[ROM] Roto JME Pre-Rooted Firmware v4 [Jan 9, 2011]

Search This thread

b0ricuaguerrero

Sep 30, 2007
brooklyn, N.Y
About Swype and Dolphin HD I'm in the same case but manage to fix the problem for Swype using my rotobackup performed before flashing to RotoJME thanks to Rotohammer advices.

With this backup you can extract two files from your previous firmware (/system/app/Swype.apk and /system/lib/libSwypeCore.so

In order to navigate into your rotobackup please install MagicISO (http://www.magiciso.com/)
With MagicISO open the factoryfs.rfs file from your rotobackup and then navigate to /system/app folder to find Swype.apk and just extract somewhere on your computer this file (let's say C:\Swype\).
Repeat the operation with libSwypeCore.so file located in /system/lib

Once you have those two files, you next going to send them to your Tab.

I've used adb to do this.

adb shell
mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /dev/block/stl9 /system
exit

adb shell
cd /system/app
mv Swype.apk Swype.apk.20110106
cd /system/lib
mv libSwypeCore.so libSwypeCore.so.20110106
exit

then with dos command change dir on your computer to where you've stored the previous Swype files (Swype.apk and libSwypeCore.so form your Rotobackup factoryfs.rfs file)

for instance cd c:\Swype\
then
adb push Swype.apk /system/app/
adb push libSwypeCore.so /system/lib/

Then reboot with this last command :
adb reboot

This has worked for me like a charm.

All these operations had been largely inspired from these two threads. Thanks to Fido for the great info.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=879569&highlight=rfs
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=879570

Hope it helps, even if I'm really a noob as I'm playing with Android for less than 2 weeks ;)

By the way, I just want to address a big thank to rotohammer for his great job and to the whole XDA community making things really easier to understand and to perform.

hmm weird.. i fix the widscreen issue but now it doesnt swype.

rsakuma

Sep 7, 2008
Member A: "I just flashed cwm and now my Tab is fail"
Member B: "Wow, can I fail too? Show me how!"
Member C: "Look at me fail over here too, Wheee!"
Member D: "I'm just a poor noob, will some one plz hlp me fail? plz?"
Rotohammer: "facepalm"
Roto, you lulzy SOB.
Thanks for being one of the only ones with the stock tmo firmware too.

realerdom

Jun 9, 2010
Dortmund
Hello together!
I has changed the framework res with the framework from Nova, Tab reboots and stuck ob Samsung Logo,vibraiting sometimes! I have done factory reset but IT dident helb, any ideas what to do? Thanks!!

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

I have the same problem too.
Also crashes often.

Thnx Roto

did you guys do any Dalvik cache cleanup w/Titanium after flashing?

i know i did cleanup my dalvik cache w/titantium and have not had problems w/gallery FC and Roto JME. however, i don't have too many photos on my tab either, just 2 picasa galleries of wallpapers and some photos i took w/the Tab.

adinis78

Sep 29, 2010
Harrison, NJ
Installed last night after messing my tab trying to install JMA from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=866260, not sure if it was me or the firmware. The only issue i have is that the Panzer Panic app keeps giving me a FC, is there a fix?. Other than that everything is running fine. I am now able to have Voice + Edge (Getting Edge after following steps here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=876178) and i have also installed the Modem Switcher if i want to use 3G (no voice of course).

great work Roto.

i have read all post on this thread and have not seen this posted, after installing the JME firmware i noticed that he pinch zoom is gone, has anyone experienced this? anyway to get it back to work? i have tried it on both the stock browser and the Dolphin browser, i went as far as deleting and re-installing the Dolphin browser and still same issue. apart from that no issues.

xpgroup

Feb 26, 2010
Working pinch zoom

thanks to EDV11 & Dolphin support.... to fix the dolphin pinch zoom, download & install the attached file

i have read all post on this thread and have not seen this posted, after installing the JME firmware i noticed that he pinch zoom is gone, has anyone experienced this? anyway to get it back to work? i have tried it on both the stock browser and the Dolphin browser, i went as far as deleting and re-installing the Dolphin browser and still same issue. apart from that no issues.

