313 posts
Thanks Meter: 293

Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2011, 03:10 AM |#2391  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95

The issue is not really if Quadrant is important or not as a performance index (i dont think it is) the issue is that not being able to run the program seems to indicate a non stable system which is something I am sure you do not want.
Can you run Stability test for about 50 loops without errors and also loop Neocore without freezing?
Those are my tests normally to make sure I am stable at my desire speed.
Regards

Neocore runs fine, linpack runs fine. But good catch, I can only run about 3 loops on Stability test before the thing crashes without a force closure. I'm going to change the voltage / cpu speeds back to stock to see if that results in a difference. Thanks for the suggestions.

9th January 2011, 03:16 AM |#2392  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 976

More
No problem,, with my phone usually not always, too much voltage freezes neocore and too low voltage crashes Stability Test so the trick is finding the middle point.
Good luck
9th January 2011, 03:24 AM |#2393  
Flag Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 249

More
What is a good number of tests to pass on OC'd phones with stability test?

EDIT: just ran the test and got 19 # of test runs in 8:09 of run time, is that good? Im OC'd on GB kernel @1.2 with whats in my sig as UV.
9th January 2011, 03:42 AM |#2394  
Flag Utah

More
Depends , some people do 30 and call it a day...I prefer 50 and when I have the time I do 100 just to be fully sure but normally with 50 you should be fine plus using your phone for movies , games etc are of course good tests as well....when it comes to stability, in my book, if the phone is able to do what I need it to do all the time, then it is stable enough :)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaolin95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaolin95 Ad-Free
9th January 2011, 03:52 AM |#2395  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Another small annoyance is off-charger sleep death. I'm thinking the install went wrong. Could it have s anything to do with Voodoo and the included lagfix being active?
9th January 2011, 03:55 AM |#2396  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD36

You can place the kernel on the root of your SD card, rename it as "update.zip" and select "Apply update.zip" from Clockwork recovery. Usually it is recommended to clear user cache and data before flashing a kernel, but I've found it is not always necessary to do so.

so there's no need to remove the lagfix from his kernel before installing this one?
9th January 2011, 04:21 AM |#2397  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,351

More
Sorry abt being noob here, but can I use the "setiron_v1.4.3_1200_cwmupdate" on a 2.2.1 based ROM.
9th January 2011, 04:24 AM |#2398  
Flag Utah

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009

Sorry abt being noob here, but can I use the "setiron_v1.4.3_1200_cwmupdate" on a 2.2.1 based ROM.

Some people seem to be using it fine.
I was able to flash the 1350Mhz version a few days ago and while it was working, performance was not as good, to me at least , as the 1.4.7 series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD36

Another small annoyance is off-charger sleep death. I'm thinking the install went wrong. Could it have s anything to do with Voodoo and the included lagfix being active?

Well, I do not use lagfixes any more with 2.2.1 Roms as I do not see any need for them so I wouldn't know what to say there but yeah, my phone is connected to USB and or AC most of the time and never have issues with SOD so maybe a new flash starting from zero would be a good idea.
9th January 2011, 04:27 AM |#2399  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,351

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95

Some people seem to be using it fine.
I was able to flash the 1350Mhz version a few days ago and while it was working, performance was not as good, to me at least , as the 1.4.7 series.

I found the latest as setiron_v1.5.6_cwmupdate.zip.

Can anyone let me know what the max speed in this is. I am ok with even 1MHz, and not a fan of OC.
9th January 2011, 04:29 AM |#2400  
Flag Utah

More
Please read the OP fully before you break something mate.
Max speed is 1.6Ghz but you can select with Voltage Controller which one you want as your top speed.
The Following User Says Thank You to shaolin95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaolin95 Ad-Free
9th January 2011, 04:57 PM |#2401  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Does anyone else have a problem with 1.5.6xt and Voltage Control Alpha 3? It seems everytime I change the max MHz setting and method to noop, the phone eventually just freezes.

If I leave it at 1600 (as it shows in Quadrant) then the phone runs fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)