132 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By Sl4sher, Senior Member on 27th April 2010, 02:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2010, 09:46 PM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
voip app
Yeah i've been learning that this is the type of problem i'm facing. It seems pretty simple to me if a browser/chat client can exist on pc then it should be pretty basic to put it in use for wm6.

I could really care less about the incoming calls really, just the ability to make outgoing calls through google voice like you can do within a web browser on a pc.

I have read through countless threads about configuring this and that, sip configs and voip accounts and basically it sounds like skype is the cheapest solution. I have enough wifi around to not need cell service. While I can use an app to send/receive text messages for free over wifi through google voice the calling factor is obviously a big problem for big phone companies to allow. I mostly use text anyway so the occasional phone call is pretty rare...

I think its the future. Cell signals fry your human cells give cancer. As smoking was in the past its being denied by the people who make hand over fist money, but is a big warning in all the smartphone manuals today. The iphone manual for example says to not hold the phone to your head or store/hold it within 3/4" of your body.. lol. Maybe wifi and/or bluetooth is dangerous too, but its not quite as dangerous. Screw big phone companies.. in fact thats why most of us come to these forums is to improve their garbage... too bad their signal can't be cleaned up and made safe.

thanks for the answer.

29th December 2010, 10:46 PM |#322  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncraterx

Yeah i've been learning that this is the type of problem i'm facing. It seems pretty simple to me if a browser/chat client can exist on pc then it should be pretty basic to put it in use for wm6.

I could really care less about the incoming calls really, just the ability to make outgoing calls through google voice like you can do within a web browser on a pc.

The way google voice makes outgoing calls via the browser is again, by calling your phone the old fashioned way, there's no voip portion of google voice. Skype may well be your best option, I don't use it personally.

Quote:

I think its the future. Cell signals fry your human cells give cancer.

Ehh, soon iTumors will be a fashionable item, like a dock growing out if the side of your head, embrace it. /derail
29th December 2010, 10:51 PM |#323  

More
Ehh, soon iTumors will be a fashionable item, like a dock growing out if the side of your head, embrace it. /derail[/QUOTE]

hahah nice one and probably true! *waits for steve jobs to steal this one and market it*

thanks for the explanation on how google voice is working. I haven't tried it since i turned off my phone so i've lost that functionality too i suppose hah. Well skype it is. thanks.
30th December 2010, 02:21 PM |#324  

More
ermmm google voip?
So i took what you said and went home and tested out calling from my browser. Since my phone is now de-activated it should work right? Well with google talk (which may be googles sip/voip offering?) it works. Doesn't require my cell phone at all. hrmmm well anyway thought i would let you know in case you didn't. it works!

Seems like someone could figure out how to get google talk working on wm6.x i'd happily donate generously to someone who did.
3rd January 2011, 01:09 AM |#325  
OP Senior Member

More
New Year, New Version!

Autologin was a glaring omission so it's in and we've got initial support for multiple accounts. Let me know how much interest there is for that feature so I know whether to develop it further.

So I present:
(0.7.5)

Auto Login
Autologin option added to start screen. Untick it to interrupt it and make changes.

Per account cache
Each username gets it's own cache file. So you can use GVV with multiple accounts. I don't think you can use a character in an email address that you can't use in a filename, prove me wrong and I'll change the naming system. (You may be able to break something by typing junk into the username field but everything should work for real usernames)

Fixed
Busy icon over messages no longer over messages.

You will loose access to your cache due to the naming change!
If you want to keep it, rename the voicemail.xml and sms.xml files to username-voicemail.xml and username-sms.xml.

Get it from the first post as always.

Let me know what features you guys still want added to this.

Happy New Year!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sl4sher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sl4sher Ad-Free
3rd January 2011, 06:57 AM |#326  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Thanks Meter: 2,284

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl4sher

The way google voice makes outgoing calls via the browser is again, by calling your phone the old fashioned way, there's no voip portion of google voice.

Google voice can also be direct dialied, similar to a credit card call, logging on, sending a "2" followed by the number to dial, no? In any event, with a data plan it makes no difference how it is done.
3rd January 2011, 07:01 AM |#327  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Thanks Meter: 2,284

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl4sher

New Year, New Version!

Happy New Year!

Thanks, sounds terrific! Happy New Year to you as well!

The one quick thing that comes to mind (you asked what else ) is possibly calling a number from the calls list, in addition to contacts. If someone called me who is not in my contacts it'd be nice to call them back via GV even if I don't want to add them to contacts.

Just a thought...
4th January 2011, 01:31 AM |#328  
OP Senior Member

More
I've seen that requested before, if I can get access to that data via pocket outlook I'll add it in.
8th January 2011, 03:13 AM |#329  
Flag Someplace in CT
Thanks Meter: 155

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So i took what you said and went home and tested out calling from my browser. Since my phone is now de-activated it should work right? Well with google talk (which may be googles sip/voip offering?) it works. Doesn't require my cell phone at all. hrmmm well anyway thought i would let you know in case you didn't. it works!

Seems like someone could figure out how to get google talk working on wm6.x i'd happily donate generously to someone who did.

Yea, I know, I have used Google talk a hand full of times, I wish I could use it with this app. that would kick A$$...

At the end of the month when it's getting tight on min, I could dial out with google talk and make my calls with my unlimited internet.
22nd January 2011, 05:51 PM |#330  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
SMS message scrolling
This is a great application, realy like the contact look up feature and voicemail. I am having some trouble with SMS. I can send and receive SMS, but I can't read all of the message because I can't figure out how to scroll to the end of the message. It seems this is not available. Please advise, and am certainly looking forward to next release. Using Samsung Omnia 2 i920 stock rom
23rd January 2011, 02:35 AM |#331  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The new functionality is working very nicely - Thank You very much. I have a bit of feedback and suggestions below for your consideration.

I noticed that the settings for using the dialer are not independent per account. That means when I login to a different account I have to change the GV account telephone number each time. I would request that you store account information independently to allow completely different account setups. It would also be nice to have a list of accounts to select from at startup if multiple accounts are already setup. That way I could select the account I want or I could select one to automatically login with.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google voice

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)