[Kernel/CW] Kernel Update ZIP file for Clockwork MOD

Search This thread

LiFE1688

May 7, 2010
I am not sure if someone posted something similar or not. :p

Anyways.

This ZIP file does not have a KERNEL in it, it is just a ZIP with empty boot and system folder. The META-INF contains a script that will copy everything in boot to your \boot in your ROM and everything in system to your \system in your ROM.

NOTE: It will overwrite any files that have the same file name in the same folder. So, yes, you can use it for other than updating kernel, say copying a file to a specific folder in \system partition, or \boot partition.

Just open with 7-zip, drop zImage file into the boot folder, then drop modules in the system\lib\modules folder. Copy the zip file to your SD, then run Clockwork Recovery, and install the zip.

Attachments

• CW_Kernel_Updater.zip
    154.7 KB · Views: 3,584

bhilgeman

Apr 21, 2009
South Cackalacky

Anyways.

This ZIP file does not have a KERNEL in it, it is just a ZIP with empty boot and system folder. The META-INF contains a script that will copy everything in boot to your \boot in your ROM and everything in system to your \system in your ROM.

NOTE: It will overwrite any files that have the same file name in the same folder. So, yes, you can use it for other than updating kernel, say copying a file to a specific folder in \system partition, or \boot partition.

Just open with 7-zip, drop zImage file into the boot folder, then drop modules in the system\lib\modules folder. Copy the zip file to your SD, then run Clockwork Recovery, and install the zip.

It doesn't have to be signed?

LiFE1688

May 7, 2010
Code:
ui_print("Welcome to MDJ Kernel Updater");
mount("MTD", "boot", "/boot");
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
ui_print("Copying zImage...");
package_extract_dir("boot", "/boot");
ui_print("Copying modules...");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
unmount("/system");
unmount("/boot");
ui_print("All Done...");
I don't see anything in the updater-script that requires signing.

kingo08

Feb 22, 2010
can i create a folder called androidapp and put the apks in it and install them automatically like we do with the SD roms

hendydundy

Dec 26, 2009
it's not working for me.. try to change the kernel to hastarin that support Extended battere..

it says "Instalation aborted "... what happened?

any clue?

edit : can push the Zimage and some other files, but it stuck with the gogogo...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Anyways.