then back to Bonsai 1.1.1, I gotta say, Bonsai rocks the socks off Quantum. It's so much more smooth and glitch free. I also didn't care for Viper's theme or the attitude from the EpicExperience guy.

JudasD

Aug 16, 2007
i gotta say the poll results surprise me. I suppose what is important to epic owners really does vary.

JD

kenvan19

Dec 7, 2010
i gotta say the poll results surprise me. I suppose what is important to epic owners really does vary.

JD

What surprised you? I'm curious. I was surprised too, however the sample size is small enough that its not really indicative of anything just yet. What surprised me was how many fellow Nebula users there are and how many bonsai users there are. From what I understand those are the two least flashy roms (flashy meaning speedy or pretty or the like) but just plain jane stable roms.

nubsors

Oct 26, 2010
Fremont
I'm using nebula 1.0.6 also ith ext4 and its really minimalistic. I love it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

bighuta

Jul 30, 2009
Aurora,CO
What surprised you? I'm curious. I was surprised too, however the sample size is small enough that its not really indicative of anything just yet. What surprised me was how many fellow Nebula users there are and how many bonsai users there are. From what I understand those are the two least flashy roms (flashy meaning speedy or pretty or the like) but just plain jane stable roms.

I haven't used bonsai rom but Nebula is not only stable but its the zippiest rom I've tried. Currently using Midnight rom. That one's pretty quick as well

skandranon314

Jul 28, 2010
Portland, Oregon
For those reading this topic on tapatalk who cannt read sigs, what are your setups?

Been using acs / ee, but I want to try a rom with ext4. Looking forward to seeing how this thread plays out.

Sent from my EpiC using Tapatalk

kenvan19

Dec 7, 2010
For those reading this topic on tapatalk who cannt read sigs, what are your setups?

Been using acs / ee, but I want to try a rom with ext4. Looking forward to seeing how this thread plays out.

Sent from my EpiC using Tapatalk

Check this sig :)

Sent from my ext4 Epic 4G running Nebula Rom 1.0.6

chnzshyguy

Jun 9, 2006
Just ran mammon's ext4 mod and it is AMAZZZING!! Angry birds loaded up in no time flat. I didn't see a big diff going from rfs to ext4, but getting rid of journalling created a substantial performance improvement!

Paiyne

Mar 4, 2009
Arlington, Tx
Yo, ain't no DK28 rom out right now worth rockin on the Epic outside ViperRom! Heaven or Hell! AfterLife is where it's at. BT and the ViperSquad are on point. Ain't a development team out that can touch these dudes.

ecooce

Nov 13, 2010
Wish I had a team...I do ok by myself I guess.And as far as I know,I have the cleanest/fastest ROM,lol,one sided I know.Just to be honest I voted Frankinstein.

ficjay

Oct 21, 2010
I love the Viper team. Most responsive group out there and forum is kept polite. However, I flashed Bonsai with ext 4 mod yesterday, installed my old data and WOW! It runs so fast and stable. I will pry try something else because I've become a rom addict but this is absolutely the best one I've tried so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wish I had a team...I do ok by myself I guess.And as far as I know,I have the cleanest/fastest ROM,lol,one sided I know.Just to be honest I voted Frankinstein.
    Anyone concerned that the two top results (Midnight and Viper) both hand links to this thread in their build threads? I feel like it is skewing the data.

Currently happy with Bonsai 2.0 with no issues.

I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing thread out. I didn't even know it was there until someone brought it to my attention. I don't think there is anything "shaddy" going on. I have worked with most of the developers in one way shape or form and everyone is really great. I don't see any of this as a competition. I thought this thread was just for fun. I'm honestly amazed how well my ROM has been received. I'm grateful for the support. I don't put any weight into it. I just love building these roms...I use the attention I have gotten to spread Autism Awareness. That's my main reason for doing this. I personally owe a ton to mammon88 and Randy_T...The midNIGHT ROM has a whole lot of bonsai at its core. I don't try to hide that either. They even invited me to test their new release prior to publicly announcing it. This is a great community and we all work together to give you guys better options then the carriers do. Just find a ROM that fits your needs, flash it and enjoy....
    ;)
    Yo, ain't no DK28 rom out right now worth rockin on the Epic outside ViperRom! Heaven or Hell! AfterLife is where it's at. BT and the ViperSquad are on point. Ain't a development team out that can touch these dudes.

Not everybody needs bling. Steve Jobs has a lot more money than any rapper out there and he wears black turtlenecks and jeans. Different strokes my friend. As stated in the initial description, Nebula isn't about trying to have every feature or every fancy addon that one can think of, and certainly not being the bleeding edge of new features that could affect the phone stability. I think there are different demographics for different ROMs and that is perfectly fine. I for one, use my phone for my business and expect some of my users do too. Stability has to be the highest priority in this case. Also, there are other factors that differentiate different projects, like addons, timely releases, support, issue tracking, number of open issues, etc. None of the ROMs of perfect and they all cater to different tastes and users. I for one have no interest in flashy themed type ROMs but MANY people expect that from a rom.
    My current setup is in my Sig but I love it. Its beautiful, smooth, and completely awesome.
    My setup is in my sig too. I've tried almost all and this my favorite.