all app's and a quick howto are in the toolkit.
The Toolkit attached to this post.
1. Install WP7 sdk Windows Phone Developer Tools;
2. Install zune;
3. Make partneship with zune and phone;
4. Just write this url "http://cr-developers.co.cc/cwp7.cer" in your phone internet browser and install it;
5. Connect your phone to pc and make sure zune is running in background;
6. Run the unlocker (ChevronWP7.exe) and click unlock button(Make sure your phone date is set correctly)
(you need to close skype and disable network adapter.. hamachi.. wireless.. Dropbox.. etc)
7. Install toms .xap installer;
8. Deploy Connection Setup.xap, Touch Xplorer.xap and XBMODDeployer.xap (Install it on the phone and run XBMODDeployer.xap);
9. Copy the .provxml from the ringtons folder to the windows folder (on the phone using touch explorer app);
10. Run connection setup to install the .provxml;
11. Call Microsoft helpdesk and ask them an activating key for your hd2 (don't pm me for the key)
12. Setup up your live ID and enter the activation code (on the phone).
You need to do the unlock/reg hack to make it think its a HD7 else it will never download anything from market place.
If wifi isn't working on the HD2, remove the sd card and try another (some sd cards F*** up the wifi).
Solve all the issues and get the working market place.
There are three major issues all are facing:
1. Getting activation code.
2. Device not being detected by ChevronWP7
3. Market place gives error while trying to install free apps.
A1. See if you find any friends in USA or UK and get the activation codes for you. I hope a key generator will be released soon.
A2. Its due to time and date not be set correctly in device. If you have crashing issue, Make sure hosts file in windows/system32/drivers/ext isn't readonly.
A3 If it isn't working try to make a new live account and use USA as location.
Here is the kit I have made for activating WP7 on HD2. Make sure you have to activation code already
formatting a sd card used for wp7
sdk working on xp(sp3).
(Its due to time and date not be set correctly in device. If you have crashing issue, Make sure hosts file in windows/system32/drivers/ext isn't readonly.)
If you still have problems unlocking the phone then look here.
TouchXplorer Beta for WP7
HowTo Make/edit the registry and provxml
fast activating in Europe and Germany
Here is the chat link:
click on "Product Sales, General Inquiries and Genuine Advantage Questions" and go on...
This is discussed elsewhere, but deep within other threads, so I wanted to give it it's own thread to help people in finding out how to prevent Zune from relocking WP7 devices. It only works on HTC devices for now because TouchXplorer only works for HTC devices.
1. Install TouchXplorer
2. Install HTC Connection Setup
3. Download and extract this zip file to your PC.
4. Deploy the extracted XAP to your device
5. On your device, using TouchXplorer, copy \My Documents\My Ringtones\CustClear.provxml to \Windows\
6. On your device, run HTC Connection Setup, hit the check button to let it provision.
7. You're done.
All credit goes to xboxmod and his HTC Registry Editing thread and HTC WP7 Apps thread.
I've finally reach 10 unsigned app on my phone. Took way longer that I thought...
This is not new for anyone who's not spending time asking for unlock key, but I've made a small app to automate the process of pushing the limit to 100000.
Here it is: http://bit.ly/e8KCYQ
1. Download the app.
2. Deploy the .xap.
3. Run the application.
Work on my HTC, may work on other device as well (let me know).