Attachments

• DolphinBrowser_v4.2.0_6021_PinchZoomFix.apk
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:

rgbc

Jun 15, 2009
Vancouver
Flashed over JMk5 and everything works well, except the pinch to zoom doesn't work on Dolphin HD and also I got a little swype keyboard in the middle of the screen, which is really ugly and useless. Is there a fix to bring back the previous one??

Thanks Roto, ur the man :D

In Roto-KA1 Swype v2.4.44.10881 is full-screen and pinch to zoom is working in the market version of DolphinHD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, I finished rooting/packaging JME for yous guys.

If you want to install ClockWorkMod, use CF-Root as its tested to work with Roto-JME and it does not change your filesystem format!
    Get it here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10053743&postcount=1
    Flash CF-Root after Roto-JME has completed its installation rebooting and you test that Roto-JME is working ok.

These firmwares are for any GSM Tab, whether you have protected bootloaders or not. They don't contain and won't install protected bootloaders either.

All the files are here:
    http://files.deodexed.com/ModADroid-Galaxy-Tablet/Rotohammer/JME/

Please backup your apps and settings with Titanium Backup from the market.
    Write down ALL your current APN settings in Settings/Wireless/Mobile/Access Point Names/, the one with the green dot next to it. There is 14 settings in all.

New Jan 9, 2011 Roto-JME-v4
    Fixes:
    • Full landscape Swype
    • OpenVPN works with CF-Root
    • Diodict FC fix
    • added car home
    • added all language locales
    • full version wipes sdcard
    • slipped Program Monitor widget back in
    Code:
    619fc4b3cb21ebd9cce0ca2dc827d8e1  Roto-JME-Full-v4.zip
    a945da9d28945132de1f509d1a1ee51b  Roto-JME-Upgrade-v4.zip

From the feedback I've got so far, if you run a stock or JJx version firmware, you must flash the Full firmware with the pit file. If you have any JMx firmware currently, then you can flash the Upgrade firmware without the pit file.

New Jan 8, 2011 Roto-JME-v3
    Version 3 is a different direction. Stock gallery is back, along with all the other apps that everyone missed.
    Files removed:
    • Maps
    • install_flash_player
    • Gmail
    • StreetView
    • Zinio
    • Kobo
    • PressReader
    Files Added:
    • AppWidgetPicker
    • Ebook
    • cifs.ko
    • slow-work.ko
    • tun.ko
    • module loader script
    • perf tweaks
    The new downloads:
    • Roto-JME-Upgrade-v3.zip: Upgrades your existing firmware to JME. Try this first.
    • Roto-JME-Full-v3.zip: This package wipes your data and apps.
    • Addon-JME-Modem.zip: modem P1000XXJMA (big deal, from early December)
    I recommend you wipe your Dalvik cache if you get any fc's after startup. Heres how:
    Code:
    adb shell su -c "rm /data/dalvik-cache/* && reboot"

New Jan 1, 2011
    The following 2 firmwares are a start on the way to a custom rom. I removed several stock apps to make room for the Gallery3D app that doesn't consume 100% cpu (but instead fc's on remounting sdcard), and added the Ebook reader from the hidden.tar.
    Files removed:
    • DailyBriefing
    • SamsungWidget_WeatherClock
    • Maps
    • install_flash_player
    • Gmail
    • ClockDateWeatherWidget
    • ClockAndWeatherWidget
    • Gallery3D

The new downloads:
    • Roto-JME-Upgrade-v2.zip
    • Roto-JME-FmtIntSD-v2.zip

If you already flashed Roto-JME (upgrade or full), just re-flash with the Roto-JME-Upgrade-v2.tar to get the new apps and not loose any settings.
    (other than the home screen, but you can restore that from Titanium Backup right?)

