Windows Mobile application for Geocaching.

Search This thread

Gech

Mar 25, 2005
Hi

English: "Exclude Member Only caches"
German: "Premium-Member-Caches ausblenden"
French: ""
Czech: "Nezobrazovat Premium-Member-Caches"
Japanese: "Member Onlyキャッシュを除外する"

Thanks

tom

Reactions: Sestka

Gech

Mar 25, 2005
Hi

English: "Exclude Premium Member Only caches"
German: "Premium-Member-Caches ausblenden"
Czech: "Nezobrazovat Premium-Member-Caches"
Japanese: "Premium Member Onlyキャッシュを除外"

Thanks

tom

Primex

Nov 21, 2010
Wish

Hey Tom, thanks for all that well placed work!

I have a wish, maybe it is possible to be satisfied by you.

I like to work with my touchphone and GCzII, and i alos like to work with my desktop pc and the site auf gc.

I would like to write my "todo cache list" on my desktop, I think it is easier than pickung each cache in GCzII. I have seen the XML data are not so well to be written by hand.

Do you have any Idea or a programm to create this "cache codes" which i cann see in the xml?

Maybe a converting tool, just choose a cache by GC code and the rest is done by the programm.

Is that possible?

Thanks a lot in advance
Best regards
Felix aka Primex

derlbear

Jun 25, 2009
I would like to write my "todo cache list" on my desktop, I think it is easier than pickung each cache in GCzII. I have seen the XML data are not so well to be written by hand.

Do you have any Idea or a programm to create this "cache codes" which i cann see in the xml?

Maybe a converting tool, just choose a cache by GC code and the rest is done by the programm.
Why don't you just use the .gpx file format and the import/export function of GCzII and a software on your PC?

Cheers,
derlbear

SecretAgentMan

Aug 10, 2008
" CACHE NOT FOUND " and Other Errors.

...and How to Install the Latest Version of GCzII​
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .​
The latest version of GCzII is 0.2.35.61

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .​
* * * * * This is an NOT an interim release. AppToDate will update this release! * * * * *

How to get the latest version of GCzII:

1. You will find the GCz's version number displayed in the lower left corner of the main screen.

2. GCzII is installed from the posted version on the Nicque.com site (HERE). You can install it either on your device memory or an SD card.

If you have a touchscreen phone, install the .cab file without the "STD" in the file name. This is the only file you'll need to install.

If you have a non-touchscreen phone, after you install the .cab file described above, copy the GCzII.exe file in the " . . . . . _STD.zip" file into your \Program Files\GCzII folder, overwriting the one placed there by the cab file installation.

3. If you encounter errors while running the program after upgrading from a previous version, you may need to empty the contents of the Cache_DB folder (It is located in \Program Files\GCzII, but you might have put it on your storage card.). If you are upgrading or reinstalling because you have encountered errors, try running the newly installed version first without emptying \Cache_DB, as the new installation may have solved the problem. See the "NOTE" below for additional cautions regarding emptying \Cache_DB.

" Cache not found " and Other Errors

Several conditions may generate errors:

1. You are not running the latest version. Upgrade as noted above.

2. Your language setting on the geocaching.com website is not set to ENGLISH. Check your setting by going to your account page and clicking on the "Your Account Details" link. The language setting is at the bottom in the "Your Preferences" box.

3. Cached caches stored in the GCzII cache folder (\Cache_DB) may be causing issues. Try deleting the files in this folder.

NOTE: Deleting the files in \Cache_DB will also delete waypoints and notes. Waypoints (.wpt) and notes (.pwi) are saved in each cache folder (the folder name is the GC code.) If you do not want to lose this information, back these files up. THIS POST describes how one user selectively deletes files in \Cache_DB.

4. If you have a GCzII skin installed, try uninstalling it. If that corrects the problem, check if there is an updated skin and install that one.

Distance Measurements in Lists

If you are a Groundspeak basic member, you'll need to use the "Download All Caches", "Reload from Cache Detail" or "Menu, Sort By" functions in the list view to have distance and size details in lists. You may wish to change the number of caches you display in a list to make the list regeneration go faster. (From the main screen, Menu, Option, Download Settings.)

Distance and size info in lists has only been implemented for:

- Postal Code/Address
- Cache Code
- Current Location
- Coordinate

Log Posting Failures

There is some speculation that having more than five trackables in your inventory may cause log submission errors. If you have more than five trackables in your inventory, move some out of inventory to your collection and try to post again.

Still Need Help???

If you are still running into problems, or need help with the features and functions of GCzII, check out the DEDICATED FORUM. It can be tricky to find the answers in this huge thread, so the forum has been set up to make finding help easier. Please use it!

Before Posting:

There are a number of people here willing to help you. But to be honest, we seem to answer the same questions over and over again. We'll be glad to help you, but you need to do your part first. Here's what we suggest:

1. Read the last 5 pages of posts and try the things that have been suggested. Most of the time, the solution has been posted recently. If you don't want to take the time to read the last few pages, why should we take the time to restate, again, what we just posted not too long ago?

2. Post the version of GCz that you are using. Believe it or not, there is a chance that you may not have the current version installed.

