FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REF][Sticky][Must See][First Time XDA][4" Across][Deepest Blacks][Hardest Glass]

266 posts
Thanks Meter: 210

By plapczyn, Retired Recognized Developer on 8th January 2011, 06:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th January 2011, 01:50 PM |#21  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Thanks, OP. I hope this helps, but I doubt it will.

I encourage you to have the mods lock down this thread unless you're making changes. There's is no reason to have 50 pages of retarded replies, and as you can see, it's about to turn into yet another bickering match. Stickies are not effective if they're followed by eight zillion posts that the noob is gonna read, thus pushing all of the good info out of his limited-capacity feeble-minded brain.

8th January 2011, 07:45 PM |#22  
Flag Fort Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 253

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2

I agree with everything you said, other than it being the responsibility of the mods to give people the tools they need...

What the mods need to do is start giving some light bans to members new or old timers that flagrantly post questions and start new threads in the wrong section. These warnings that the mods give to some members for these actions are just being laughed at by said persons! Mods should give out light bans people for these violations because they simply did not read the rules and therefore should not be allowed to participate here or they are just acts of stupidity and should also not be allowed to participate in these forums! Mr pulser_g2 had been nice enough to ban me for two weeks after a member publicly attempted to insult me and when I responded in a pm to the member I was banned (by the way I thoroughly enjoyed that mr pulser). If I was banned for defending myself then I'm sure you can dish out some bans for many of the members here who do not follow ANY of the forum rules and who continually clog up our Epic forum with nonsense and redundant questions and postings that are CLEARLY not where they belong!
Thanks for this thread plapczyn, new members should be required to read this as a sign up stipulation. Mods should really start enforcing forum rules!
8th January 2011, 07:49 PM |#23  
Flag Fort Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 253

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigray327

Thanks, OP. I hope this helps, but I doubt it will.

If the mods do not enforce the forum rules then I agree I doubt this will help!
9th January 2011, 03:08 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Most probably wont take the time to read this, but it is great information and very helpful to the people that really want to dive into what we call the smart-phone community. You have given a very direct response to many things related to what is needed and I highly RECOMMEND anyone new to Android system and to XDA Developers and obviously the Epic 4g to READ THIS NOW!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to write up this tutorial for everyone, and I Epic-ally bless you for this!

Mod (s) , singular or plural, I do not know, but they do need to enforce stricter regulations when regarding the forum's regulations and rules. Bringing order is only by a strict enforcement of discipline.
9th January 2011, 05:39 AM |#25  
Forum Moderator
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 6,005

Donate to Me
More
Mods have it hard....... It is tough to balance thee forum between all the n00bs to the advanced/experienced ppl. I know it is frustrating when posting are in the wrong place etc......... but we are here to learn, improve the experience and help each other. Through this collective effort we move forward a real development force....... That is what these types of forums are about.
9th January 2011, 09:12 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm new here and i enjoy it. but i have been guilty of posting topic in the wrong tread. all i gota say is.... give me a break. why is every1 sooo upset of noobs and not just ignore them. Should be happy new ppl are checking out XDA and not some other forum. Thnx for makin ppl scared to even ask a question w/o being labeled a noob!
The Following User Says Thank You to maxhax2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maxhax2000 Ad-Free
9th January 2011, 10:02 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plapczyn

Updated "Lesson 3: Searching"

9th January 2011, 10:45 PM |#28  
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhax2000

I'm new here and i enjoy it. but i have been guilty of posting topic in the wrong tread. all i gota say is.... give me a break. why is every1 sooo upset of noobs and not just ignore them. Should be happy new ppl are checking out XDA and not some other forum. Thnx for makin ppl scared to even ask a question w/o being labeled a noob!

Couldn't agree more. The threads would be much cleaner if every dumb question wasn't followed by 30 complaints about the dumb question.
The Following User Says Thank You to readermo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift readermo Ad-Free
9th January 2011, 10:48 PM |#29  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton, MI

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BopChie

Haha, thats awesome. I might steal that for the tutorial if you are ok with it.
9th January 2011, 10:56 PM |#30  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton, MI

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by readermo

Couldn't agree more. The threads would be much cleaner if every dumb question wasn't followed by 30 complaints about the dumb question.

I agree, it sets a bad example to noobs that flaming is ok and thus other rules can be easily bended.

In an ideal world we wouldn't even have this problem at all, but here it is and the people offending need to be at least informed of the rules. I have been experimenting with replying with a link to the rules..usually in my typical sardonic manner. It certainly isn't an ideal solution. The mods have asked people to report bad threads. I have started doing that as well.

I wish reporting a thread automatically locked said thread. That would quickly stop people from flaming at least. There are many solutions to the problem, but informing new users one way or an other is the only way to truely stop the problem. Hopefully the new stickies will help a bit.

We could also be using the "rate" thread button more. That way people won't bother looking at them in the first place.
10th January 2011, 01:11 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plapczyn

Haha, thats awesome. I might steal that for the tutorial if you are ok with it.

lol, i got it off the internets..... have fun
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
guide, ref, sticky

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)