IMG_0629.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 702
  • IMG_0632.jpg
    IMG_0632.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 717
Last edited:

contable

Oct 25, 2009
I can confirm that it works on the OMNIA 7 ! Many thanks for this.

The app changes the color in the registry but not the name of the accent.
If I start my settings app for changing the theme the color is changed but the name is still the same but the theme changer shows the changed name.

Cheers

contable

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I can confirm that it works on the OMNIA 7 ! Many thanks for this.

The app changes the color in the registry but not the name of the accent.
If I start my settings app for changing the theme the color is changed but the name is still the same but the theme changer shows the changed name.

Cheers

contable

No problem here when changing the names etc. I created a dark blue theme. Looks very clean. I changed the pink theme to dark blue. It replaced the naming for me.

contable

Oct 25, 2009
No problem here when changing the names etc. I created a dark blue theme. Looks very clean. I changed the pink theme to dark blue. It replaced the naming for me.

It looks like that there are differences between Focus and OMNIA 7.

For example I have changed the pink accent to darkblue.

On my OMNIA 7:

1. the name of the accent isn´t change.
2. The color of the homescreen tabs is changed to darkblue
3. If I run e.g. Voice to text the tabs are still pink and not darkblue.

Any ideas ?

Cheers contable

MalooMF9

Jun 7, 2008
The reason it's likely not working for you is the regional code for your language (german.) In the registry, the names for the colors are stored on a per-language basis, in different locations. En-US, for example, is 0409. You'll need to go to the correct location yourself, and edit the entry. I made an editor tonight that can edit the values, get it here.

Reactions: contable

contable

Oct 25, 2009
The reason it's likely not working for you is the regional code for your language (german.) In the registry, the names for the colors are stored on a per-language basis, in different locations. En-US, for example, is 0409. You'll need to go to the correct location yourself, and edit the entry. I made an editor tonight that can edit the values, get it here.

Thanks for the information. If I change the region/language settings to en-us also the name of the accent color has been changed. Confirmed.

But if I run Voice to text app on my OMNIA 7 the color of the tabs is still not changed...

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Try to reboot your phone.

This doesn´t help.

It´s strange that some apps have changed the new color and others not.

apps which didn´t change the accent color:

1. Voice to text
2. MSN Germany
3. MSN Messenger

apps which changed the color:

1. Pictures
2. Contacts
3. Email
4. Messaging

any idea ?

Cheers

contable

__ow

Mar 15, 2010
Registry tweak only colors the native pre-installed apps. Coloring silverlight apps need write access to \Windows.

Reactions: contable
G

GuestK00306

Thanks for this. Will try on my Omnia 7 later and report back

(nico)

Feb 25, 2009
Ive also updated my app to make it work on different devices.
It seems to work on both Samsung and HTC.
I'm looking for someone with a LG device to test it.

XAP here: http://bit.ly/eaNBSW?

Note : I'm also writing a cross device library for registry and provxml access. This is the first app using it.

snickler

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com

Note : I'm also writing a cross device library for registry and provxml access. This is the first app using it.

Dude this is amazing. Thanks!

contable

Oct 25, 2009

I also can confirm that your xap works with German language on OMNIA 7!
I can change the name of the accent too.

Big thanks again.

contable

devGOD

Apr 6, 2006
DO NOT POST DEVICE SPECIFIC THINGS IN THIS FORUM! Please read! see forum sticky post

contable

Oct 25, 2009
DO NOT POST DEVICE SPECIFIC THINGS IN THIS FORUM! Please read! see forum sticky post

Are you moderator ?

I think posts which are related to the development of all devices are allowed...

I´m member of the moderator team at modaco.com so I suggest that you report posts which are - in your opinion - against the xda forum rules to tito, the moderator of this WP7 section.

Thanks.

contable

davux

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 5, 2010
Sure, I'll package it later tonight.
I'm also thinking about your idea (I think it was yours) to mimic .Net namespace.
It would be nice to have a cross device lib with the same API as standard .Net on the PC.

I have already started this (I did run into some COM threading issues I am not quite sure how to best handle, though). I have much support for System.Net.Sockets and System.IO. I wasn't sure if we should handle Registry like Microsoft.Win32.Registry or what, so I just made some basic Samsung-specific APIs for now.

I believe someone else is working on a cross-platform library as well, but I don't t know if the plan is to mimic .Net[CF]. I would much like to work together though, I'm planning to update this app later today (restore to default, some stuff I didn't finish because it was too late :)), and it'd suck if we forked for essentially no reason.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to the code by RustyGrum (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=914055), I've put together an accent changer app for the Focus and other Samsung devices.

http://www.daveamenta.com/2011-01/change-accent-colors-on-windows-phone-7-samsung-devices/

I have a version here that should work on HTC, LG and Samsung devices! Please test and let me know if it works
    Registry tweak only colors the native pre-installed apps. Coloring silverlight apps need write access to \Windows.
    It´s working again !

I have modified your code as follows:

return Registry.DeviceRegistry.GetStringValue("HKLM", @"ControlPanel\Themes\AccentsDisplayName\", ID.ToString());
    }
    set
    {
    if (value != Name)
    {
    Registry.DeviceRegistry.SetStringValue("HKLM", @"ControlPanel\Themes\AccentsDisplayName\", ID.ToString(), value);
    NotifyPropertyChanged("Name");

I removed "0409" from the registry path and now it works also with German language...

Thanks for sharing the source.

contable
    It´s working again !

I have modified your code as follows:

return Registry.DeviceRegistry.GetStringValue("HKLM", @"ControlPanel\Themes\AccentsDisplayName\", ID.ToString());
    }
    set
    {
    if (value != Name)
    {
    Registry.DeviceRegistry.SetStringValue("HKLM", @"ControlPanel\Themes\AccentsDisplayName\", ID.ToString(), value);
    NotifyPropertyChanged("Name");

I removed "0409" from the registry path and now it works also with German language...

Thanks for sharing the source.

contable

Cool, I don't know if that's the right way to do the fix though? Not having full registry access, I don't know what it looks like in there. I'll mess with it on my focus a bit.