Best case out there

Search This thread

gkallivrousis

Dec 19, 2010
Hey guys i was wondering what case you would recommend. im very picky with cases since i dont like bulking my phone up but i also dont want to worry about scratches i wish phantomskinz had something. let me know please

Droid316

Oct 30, 2010
Hey guys i was wondering what case you would recommend. im very picky with cases since i dont like bulking my phone up but i also dont want to worry about scratches i wish phantomskinz had something. let me know please

Truthfully verizons body glove case is best for non bulkyness.Very stable fits well .ect.

bgs_piece

Aug 15, 2010
Personally I have tried the Body Glove case and I like the Otter Box Commuter case a little better. The new Seidio Innocase Active is also a very nice case; a close second to the Otter Box.

seanubis

Sep 27, 2010
Throwing in a vote for the Body Glove case.. great fit with just enough bulk to give you that warm protected feeling :)

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

You should check out Techie Warehouse. If you go to the Covers & Skins area for the Droid X you'll find over 300 covers to choose from.

Best one I got laying around was not a Seidio, Otterbox or Trident... it was the Dual Layer Vertex Covers just google "techie warehouse vertex cover for droid x"

I quote from our product description about this product "The Motorola Droid X gets ultimate protection. A Screen Protector and two virtual walls of defense. The inner silicone core absorbs shock from bumps and drops. A hard polycarbonate exterior shell prevents cuts, scrapes, dings, and damage for the Motorola Droid X."

Let me know what you think of it.

Last edited:

BFS1983

Jan 18, 2011

I have had the Otterbox, Seidio, Innocase, Verizon, Kragen, but I didnt really like any of them. Iphone cases are so much more refined compared to these.

The Otterbox Seidio, and Kragen cases are too bulky, the Innocase looks good but broke on me, and the Verizon Kickstand Case was too cheaply made.

There is a guy from another forum thats making a phone case. It looks great but its not for sale yet, I am personally looking forward to it because he claims its easy to open and has a bunch of other features. It looks absolutely beautiful, so lets hope he can pull this off.

Right now Im using a cheap Ebay Silicone case, its not great either but it was only $2 and thats value for money. I also got a Smartphone Coaster, its a cheap bit of tin but it does the job for now.

Maxgap1705

Sep 23, 2010
+1 For the Body Glove

I really enjoy my Body Glove, Although I've managed to wear out the snap on the lower left side by removing the case over time to do a battery pull and it no longer holds securely.

I have a Green Trident Kraken on order, due to arrive today actually assuming UPS will brave the icy roads, Good reviews on protection but they all admit to the sacrifice of sleekness.

rocko73

Jan 30, 2011
The pliable verizon silicone case is nice and it fits with extended battery-Motorola and cover. You can find them for $10 online or eBay.

Check ebay item #250759993717

Riddlin

Jul 19, 2010
I bought a Sedieo Innocase Surface back in December it cracked in half in January. They are really nice looking, but if you ever have to do a battery pull or if you want to use your car dock, forget about getting it out of the damn case. It fits way to tight. So I am back to the ole Silicone case, which works fine, but sucks if you put it in your pocket, cause it sticks to cloth / jean material.

Last edited:

OffDatGoGo

Oct 21, 2010
MD
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'm on my 2nd Body Glove case.

Dislikes: Rubber texture deteriorates, weak tabs will not survive impact.

It has kept my DX from scratches but the tabs that snap it together break too easily. First was replaced under warranty. I think I will kick out the $ for an Otter.

Jawcase

Feb 9, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
www.jawcase.com
I'm on my 2nd Body Glove case.

Dislikes: Rubber texture deteriorates, weak tabs will not survive impact.

It has kept my DX from scratches but the tabs that snap it together break too easily. First was replaced under warranty. I think I will kick out the $ for an Otter.

Those cases with tabs that snap together aren't meant to be taken apart, after 4 or 5 times they will break. I created a case that opens easily, has no tiny tabs to break and has a multitude of other features.

I've also taken great care to make sure that the case is placed further away from the screen and buttons making it easy to touch the screen and press the buttons on the bottom.

There's space for the OEM extended battery, an extra micro SD card, and even an ID or credit card.

The case also functions as a stand and car mount, my case allows you to watch movies, make movies, capture photos, and use your phones GPS in your car with ease. These features not only work with the Motorola Droid X but with other cases, other phones, and even some other electronic devices such as digital cameras.

The case isn't any more expensive then other high quality cases either. Its 20 bucks and made from the same high strength plastic as other high end cases, so basically if your in the market for a case and other accessories you can pay for just the case and get the rest for free essentially.

If you think this case must be huge and weigh a lot you'd be surprised, its really a simple concept, its almost like a normal cellphone case but we've changed a the design a bit to allow it to function as an adjustable stand.

I can't post links yet so you'll have to google "Jawcase" to find more info, pics, and videos.

Droid_Hellion

Nov 6, 2010
I like the Jawcase concept. Alot. I pledged. And good luck with getting your project off the ground Heather. Hope it gets funded.

Penguin1084

Nov 7, 2010
I've gone through 3 body gloves now with my 4th's clips are broken yet again....

I think its a bit ridiculous that I cant take my phone case off because the clips can't stand it.

I need to find a new case, and I'm thinking of just going with one of the hard-ish silicone cases. The body glove looks great when you buy it, but the rubber wears away like no tomorrow and the clips are destroyed after a couple battery pulls. I had one for my enV touch and it lasted the entire lifespan of the phone with minor tears and such. My droid x's can't last anymore than maybe a month. Don't get me wrong, the body gloves are wonderful, but I'm clearly not having a good experience with it or maybe I'm not handling it properly

ace417

Dec 21, 2010
+1 for the body glove case. I havent had any issues with the tabs, but i always open it at the bottom with a coin.

Btros

Nov 11, 2010
I bought a Sedieo Innocase Surface back in December it cracked in half in January. They are really nice looking, but if you ever have to do a battery pull or if you want to use your car dock, forget about getting it out of the damn case. It fits way to tight. So I am back to the ole Silicone case, which works fine, but sucks if you put it in your pocket, cause it sticks to cloth / jean material.

Shoot...I was pretty much sold on the Innocase Surface case, was gonna order one in the next few days. I've tried the cheap TPU case, the cheap 2-piece snap together case, maybe I'll try the Verizon silicon one instead of the Innocase.