[ROM] [32b] froyo yoshi 2.0 Popcorn )1/28/11 links are back up

Search This thread

yohshua

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 13, 2008
New York City
here is a little taste of the upcoming 1.8.1 also iam sorry about some of the mess up in the shots shoot me app dose not seam to go well with live wallpaper so dont worry the rom is fine and soe not have lines in it lol its just shoot me app being dum but enjoy
snap20110109_161044.png

home screen with miui clock widget also new launcher ^_^
snap20110109_161106.png

a shot of the app draw
snap20110109_161051.png

a shot of the right home screen with some widgets
snap20110109_161658.png

change the fancy widget to one that looks better and matches more
snap20110109_161301.png

and if you look the battery becomes up and down and green when it is charging
anyways i hope you guys enjoy this bit ^__^

lolmensch

Jul 14, 2009
FarFarAway
@yoshua

i would love really love to test your roms but i am tired of new spl/radio. had it like 15 times on my phone. i always reverted back cuz i never got used to it

xollius could sing a song abot me whining all the time :D i suppose there is no plan to support old radio/spl?
if not i will have to flash that new spl and radio again (which didnt show any improvement with those miracle 14mb for me)

yohshua

Jul 13, 2008
New York City
@yoshua

i would love really love to test your roms but i am tired of new spl/radio. had it like 15 times on my phone. i always reverted back cuz i never got used to it

xollius could sing a song abot me whining all the time :D i suppose there is no plan to support old radio/spl?
if not i will have to flash that new spl and radio again (which didnt show any improvement with those miracle 14mb for me)

well if you look in the OP some need the new radio/spl and the others dont need it
also when you say test you mean try the ones that are posed or betas lol

lolmensch

Jul 14, 2009
FarFarAway
well if you look in the OP some need the new radio/spl and the others dont need it
also when you say test you mean try the ones that are posed or betas lol

i always try out the newest stuff :D and your new roms (for example: 1.8/1.9 pancake) all need the new radio/spl

Edit: when are you going to release that new rom you showed above? im a bit curious :D

Last edited:

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
@yoshua

The reason you didn't notice any improvements is because you never used the ram. It's just sitting there waiting to be used. So how can we use it? 32% CC and VM Heap Size of 32m

yohshua

Jul 13, 2008
New York City
i always try out the newest stuff :D and your new roms (for example: 1.8/1.9 pancake) all need the new radio/spl

Edit: when are you going to release that new rom you showed above? im a bit curious :D

it should be out soon need to still add abit more to it
yes 1.8 pancake and the soon to come out 1.8.1 full pancake will need the new spl and radio

lolmensch

Jul 14, 2009
FarFarAway
thanks sparksco and yohshua. will try it and report back (in the same post :D)

Edit: So far so good. runs smooth and i am very satisfied. didnt install all apps but thats my fault as i didnt wipe sd-ext. battery life cant be judged yet. will have to wait 1 day or 2 but as far as i can say i really like it =)

Last edited:

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
thanks sparksco and yohshua. will try it and report back (in the same post :D)

Edit: So far so good. runs smooth and i am very satisfied. didnt install all apps but thats my fault as i didnt wipe sd-ext. battery life cant be judged yet. will have to wait 1 day or 2 but as far as i can say i really like it =)

Good to hear :)

Sent from my HTC Dream using XDA App

Zombiac

May 29, 2008
I'm trying to figure this one out I flashed this on my wifes g1 and most of the time
the ringer doesn't ring when someone calls in I've tested re wiping and flashing
over and over but come to the same results that it's just not working intermittently
got any ideas how to fix this.

sb56637

Nov 29, 2010
Difference between SparksMod and Yoshi?

Hi everyone,

Could somebody please list the most fundamental differences between SparksMod 1.6.4 and Yoshi 1.8.x?

Thanks a lot!

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
I'm trying to figure this one out I flashed this on my wifes g1 and most of the time
the ringer doesn't ring when someone calls in I've tested re wiping and flashing
over and over but come to the same results that it's just not working intermittently
got any ideas how to fix this.

Yes just flash ohsaka's superwipe from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=834812

then everything should flash just fine

Emilys

May 10, 2010
Omg omg omg...... LOVE IT... At first i thought i bricked my phone because of this... but now that hour of stress and googling was worth it... I don't want to throw away my phone anymore

dillalade

Sep 28, 2009
Richmond
Well here is an attachment with source of all the apps2ext scripts, would be a good idea to add to the op @ yoshua Other sources can be found on my op but not for the theme ect.

