Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I guess you can add "unable to take criticism" to your resumé... not funny

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App

2nd January 2011, 10:47 AM |#1252  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanx Erasmux. I enjoyed your contribition to this 'community' and your products even more.
Flykernel will be on my Hero for a long time. The Hero has a second live with you developers doing this for a hobby. But if it is not hobby anymore and consuming al your time you have to take care.

All the best.
2nd January 2011, 11:14 AM |#1253  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 459

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellor

It really is a shame, some people can't let others leave in peace. If you take the time to check your arguments you would see how wrong you are. Just this morning, after already leaving I spent half an hour preparing something for a dev from a different device who contacted me by PM. All my sources, are and have always been up to date. I have taken literally hours to write guides for devs at all levels so that my work is more accessible to them. Generally speaking, most of my changes have been updated on my github as soon as I did them, a long time before I released them - all this so other developers can see them as soon as possible.

Anyway enough "defending" myself. As you may have noticed, bellor touched a nerve. I will not visit XDA again, because bellor is completely right about one thing: /me is "unable to take (false) criticism".

Finally, once again I would like to thank all of you that have supported me and helped with the bug hunting, and for the kind words by most of you.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to erasmux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erasmux Ad-Free
2nd January 2011, 11:36 AM |#1254  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

More
sad to u go. have much enjoyed using your roms and kernels for a long time, your work is much appreciated. best of luck to you.
2nd January 2011, 01:33 PM |#1255  

More
Well, I have to say I am a bit sad, I am using your kernel and ROM and it definitely has made my hero a better device. Thanks a lot for that and all the time you have invested in this. I suspect I will keep using floyo and flykernel for a long time before and if at all something comparable comes along. May your future work be more appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasmux

After careful consideration, I have decided to take an unlimited absence from android development. My reasons are mainly personal, but I will say that it really is a shame that the hero has talented developers but no real development community. Almost all developers stick to themselves and to some extent, you get the impression they are doing you a favor if they share anything with you. Not to speak about the possibility of working on something together....

Note to users: I hope you appreciate the enormous efforts and sacrifices the developers are putting in to make your devices run better.

Note to developers: quit while you can

I might return when I have more time to devout to android development. For my personal shake, I really hope I don't.

Live well and proper V

2nd January 2011, 01:37 PM |#1256  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Hi erasmux,

As I very rarely post here I've never actually thanked you for your efforts in the hero community, specifically flykernel. Your work really is appreciated and I hope you can take some sense of achievement / satisfaction in that some of the top roms are using your kernel as standard, or recommending it.

With reference to documentation / support ; I'm not a Dev so can't confirm either way but from what I've seen on these forums, you do seem the type to go out your way to help out & document your work.

Would just like to add that from my experience you're one of the 'good ones ' and will be missed. You have almost single-handedly extended the life of my hero and for that I thank you.

Have a nice break (as I hope its just a break!)

Thanks again, really hope you still help out with the .34 / .35 project

2nd January 2011, 01:41 PM |#1257  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Dokkum
Thanks Meter: 297

More
I really hope I don't have a stake in this?
Good luck with the assignments, I guess those take a role as well
2nd January 2011, 01:50 PM |#1258  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Good luck and thanks for what you have done in this community
2nd January 2011, 02:12 PM |#1259  

More
Excellent work, can't express how much I appreciate your work! Hope you'll change your mind and stick around for at least a little while longer.

Also setting the min/max frequency in the filename is genius!
2nd January 2011, 02:56 PM |#1260  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasmux

After careful consideration, I have decided to take an unlimited absence from android development. My reasons are mainly personal, but I will say that it really is a shame that the hero has talented developers but no real development community. Almost all developers stick to themselves and to some extent, you get the impression they are doing you a favor if they share anything with you. Not to speak about the possibility of working on something together....

Note to users: I hope you appreciate the enormous efforts and sacrifices the developers are putting in to make your devices run better.

Note to developers: quit while you can

I might return when I have more time to devout to android development. For my personal shake, I really hope I don't.

Live well and proper V

Dude, you've made a distinct impression on the hero and HTC community, if other dev's don't want to play nice or appreciate the work you do, then that is a greater loss to the development community. Hope you decide to come back one day mate, all the best for the future.

Darren.
2nd January 2011, 03:02 PM |#1261  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellor

I'm sorry but that is such a d*uchebag comment. No wonder the poor guy is leaving!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)