By kenyu73, Senior Member on 9th December 2010, 09:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th January 2011, 11:23 PM |#261  
Thanks Meter: 409

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla74

Thank you YoMarK and blazingwolf for the replies. blazingwolf, are you also using the latest firmware 2.0.71? I sent an email to Archos.. still no reply. I'll wait another day for Archos tech support.. if I don't get a reply I'll try another reset. I was hoping I was done with those though.

Thanks,
Tesla

Yes. I am using 2.0.71.
6th January 2011, 11:24 PM |#262  
Thanks Meter: 409

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen44

no not on the archos - i meant in my google account ?

just a thought

Then the answer is no.
7th January 2011, 07:31 AM |#263  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Well I got a reply back from Archos tech support.. they said, "This unit doesn't have GPS capabilities." I never even mentioned GPS. I asked for help getting wifi network location working. Oh well. I'll try another reset and see what happens.

Tesla
7th January 2011, 08:37 AM |#264  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:

Well I got a reply back from Archos tech support.. they said, "This unit doesn't have GPS capabilities." I never even mentioned GPS. I asked for help getting wifi network location working. Oh well. I'll try another reset and see what happens.

Tesla

It's funny how NetworkLocation doesn't work with a stock Archos, but mine works great with V5-final installed (after my last reset a few weeks ago). No special tricks to get it working. Reset, install V5-final and it just works.

Do you have "Use wireless networks" selected under "Location and Security" settings? Sorry if you checked this already.. I didn't read the last 30+ posts...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kenyu73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kenyu73 Ad-Free
7th January 2011, 04:09 PM |#265  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi I downloaded gAppsInstaller_v5-final.apk and installed it via files app. Then I rebooted, but I cannot find Market in order to do the Market fix. What step did I do wrong? It was a new Archos70 250GB first time installation does not work so I reset Android following the instructions here and re-install gAppsInstaller_v5-final, still Market application does not turn up. Please advise. Thanks.
7th January 2011, 08:33 PM |#266  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by archos168

Hi I downloaded gAppsInstaller_v5-final.apk and installed it via files app. Then I rebooted, but I cannot find Market in order to do the Market fix. What step did I do wrong? It was a new Archos70 250GB first time installation does not work so I reset Android following the instructions here and re-install gAppsInstaller_v5-final, still Market application does not turn up. Please advise. Thanks.

Are you running the latest firmware (2.2 FroYo), or are you still on 2.1 Eclair (what the Archos comes with, stock)? I believe this is only for devices running FroYo.
7th January 2011, 11:48 PM |#267  

More
Firmware comes with the stock.
8th January 2011, 01:53 AM |#268  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by archos168

Firmware comes with the stock.

Free update to 2.0.71 (2.2.1)

Settings > About device > Firmware update
8th January 2011, 04:36 AM |#269  

More
Quote:

Free update to 2.0.71 (2.2.1)

Settings > About device > Firmware update

Tesla thanks for reply, do I install gAppsInstaller first then update to 2.0.71 or update firmware first? I tried to reset Android, re-booted, then install firmware from 2.0.54 to 2.0.71 it says updated but when i rebooted again and check, the version is still 2.0.54

Edit: I managed to update firmware to 2.0.71 now, let me reset Android and start all over.

Hi all, if my market fix does not work, can you just repeat market fix itself or do I have to reistall gAppsInstaller all over again?
8th January 2011, 08:41 AM |#270  

More
@archos168
It should work now! Don't forget to do the Market fix on page 1.. you'll have to do this twice or more to get all the non protected apps. My test is to search for Google Maps. Keep repeating (including reboot) until Google Maps show up in the search.

@everyone
I figured out my Network Location problem. The reason it doesn't work is not software, but my actual location is not in the database. It uses MAC addresses not IP - strange! I live out in the country. I'll have to go into town and test to make sure, but from what I've been reading this is the problem.

Also, from what I've read, for my router mac to get added to the database.. someone with an android phone with gps and wifi has to be in range of my router and my router has to be public (non-secure) or I would have to setup wifi on the phone.

An alternative to Google's Network Location is Skyhook. It works the same way, but not many apps for Android yet. Motorola uses Skyhook on their phones.

http://skyhookwireless.com/
http://www.skyhookwireless.com/press...okmotorola.php

Tesla
8th January 2011, 09:57 AM |#271  

More
Hi Tesla, if my market fix does not work, can I just repeat market fix itself or do I have to reistall gAppsInstaller all over again? When I say it does not work it means there are many apps not available.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)