T-mobile SGH-T849 access to voice +2G/3G/HSDA + video calls for non US users

Search This thread

irkkso

Mar 14, 2008
T-mobile SGH-T849 access to voice +2G/3G/HSDA + video calls for non US users!

Tested with Roto JME Pre-Rooted Firmware ! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=894763

Based on Roto T-Mobile Modem Switcher! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=871021

!carefully follow ROTO's modemswitch installation instructions!

1. download the T959uvjl5 modem http://rapidshare.com/#!download|963...odem.tar|12584
2. unzip into your /sdcard/modemswitch/
3. rename modem.bin in to ROTO-3G_modem.bin
4. switch modems from GScript Lite! Enjoy.

A LOT OF THANKS TO ROTOHAMMER! MY T-MOBILE GALAXY TAB IS FULLY WORKING DEVICE NOW!
1294314014542.jpg
1294314072682.jpg
1294314096014.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nguyenphucthanh

a1jatt

Dec 22, 2007
Is it something new or just instructions for installing roto`s modem switcher?
Can u make calls on AWS?
In canada voice calls are only possible as canadian aws carriers do not have gsm network.

ayman07

Feb 25, 2010
the link to the modem doesnt work. i doubt this will give US tmobile folks 3G and phone tho.

rangercaptain

Oct 27, 2010
West Coast of California
I have read so many threads and I need answers.
1. How do US T-mobile users get 3g and phone?
2. Will the modem switcher do this?
3. What is the most current rom to install?

Sent from my sofa using XDA App

mywingtophone

Aug 20, 2007
The title is very misleading. It's wether 2g and voice or 3g only made available using the modem switcher. :p

It will never be like the AT&T that can use 3g and voice. Boo!

Technomancer

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2010
SF Bay Area
The title is very misleading. It's wether 2g and voice or 3g only made available using the modem switcher. :p

It will never be like the AT&T that can use 3g and voice. Boo!

He used modem from a cell phone that can do both voice and 3G. The modem switcher is just used to flash the modem but is completely unnecessary, he could have used redbend or heimdall just to flash the modem and be done with it. This is a major win for TMO users.

irkkso

Mar 14, 2008
He used modem from a cell phone that can do both voice and 3G. The modem switcher is just used to flash the modem but is completely unnecessary, he could have used redbend or heimdall just to flash the modem and be done with it. This is a major win for TMO users.

Yes you are right! but I wished to make modemswitch process more safe for users who do not like use Odin or heimdall flashing several times

a1jatt

Dec 22, 2007
It might work for tmobile /wind users as well if somebody can replace RIL libraries / modules with vibrant stuff.

wawoox

Nov 14, 2010
so this modem can be flashed with odin, and will it work with any rom or the euro rom only ??

SanShine

Apr 25, 2009
Big thanks to author of thread. It's helped me a lot! A thought that problem im my tablets receiver ^^
But now appeared another problem – leak of battery. During night, in sleep mode it’s discharges on 30% (around).
Can u propose another modem?

Jan 16, 2010
Thanks @irkkso for this post and @android-rules for your mirror link. I using T-mobile Tab version with [ROM] Overcome 1.6.3.

Mobile Carrier: Viettel Mobile.

I was unable to use 3G with phone call but now I have both on my Tab. Thanks so much.

My result: (I don't have a screen shot to show you guys) "H" sign (HSDPA right?) on notification bar and, of course, phone function works!

Thanks again.

triplex76

May 25, 2008
it works just as I've said in other previous posts cause it's a galaxys tmobile modem but it got the max step volume bug on JMx firmwares.the max volume is two steps back than what it should be after it decreases...this is issue is not present on if you use it on jk5 firmwares.same things happen if you use jk5 modem on jmx firmwares-...but I'm trying to fix it asap:)

Top Liked Posts