3. State whether or not you have deleted the contents of \Cache_DB.

4. Confirm that on Geocaching.com, your language is set to "English".

Finally, make sure you have read and followed the instructions contained in this post. Twice. :)

If you've worked your way through the above and are still having an issue, post here using the guidelines above, and we'll be glad to help. Or, go to the dedicated GCzII forum.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Check the developer's page for the next full version release:
http://www.nicque.com/PQz/GCz.htm

Also check the dedicated GCz forum for info and updates: http://gczii.newstarforum.com

gwalch

Jun 13, 2009
I must also add my thanks to all concerned in relation to this program.
Mighty fine work.. most impressive.

It is greatly appreciated.

Jun 11, 2009
Berlin near the "Mauer"
Little Mistakes ...

Hi Gech!
Thank you very much for this fantastic friend which is very helpful to find caches so easy... I love GCZII! The best helper for geocaching. I've seen many of them and some I tried out...

Found a few very little mistakes in german translation. German language needs commas, some explanations should follow to sense and spoken behaviour, not to correct translation word by word. Titles could be shortened.
Won't criticize your work, but help to improve german skin.
Look!

PLZ/Adresse
Gib eine Postleitzahl oder Adresse ein und drücke "Go", um nach Geocaches an diesem Ort zu suchen.

Cache-Code
Du kannst nach einem speziellen Cache suchen, wenn Du seinen Code kennst.

Koordinaten
Gib Koordinaten ein und drücke "Go", um nach Geocaches an diesem Ort zu suchen.

Cache-Name
Gib einen Teil des Cache-Namens ein, um einen speziellen Cache zu suchen.

Cache-Besitzer
Gib den Namen des Cache-Besitzers ein, um seine Geocaches anzuzeigen.

Benutzername
Gib einen Benutzernamen ein, um die von ihm gefundenen Geocaches anzuzeigen.

Tracking-Nummer
Gib die Tracking-Nummer ein, um eine Coin oder einen TB zu suchen.

Trackable-Name
Gib einen Teil des Namens einer Coin oder eines TBs ein, um danach zu suchen.

Feel free to use my corrections in red. But keep on developing!

Thank you once more and best regards from Germany
Beate:)

Reactions: Gech

nsa_sailor

Oct 23, 2009
Wichita, KS
Changing the blue checkmarks to red

On a side note with the above, I uploaded my fieldnotes to GeoCaching.com. But when I reloaded the cache detail, it shows my log file in the logs, but doesn't change the blue check to a red check mark. Seems like it should.

Gech

Mar 25, 2005
Before, there was no "FOUND" info in Cache Detail pages on GC.com.
It only existed in Cache List pages.
That's why "Reload cache detail" does not refresh Found maker from Blue tick to Red tick.

Then I checked Cache Detail page and found new info.

e.g) in Cache Detail page shows below.
====================
"You logged this as Found on Thursday, 18 June 2009."
====================
This might be good to refresh from Blue to Red when "Reload Cache".

thanks

tom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ver 0.2.35.67

Hi

Ver 0.2.35.67

Quick fix "Cache not Found" issue.

thanks

tom

for Professional Edition => GCzII_20110202_0235_67.zip
    for Gesture Scroll => GCzII_20110202_0235_67_GS.zip
    for Non touch screen (Standard Edition) => GCzII_20110202_0235_67_STD.zip
    Ver 0.2.35.58 now!!

Hi

Ver 0.2.35.58

1) Direction/Distance show on Cache List.

*) "Download All Caches" or "Reload from Cache Detail" when search by below.

Search by
    - Postal Code/Address
    - Cache Code
    - Current Location
    - Coordinate

Need to get base Latitude/Longitude by above search.

thanks

tom
    ver 0.2.35.61

Hi

Ver 0.2.35.61

1) "Sort by" => "Cache" => "Member Only" menu added.
    2) "Exclude Member Only cache from result" option added.
    (Option => Search Settings)

This works for English version only.
    To test, rename "GCzII.exe.04xx.mui" if use Language skin.

I will build Language skin on weekend if no issue.

Thanks

tom

PS) Need help translation!!!

English: "Exclude Member Only cache from result"
    German: ""
    Czech: ""
    Japanese: "Member Onlyキャッシュを検索結果から除く"
    Probablly, the big wave has come at GC.com.
    The new changes might be huge impact for GCz.
    (Don't know what happen after the maintenounce.)

The first release date of GCz is Dec/17/2008.
    So, it was 2 years ago. Time is faster!!

I always tried to fix problems as soon as possible.
    And I've got lots of feedback to improve GCz from members here.
    I really appriciate all of you!!

Now, I have not decided yet what will continue or dis-continue to work for GCz.
    It depends on the side effect of the maintanouce.

I hope, it will not be catastrophic destruction.

thanks

tom
    Ver 0.2.35.68

Hi

Ver 0.2.35.68

- Minor bug fix.
    - Add Sort Interval menu to "Distance by". (10sec/30sec/1min/3mins)
    - Change strings "F:10/D:2.5/T:1.5" instead of "F:[10] D:2.5/T:1.5" in Cache List.

thanks

tom

GCzII_20110203_0235_68.zip => Professional Edition
    GCzII_20110203_0235_68_GS.zip => Gesture Scrolling
    GCzII_20110203_0235_68_STD.zip => Standard Edition (None touch screen)

You can follow update info by Twitter.
    Twitter account is "GCzII".