[APP][MOD] TouchWizGTG Launcher (19/4/11 - Source/Modified files posted)

Search This thread

ingineru

Jan 9, 2010
First of all : i love your mod, especially the 5 dock interchangeable
Proposition: could you please get rid of the home icon on the application drawer ( and maybe the screen buttons in the up part if it is required )?
The home button is redundant with the back key anyway and in that way maybe we can have 5 rows of icons in the drawer
Thanks

Stickman89

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2007
Milton Keynes
HI gtg465x your work looks great, is there any reason why this would not work on any other HDPI device? I have pushed the apk to system but the launcher fails to appear when changing home launcher, I have chmod the apk permissions to 644 but still no luck.

Best Regards,

ST1Cl<^^aN

Last edited:

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
am experimenting on GTG's TWLauncher (new dock + icon tiles) and just wanted to share it if GTG would permit me.

reduced the size of the "dot" page indicator
used the original apps and home icon

here's some screenies...

View attachment 483889

View attachment 483890
Great! :) I hope it has ap screen trasparent as New Dock thatI'm using now ;)
Where can I find it??

Ps: I'm using your TouchWizGTG_v1.1.1_New_Dock_Colored_Icons one: just great!!....but what about the 16 bit disabled version?? What does it have??

Pps: what about your clock/weather widget? Can tell us the name? :)

Last edited:

enForce1

Jan 6, 2011
Urjala
This might be the zillionth reply to the original post but in any case, huge regards to gtg465x for this launcher replacement.

I'm propably stating the obvious here but this definetly improved my galaxys experience. Even with a lag fix the tw launcher was laggy while everything else got better. So once again, thank you.

Taomyn

System app?

Is there a way to mark this version of the launcher a "system" app?

I've noticed since I put it on a few weeks back that it tends to restart itself very often when switching about other applications, and I'm wondering if Android's memory management is terminating the launcher when memory is low.

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
@Tayomin

I have noticed this too! I think memory manager on jpy 2.2.1 us very aggressive as I always have a lot more ram free since moving from 2.2

Auto memory manager from the market will allow you set it's priority higher preventing it from shutting down... The app seems to have issues with jpy however

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

kikan

Jul 13, 2007
Is there a way to mark this version of the launcher a "system" app?

I've noticed since I put it on a few weeks back that it tends to restart itself very often when switching about other applications, and I'm wondering if Android's memory management is terminating the launcher when memory is low.

I have same problem...

all launchers will have to be in system, i don't like that in active applications i have running launcher and because i'm i little strange i tend to use and clear RAM memory few times a day, so i close and re open launcher.

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
am experimenting on GTG's TWLauncher (new dock + icon tiles) and just wanted to share it if GTG would permit me.

reduced the size of the "dot" page indicator
used the original apps and home icon

here's some screenies...

View attachment 483889

View attachment 483890
Great! :) I hope it has ap screen trasparent as New Dock thatI'm using now ;)
Where can I find it??

Ps: I'm using your TouchWizGTG_v1.1.1_New_Dock_Colored_Icons one: just great!!....but what about the 16 bit disabled version?? What does it have??

Pps: what about your clock/weather widget? Can tell us the name? :)

Hey kwik31 where are you?? Please I would love your TouchWiz mod!! :D

NasrulBond

Nov 9, 2010
Egypt
anyone have any idea how to mod TWlauncher into something like MIUI? i'm a fan of this launcher for its fast and responsive performance. thanks a lot.

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
I tried to flash the zip in CWM and it hangs on installing update. Can someone please tell me how to install this? The instructions say to move the apk's to the folder but the downloads are in zip format.

I'm trying to install the new dock colored icon version

kwik31

Oct 8, 2010
Singapore
I tried to flash the zip in CWM and it hangs on installing update. Can someone please tell me how to install this? The instructions say to move the apk's to the folder but the downloads are in zip format.

I'm trying to install the new dock colored icon version

its not installed through CWM.
extract the file and copy the apk in your phone's /system/app folder using Root Explorer or something similar.
but before you do that rename the original TouchWiz30Launcher.apk to TouchWiz30Launcher.apk.bak

also make sure that you have other launcher installed just in case there is a problem.

after you copied the new TW apk go to your phone settings > applications > manage applications > running then select TW > force stop the app > then clear data

Jodelaplaya

Nov 26, 2010
Avignon
Hi,
it's possible to have folder in a future release ? Because I saw folder in GO Launcher and it's very nice ! It's like iOS ^^
Thank's

ryan562

Feb 28, 2010
will this work on samsung vibrant running eugene's latest macnut r14 2.2 rom????

