Post Reply Email Thread
12th January 2011, 04:13 PM |#11  
Flag West Hills, CA US
Thanks Meter: 60

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowofzeus

Because that is how its been labeled. As RC0 meaning that its not even a release candidate yet.

I think to a lot of people (myself included) seeing the letters "RC" does indeed indicate that it's a release candidate. I got all excited when I saw your thread in the topic list.
12th January 2011, 04:22 PM |#12  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 621

More
On the flashing eng hboot thing, I agree with raitchison. All of the stuff to do with rooting/S-OFF etc has a certain degree of risk, it's not 100% "safe". But if you carefully read up on everything in advance, and then carefully carry out the necessary procedures, you will have to be pretty unlucky to end up bricked.

Specifically with the eng hboot, when you have copied the file to your phone, before dd'ing it you should run a checksum on it for safety's sake, to make sure you have downloaded and copied a valid file and not a corrupt one. The checksums are in the Wiki.

As long as you do this and are then very careful in typing that instruction to do the "dd" itself (copy and paste can help reduce the possibility for error), then the only thing that could go wrong really is your phone losing power or crashing right in the middle of the dd. I think you'd have to be extremely unlucky for that latter possibilities to happen.
12th January 2011, 06:22 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviewevie

On the flashing eng hboot thing, I agree with raitchison. All of the stuff to do with rooting/S-OFF etc has a certain degree of risk, it's not 100% "safe". But if you carefully read up on everything in advance, and then carefully carry out the necessary procedures, you will have to be pretty unlucky to end up bricked.

Specifically with the eng hboot, when you have copied the file to your phone, before dd'ing it you should run a checksum on it for safety's sake, to make sure you have downloaded and copied a valid file and not a corrupt one. The checksums are in the Wiki.

As long as you do this and are then very careful in typing that instruction to do the "dd" itself (copy and paste can help reduce the possibility for error), then the only thing that could go wrong really is your phone losing power or crashing right in the middle of the dd. I think you'd have to be extremely unlucky for that latter possibilities to happen.

Ah alright, I feel more comfortable flashing the ENG HBOOT now, I guess I'll go ahead and flash it after I've rooted it, thank you.
GuestK00102
17th January 2011, 01:59 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
When I try to flash the recovery it says the syntax of the command is incorrect.
No I am not putting in the quotes, I even copied and pasted it and put the name of the recovery in there, I keep getting the same error. What to do?
17th January 2011, 02:05 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag McAllen
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Caliber

When I try to flash the recovery it says the syntax of the command is incorrect.
No I am not putting in the quotes, I even copied and pasted it and put the name of the recovery in there, I keep getting the same error. What to do?

Can you press ctrl alt print scrn on your keyboard and upload the picture of your command prompt please and let me look at it.
GuestK00102
17th January 2011, 02:08 AM |#16  

More
Quote:

Can you press ctrl alt print scrn on your keyboard and upload the picture of your command prompt please and let me look at it.

Now it's saying this

17th January 2011, 02:10 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag McAllen

More
Quote:

Now it's saying this

alright type it just like this

fastboot flash recovery rec.img
GuestK00102
17th January 2011, 02:12 AM |#18  

More
Quote:

alright type it just like this

fastboot flash recovery rec.img

TY

Why did you remove the <>, should I do that for the rest of the commands?
Something to do with win 7?
In CWM Recovery I'm getting a bunch of errors.
E: failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command

etc etc and it continues. What'd I do wrong?
17th January 2011, 02:15 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag McAllen

More
Quote:

TY

Why did you remove the <>, should I do that for the rest of the commands?
Something to do with win 7?

I put those in there as place holders. Your files names replace those.

Don't worry about that stuff. It will say that because you just erased those partitions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)