Managed to get this 1.8 Pancake with 1.7 gapps running very well.
BUT how do we get installations to INSTALL on the sd-ext rather then Fat32.

I HATE FAT32 Installs on the G1 - terribly slow.

Magpie is the way forward I believe. Regardless some tips/advice on how to achieve installs onto SD-EXT.

The only method I see is, install to INTERNAL (in Cyanogen Application Settings) & then use Apkmanager.sh to move these EXTERNAL (FAT32) installs over to sd-ext.................. a little long winded.

I'm sure sparks/yoshi have made this more seemless, I must be missing a crtucial setting or something.... please advise.

Potentially - Cyanogen Applications Install Location = INTERNAL - and then run the Apkmanager.sh for an initiation?????????????????

Also what is boot.img doing?

And what do I need to edit in order to use CUSTOM MTD - so I can alter my system partitions appropriately.
Please help with this one.

Cheers

Last edited:

blahbl4hblah

Oct 3, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Thing is did you make a SD ext partition on your sdcard? And you dont set the location to internal its automatic. Make the ext size 512 or something. And be sure its ext4

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Managed to get this 1.8 Pancake with 1.7 gapps running very well.
BUT how do we get installations to INSTALL on the sd-ext rather then Fat32.

I HATE FAT32 Installs on the G1 - terribly slow.

Magpie is the way forward I believe. Regardless some tips/advice on how to achieve installs onto SD-EXT.

The only method I see is, install to INTERNAL (in Cyanogen Application Settings) & then use Apkmanager.sh to move these EXTERNAL (FAT32) installs over to sd-ext.................. a little long winded.

I'm sure sparks/yoshi have made this more seemless, I must be missing a crtucial setting or something.... please advise.

Potentially - Cyanogen Applications Install Location = INTERNAL - and then run the Apkmanager.sh for an initiation?????????????????

Also what is boot.img doing?

And what do I need to edit in order to use CUSTOM MTD - so I can alter my system partitions appropriately.
Please help with this one.

Cheers

ext partition is automatic and required, don't change the install location.

dillalade

Sep 28, 2009
Richmond
Excellent, so I have the se-ext already, and is running well - I was mistaken.

But somone please advise what to edit in this rom for me to achieve a custom MTD partition.

I have system at 74.6mb (of 90mb, so 15mb waste) and cache only used 1.1mb (of 20mb I think something like that.)

Firerate custom mtd patch worked well with cm6.1 etc, but I'm unsure what the boot.img is or what the MTD references are within the user-scripts.sh file (sorry, I think that's the correct name) - what to edit or what to strip out - in order to succesfully use firerate custome mtd recovery/boot patches when flashing this yoshi1.8 rom.

I hope the above is clear & hope soemone can assist, much appreciated..

I will be happy to supply my slightly ammended rom which I'm making for my own personal flavour but am happy to supply for anyone who'd like.

Thanks on this one yoshi!

Sent from my G1 2.2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the froyo yoshi series of roms i hope you enjoy them they are all very fast and have many version to fit everyones needs ^_^

1.0/1.1/1.4 are OTA based roms and do not need the new radio spl
    1.2 and 1.5 are CM based and need an ext3 or 4
    1.5/1.6/1.7/1.7.1/1.8.1 needs the new radio and spl
    LATEST ROM: 1.8.1

Downloads:

ROM's:

FROYO YOSHI 1.1 (All Versions) and FROYO YOSHI 1.4 MICRO TWIST download here
    FROYO YOSHI 1.2 through FROYO YOSHI 1.8.1 download here
    FROYO YOSHI 2.0 (dose not need gapps)
    download here

Gapps:

For 1.2 1.5 and 1.6 download this file
    For 1.7 only download this file
    For 1.7.1 onwards download this file

EXTRAS:

Gingerbread KB for 1.2only
    SetCPU by coolbho3000: You will need it to over clock or underclock your CPU speeds

Credits:

all credit for 1.2/1.5/1.6/1.7 go to sparksco for his amazing work without him none of this would have been possible
    credit to jbrew78 and amazinglarry311 also