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
TouchWizGTG Launcher v1.1.1

will this work on samsung vibrant running eugene's latest macnut r14 2.2 rom????

Of course, right in the OP, says this was ported to the Vibrant!:)mo

Edit: No, it doesn't say that, but it works for the Galaxy S i9000 so it'll work for the Vibrant!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Click here for source / modified files

This is a modified, awesomer version of the Froyo TouchWiz launcher.

---The end has come :( (15/2)---

I have some bad news for you guys. I was waiting for a new Captivate Froyo release because the Captivate version of TouchWiz has more features and would be a better base to build upon. I thought the Captivate would get the update in December or January and I would have a new version of TouchWizGTG out by now, but Samsung USA and AT&T still haven't released the update. Worse news... I got tired of waiting for updates and a stable build of CyanogenMod, so I bought a Desire HD today. I'm sort of a sucker for HTC Sense. Sorry for the letdown. :( So long Galaxy S. Your gorgeous Super AMOLED screen will be missed. Your GPS will not.

Anyone and everyone has permission to pick up the project. I will try to put together all of my modified files and post them sometime in the next few days.

---Vote now! (21/12)---

So here's the deal. I'm considering creating a new version of TouchWizGTG (with JPX TW launcher or newer as a base) sometime in the next three weeks since I'll be on vacation. HOWEVER, I will NOT be creating a million different versions to please everyone this time. Sorry, but creating all of those different versions and testing each one for each release was extremely tedious and it made me lose interest in the project.

Go here and vote on your favorite feature set. I will create the TWO that have the most votes plus one of my choosing if it's different than the other two.

---Update (9/11)---

-Due to demand, I am posting variations of the new dock version with 16-bit mode disabled and landscape mode disabled. As a refresher, 16-bit disabled versions sacrifice speed for slightly better image quality.

---Update---

-Due to demand, I am posting versions that have the colored icon backdrops in the app drawer. Apparently some people like those ugly things.

---New in v1.1.1 (30/10)---

-Updated international language files (there is no need to update if you use English)

---New in v1.1 (30/10)---

-Smoother fly-out animation when leaving app drawer
    -New version with redesigned 5-icon dock! :cool: (screenshots further down in post)
    -No more 16-bit disabled version... everyone seemed to prefer the speed improvements of the enabled version

---Features---

-Landscape mode (270° rotation)
    -Transparent app drawer background and no icon backdrops
    -New fly-in effect for app drawer icons
    -Ability to set the default home screen location
    -Ability to sort the app drawer alphabetically
    -Galaxy Tab specific code removed to reduce app size
    -Enabled 16-bit mode for faster/smoother animations

53451942.png
    40404020.png

70330494.png

80946757.png
    94392812.png

New 5-icon dock version! To change the icons in the dock, hold and drag the one you want to replace out, then go into the app drawer (or from homescreen) and hold and drag the one you want in. Blurrycam tutorial

24093396.png
    68658238.png

Installation (If you're a noob, I recommend using Root Explorer. If you're not, you probably don't need this installation guide.)

1. In /system/app, rename the default TouchWiz30Launcher.apk and TouchWiz30Launcher.odex (if applicable) to TouchWiz30Launcher.apk.bak and TouchWiz30Launcher.odex.bak.
    2. Copy this new TouchWiz30Launcher.apk into /system/app.
    3. Set permissions of the new TouchWiz30Launcher.apk to rw-r--r--. You can probably get by without doing this. Haven't tried it.
    4. Important! If you are installing the new dock version you must clear launcher data to unhide the apps that were in your dock previously. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Running > com.sec.android.app.twlauncher and then force stop, clear data, and press home. If you don't see com.sec.android.app.twlauncher, look for TwGTGLauncher.
    Who wants the modified xml?

Here ya go! Someone better make TouchWizGTG for Galaxy S II now that they have my secret sauce.

Sorry, no support for these files. You'll have to figure out what to do with these and how to compile yourself.
    ---Vote now! (21/12)---

So here's the deal. I'm considering creating a new version of TouchWizGTG (with JPX TW launcher or newer as a base) sometime in the next three weeks since I'll be on vacation. HOWEVER, I will NOT be creating a million different versions to please everyone this time. Sorry, but creating all of those different versions and testing each one for each release was extremely tedious and it made me lose interest in the project.

Go here and vote on your favorite feature set. I will create the TWO that have the most votes plus one of my choosing if it's different than the other two.
    ok i got it decompiled, i am trying to remake the mods gtg did and move on from there.
    Hey kwik31 where are you?? Please I would love your TouchWiz mod!! :D

here you go...