FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

USING SAMSUNG T-MOBILE VIBRANT T959 on WIND MOBILE.....IN CANADA;)

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By setrepaca, Junior Member on 7th August 2010, 06:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th October 2010, 08:11 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitmoudgil

What is the exact error you are getting ?

when i choose Wind Home... it says...

"SIM CARD DOES NOT ALLOW CONNECTION TO THIS NETWORK"

then it asks me to search again... its the same thing over n and over again.....

mine is T-Mobile Vibrant...Unlocked using the guide found in xda.... i have my brother's Wind Mobile Sim in my T-Mobile while i'm trying this...

can someone help?

Thanx in advance!!!!!!

17th October 2010, 06:27 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidkundi

when i choose Wind Home... it says...

"SIM CARD DOES NOT ALLOW CONNECTION TO THIS NETWORK"

then it asks me to search again... its the same thing over n and over again.....

mine is T-Mobile Vibrant...Unlocked using the guide found in xda.... i have my brother's Wind Mobile Sim in my T-Mobile while i'm trying this...

can someone help?

Thanx in advance!!!!!!

I had this same problem but my phone would usually connect to Wind Home when I tried a second time. The solution I found was to follow the instructions at the beginning of this thread to connect to Wind Home but make sure that the only two bands selected under COMBI BANDS are [7] WCDMA 1700 (FDD IV)[*] and [5] WCDMA 2100 (FDDI)[*]. When I first set mine up, I also had the WCDMA 1900 option starred. Once I turned this off I never had a problem connecting to Wind Home.
26th October 2010, 03:51 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
after following the instruction on here, i haven't been able to get wind data to work; i try loading a web page and it just hangs...

any help will do..

btw, i'm in toronto
11th November 2010, 03:17 AM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysWiz314

I had this same problem but my phone would usually connect to Wind Home when I tried a second time. The solution I found was to follow the instructions at the beginning of this thread to connect to Wind Home but make sure that the only two bands selected under COMBI BANDS are [7] WCDMA 1700 (FDD IV)[*] and [5] WCDMA 2100 (FDDI)[*]. When I first set mine up, I also had the WCDMA 1900 option starred. Once I turned this off I never had a problem connecting to Wind Home.

How did you remove the WCDMA 1900 option? Whenever I click, I only have the option to add it.
18th November 2010, 06:30 PM |#15  

More
To remove the WCDMA 1900 option, first go into [2] WCDMA BAND and select [2] WCDMA 2100(FDD I). This should de-select everything but this one.
Then you can go back to the COMBI BANDS menu and add the other band [7] WCDMA 1700 (FDD IV).
21st December 2010, 03:06 PM |#16  

More
Improved with Froyo?
Any news on whether the switch between Home and Away has improved with 2.2 Froyo?

Do I understand correctly that the phone will automatically switch from Home to Away but not back? Once you switch back manually to Home, will it automatically switch to Away the next time you leave your home zone?

Thank you in advance
23rd December 2010, 07:04 PM |#17  

More
I just flashed to the Froyo ROM found here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=740558
last night and it seems to have fixed the Wind Home problem.
My settings are now
= ACQUISITION ORDER = ... [3] UMTS->GMS[*]
= BAND SELECTION = ... [1] AUTOMATIC[*]

This seems to be the default setting after I flashed the ROM as I didn't change anything. My phone now connects to Wind Home when I start it up. I have not tried leaving the city (Edmonton) to see if it automatically connects to Wind Away though.
The Following User Says Thank You to PhysWiz314 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PhysWiz314 Ad-Free
27th December 2010, 07:19 AM |#18  
Flag Vancouver

More
Vibrant in Vancouver?
I'm wondering if anybody gotten this to work in Vancouver...

After I gone through the process and selected WCDMA 1700 (FDD IV)[*] and [5] WCDMA 2100 (FDDI)[*], my phone cannot seem to find Wind Home at all.

I tried at various locations around town and only picked it up around Main & SW Marine Dr. The signal quickly dropped to 0 when I drove away.

The phone has no problem picking up Wind Away once I reset it to auto select.
Is this just a network thing or there's more settings to change for the phone? Surely the network can't be that bad.

Thanks in advance!
28th December 2010, 08:32 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightning

I'm wondering if anybody gotten this to work in Vancouver...

Yep, I've set this up and it works fine. Generally Wind's network seems to show only 1-2 bars and I've noticed the radio always runs over 100dbHz. But its rare to have no coverage at all. Steps were unlock, 1700 & 2100 like you mentioned, acquisition order UTMS > GSM, internet APN set for internet.windmobile.ca. This was all done on a 2.2 vibrant and i have used this combo on jk2, jk6, jl1, jl4 modems without problems- jl4 seemed to work best.
The Following User Says Thank You to west-siiiyyde For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift west-siiiyyde Ad-Free
1st January 2011, 05:02 PM |#20  
Flag Vancouver

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by west-siiiyyde

Yep, I've set this up and it works fine. Generally Wind's network seems to show only 1-2 bars and I've noticed the radio always runs over 100dbHz. But its rare to have no coverage at all. Steps were unlock, 1700 & 2100 like you mentioned, acquisition order UTMS > GSM, internet APN set for internet.windmobile.ca. This was all done on a 2.2 vibrant and i have used this combo on jk2, jk6, jl1, jl4 modems without problems- jl4 seemed to work best.

I guess it's a modem problem then. The phone tends to drop to 0 signal but can call & receive fine. Not sure if this is the cause of the battery drain. 10% over 7 hours even just on idle with only 3G running.

I'm a noob, running 2.1 stock. Never flashed anything before. What's the safest route to getting this fix? Root it, install ROM manager, backup then flash a 2.2 ROM or just flash the jl4 modem?
6th January 2011, 03:33 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightning

I'm a noob, running 2.1 stock. Never flashed anything before. What's the safest route to getting this fix? Root it, install ROM manager, backup then flash a 2.2 ROM or just flash the jl4 modem?

Since posting that I tried JL5 and have found its better on battery! Its a 2.2 modem so you'd have to root and pick a custom rom from the vibrant dev section depending on what you like. There's a bunch of quality 2.2 roms with JL5 modems available now and they aren't hard to install.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)