WIFI Analyzer and non-sense roms

Search This thread

perknite

First I want to thank the devs for their work. Without you guys we would not get to enjoy the many flavors of "Frozen Yogurt" on the Slide.

I have used CR_Mod and 3rd Sense longer than any other roms. The reason? Because WIFI Analyzer works on those two roms. The app has been useful when performing quick and dirty wireless network tweaks on the job. The issue I run into with all of the other roms on the Slide is that the device cannot detect what channel the network is broadcasting on.

Again, this only happens on non-sense froyo roms (as far as I can tell... have not used non-sense 2.1). Does anyone else use this app? If so, have you run into this issue? My fear is that it is driver related, and official source froyo for the Slide will be necessary to fix it.

Anaway, please chime in... even if it is to tell me I'm th only nerd that uses this app:D.

Sent from my Cyanogingered myTouch Slide using the XDA app

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
I have not tried using it yet, but I am running the latest CM nightly (212). I could test this out tonight when I get back from the office. Have you already applied the CM Wifi Fix?

perknite

I have not tried using it yet, but I am running the latest CM nightly (212). I could test this out tonight when I get back from the office. Have you already applied the CM Wifi Fix?
Thanks for checking it out, fermunky. I actually did try the wifi fix. My wifi worked fine before (with this small exception). Same thing after the fix. It's not that big of a deal. More of a convenince than a necessity, as my wifi works fine otherwise. It is a sad indicator of the slow htc espresso development, however.

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
Well, as mentioned I can try it when I return home. My company heavily enforces the rule of using absolutely no wifi in our building, and I like my job :) Is the app just Wifi Analyzer in the market for free?

perknite

Well, as mentioned I can try it when I return home. My company heavily enforces the rule of using absolutely no wifi in our building, and I like my job :) Is the app just Wifi Analyzer in the market for free?
Of course! I refrain from wifi at work also. It is in fact "Wifi Analyzer" and it is free in the market.

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
Well, not sure exactly what you're looking for, I chose to view the Channel Rating, and selected my AP. Strangely, it says Current Channel: 0 and of course no rating, but it does list all 14 channels and their respective ratings. Anything specific you want me to try?

perknite

Well, not sure exactly what you're looking for, I chose to view the Channel Rating, and selected my AP. Strangely, it says Current Channel: 0 and of course no rating, but it does list all 14 channels and their respective ratings. Anything specific you want me to try?
That's the problem I was pointing out... "Current Channel: 0". The reason it stood out to me was because when I go to an office and want to quickly check the network I have no idea what channel its broadcasting on. Of course its not that big of a hassle to open my laptop, but when I switched to non-sense roms it was annoying. Glad to know its not just my device. I just flashed the the 3rdSense update and now it works perfectly (shrugs shoulders).

Sent from my 3rdSensed myTouch Slide using the XDA app

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
Glad I could help. I am running CM6 nightly 212 with the Wifi fix mentioned earlier, just for reference.

I should also mention though that the wifi fix doesn't appear to have helped any. But at the same time, I am using the standard Linksys wrt54g, thats about 4 years old now, so probably time for an update/upgrade.

danielblakes

Nov 18, 2010
Orlando, FL, U.S.A.
I ran into this problem yesterday. All features of wifi analyzer work except channel listing!
It's aggrevating to say the least.
Sent from my Rooted T-Mobile Mytouch 3G Slide using the XDA Developers App!

Brew78

Jun 17, 2011
Finally, found a thread with the problem I'm facing! Good lord, I've spent days trying combinations of search terms that would net something other than endless pages of how to change the channel of an AP.

Anyway, any update on this issue? I'd really like to optimize a couple networks and Wifi Analyzer would be really helpful if only it could tell me what channels all these networks are on!

I've tried cmod 7.1 RC1 as well as 7.0.3, and have updated the radio to the latest 7.15 (if that's even still the latest), but still no channels being read.