Froyo yoshi team:

yohshua
    mmaiolo81
    xillius200
    butch87402
    sparksco
    blahbl4hblah

Change Log:

froyo yoshi 1.0 full
    boot animation added
    youtube,car home,gmail,streets,voice search updated to latest
    brut's maps 17 added
    live wallpaper support added
    test live wallpaper included
    Charming Browser official added
    froyo app2sd support and app2ext
    some framework mods
    DeskClock updated the one with voice support
    spare parts and rom manager are included as well
    build.prop change added agps support not shore on if it will help
    all ring tones have been taken out but 2 to save space
    ADW Launcher 1.2.0
    FROYO YOSHI 1.1 LITE
    same as above except removed
    rom manager
    maps
    vpn services
    voice search/dialing
    FROYO YOSHI 1.1 micro
    same as lite but with an even smaller footprint, removed
    miui browser
    youtube
    maps
    live wallpaper and its support
    car home
    faves
    geniewidget
    rom manager
    pico tts
    protips
    FROYO YOSHI 1.2 super
    (super) is based off of sparksco froyo work witch i will be continuing when he moves to his g2.
    2 options 1 with normal font and the 2nd with a new font
    base rom changed
    boot animation changed
    framework mods
    added miui browser
    almost all of CM wallpapers replaced with new ones
    all OTA apps included
    brut's maps added
    ad-hoc support added
    stock wallpaper changed
    adw moved from ext
    facebook,rom manager,twitter,launcher pro, and titanium removed
    and some some app changes i forgot lol
    FROYO YOSHI 1.5 extreme
    bruts 17 maps added
    OTA apps added as well
    miui browser
    miui music player added
    framework mods
    ui is a mix of hero and some bits of android 2.3
    android 2.3 keyboard added
    camera improvements
    default kernel changed
    boot anamition changed
    FROYO YOSHI 1.4 MICRO TWIST
    same as the micro before but
    gingerbread launcher added
    gingerbread keyboard added
    new market added
    animations changed
    FROYO YOSHI 1.6 EPIC
    changed based kernel
    launcher pro added
    go weather added
    boot animation changed
    speed is on point with OTA builds
    FROYO YOSHI 1.7 OMG
    adw added
    go weather added
    kernel changed
    new boot animation
    great speed and battery life
    FROYO YOSHI 1.7.1 OMG MICRO
    base kernel changed
    much more speed
    launcher pro added
    FROYO YOSHI 1.8 PANCAKE
    base kernel chaned
    firerats a2ext spript
    new app2ext
    boot animation changed
    as always more speed ^__^
    FROYO YOSHI 1.8.1 FULL PANCAKE
    the full of 1.8
    zeam launcher
    miui widget
    genie widget
    miui broswer
    linda file manager
    brut's maps
    miui music
    live wallpaper added
    FROYO YOSHI 2.0 POPCORN
    full rom
    gapps are inside the rom no need to flash gapps just flash the rom and reboot ^_^
    new music player
    miui music taken out
    miui widget taken out as well
    beautiful live wallpaper added
    new boot animation going back to classics
    framework changes
    zeam launcher
    changed protips
    opengl 1.1 added
    stock font
    nice as fast as always ^__^

all rights and thanks go to the app devs
    any questions just leave a comment below hope you guys enjoy

also take a look at the last pic that is froyo yoshi micro remix with the new radio and spl 40.82MB or ram free on first boot with 62.33MB of user space nice huh

also if you guys want to try some ginger here it is
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=932118
    @yoshua

The reason you didn't notice any improvements is because you never used the ram. It's just sitting there waiting to be used. So how can we use it? 32% CC and VM Heap Size of 32m
    Thanx alot for your help! Please give me the link to the latest radio so that i can try that.

It's already in the before post, please check
    it's running good and fast ,and i have a question:what the software “Rom manager” uses for in this rom
    can i use this rom with new radio ?
    thanks

"This is the froyo yoshi series of roms i hope you enjoy them they are all very fast and have many version to fit everyones needs ^_^
    (also sorry for not posting here in a whole i have been busy in the mytouch section lol)
    1.0/1.1/1.4 are OTA based roms and do not need the new radio spl
    1.2 and 1.5 are CM based and need an ext3 or 4 (only 1.5/1.6/1.7/1.7.1 needs the new radio and spl)"