The best option is to backup all your data/apps, flash Roto-JME-FmtIntSD.tar with the PDA button and partition with P1_add_hidden.pit. Flash the Addon-JME-Modem with the Phone button as well, or some other modem of your choice, as its going to be erased due to partitioning. Thats a nice clean setup, guaranteed to work the best

Use the upgrade if you already have a lot of apps installed and you feel lucky. Don't use the pit file with the upgrade firmware. Worst case is you flash the whole enchilada later. Backup your data anyways before hand.
    Flash using Odin, using PDA button for any file you flash. If you need/want to flash the addons too, use the PHONE and CSC buttons, they all do the same thing.

Note: Anyone who flashed a previous Roto-JME-Upgrade.tar and now wants the *#1234# to show the correct values, just re-download/re-flash this file and you'll be fixed.

Simple how-to guide here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=895827
    To get the customary question out of the way, by "everyone," you mean all carriers and locations can use this package?

I was referring to the bootloaders, but, these firmwares are for any GSM Tab.
    Is this fast like jmc? I read some people complaining about lag with flash in this rom? Differences youvee seen vs jmc please. Thanks. Anyway to build these to flash through clockworkmod? To streamline the way to do it? I am on the edge of returning my tab i feel the lag is causrd by the increased resolution and the processor is loaded trying to keep up. Maybe im wrong. I am currently stock with root and oclf installed. I was going to try roto-jmc tonight before making up my mind. I still have hope for this tab after seeing nero v3 on wifes vibrant its blazing fast.

ClockworkMod only works with a stock firmware at the moment. Flashing with Odin is pretty easy though. Just like all the past Android phone, things start off sluggish but as more developers jump onboard, device performance increases. JME feels the best to me so far.

Someone like you could give us a better review of JME since you strongly know what you dislike about stock.
    Hey Roto, just want to say thanks for all the awesome work you do for our Galaxy Tabs. You've made my experience that much more enjoyable. I would like to know if it is safe to flash your JME update package over the JM6 firmware I have now or do I need to flash something else first before I do JME.

Just flash the upgrade, you'll be fine, its safe. Don't forget to do a Titanium backup first.
    Ok here is a simple tutorial for any new to this tab stuff like I was yesterday.

I take no credit for this just wanted to help compile an easy solution.

It is so simple once you figure it out.

First download Odin v1.7 here unzip it and stick it on your desktop,

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=478059&d=1293895557

Then download these files.

http://files.deodexed.com/ModADroid-Galaxy-Tablet/Rotohammer/JME/

These zips need to be unpackaged to get to the .tar files. Pay attention as Winrar will see .tar as a .zip too. (read the file extensions or you can't select them in Odin.) Stick the 4 files (pit, modem,hidden,FmInsSD) into a folder on your desktop.

Attach your tab to your computer, if you have windows 7 the drivers will be installed for you. If you don't you'll need to get them from here.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...G_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.3.350.0.exe

launch Odin v1.7(if you get an error about some missing .dll file then you need to install the Microsoft .Net framework)

It should look like this once configured correctly:

MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU ADD YOUR FILES-THE TAB IS PLUGGED IN-YOU WILL HAVE A YELLOW COM BOX CIRCLED IN THE PIC IF IT IS CORRECTLY CONNECTED AND READY TO FLASH.

ALSO YOU MUST HAVE A BIG TRANGLE ON YOUR TAB WITH A DIGGING ANDROID (to do this power up the tab while holding down the down volume button)

Looks like this:

download_mode.jpg

LOAD THE FILES AS SHOWN IN THE PIC THEY ARE CIRCLED IN RED

MAKE SURE REPARTITION IS CHECKED THE OTHER BOXES ARE CHECKED BY DEFAULT-LEAVE THEM HOW THEY ARE.

ONLY IF YOU HAVE EVERYTHING DONE. (DOUBLE CHECK)

HIT START

Do not touch anything or use your computer it takes about 5 mins to reboot your tab to the kies sync screen.

your done enjoy!

HIT ME SOME THANKS IF THIS WORKED FOR YOU.