Accent changer for Focus & other Samsung devices

Search This thread

-WP7User-

Aug 31, 2010
Zurich
Works fine on my HD7. But when I'm trying to choose a color the indicator sometimes jumps around and it's really hard to get the color I want. But when I have it, everything works fine. Thanks!

davux

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 5, 2010
Works fine on my HD7. But when I'm trying to choose a color the indicator sometimes jumps around and it's really hard to get the color I want. But when I have it, everything works fine. Thanks!

Yeah, something with how the registry driver works for HTC. I tried to do a fix but I think it blocks the UI thread for a second or something. One of those things that I'm not sure how to fix because I can't try a bunch of things on the hardware.

Chris-h11

Apr 9, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
The Samsung Taylor is not a production device, and lacks the driver. If you have a dev device, you should hack it yourself and find out how to access the registry. :)
Where would you start with this? I have a developer device (along with 2 LG's from MS but I'm going to sell them both) and I want to be able to customize it while I wait for a 4G Verizon phone.

davux

Aug 5, 2010
Where would you start with this? I have a developer device (along with 2 LG's from MS but I'm going to sell them both) and I want to be able to customize it while I wait for a 4G Verizon phone.

The first thing to try and find is anything that Samsung made. On my Focus I have a 'DiagnosisApp' that contains the libraries needed to interact with Samsung drivers.

I would first start by downloading my Webserver project (or any other file explorer), and inspect the /Windows directory. If you find any XAP's in there, pull them off and take a look inside.

Reactions: Chris-h11

Chris-h11

Apr 9, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
The first thing to try and find is anything that Samsung made. On my Focus I have a 'DiagnosisApp' that contains the libraries needed to interact with Samsung drivers.

I would first start by downloading my Webserver project (or any other file explorer), and inspect the /Windows directory. If you find any XAP's in there, pull them off and take a look inside.
Alright, so I tried that out, but I can't run the server because it says access denied when you did the file copy test (from \Windows\ to \Depot\). I'm assuming this means I can't access my Windows directory.

davux

Aug 5, 2010
Alright, so I tried that out, but I can't run the server because it says access denied when you did the file copy test (from \Windows\ to \Depot\). I'm assuming this means I can't access my Windows directory.

Oops, that's embarrassing. Really sorry about that, that was test code. I think the app still worked (unless it crashed). I've updated my webserver post with v4, which won't have that problem. You can pull the XAP from /Webserver/bin/release/webserver.xap in the archive.

andycted

Aug 20, 2009
Third party silverlight accent colours

Did you see this ?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10706989&postcount=116

Third party silverlight apps use \Windows\0nmm_ThemeResources.xaml and \Windows\0nmm_System.Windows.xaml, where n and mm corresponds to the background and accent numbers, respectively, that you find in the registry, for their XAML resources. And just like with the registry part you can add files other than the pre-existing ones.

So if you want to complete your accent color pickers, this is where it's done. xxxx_ThemeResources.xaml defines the PhoneAccentColor resource. Ought to be possible on HTCs and LGs atleast.

Because in fact they are still the original ones on my omnia7

Marvin_S

Dec 8, 2010
Is it possible to add a textbox where you can add the color code manually?

I would like to experiment with some colors exactly the same as the office hub, and facebook for example. Or find nice colors and try them out, its pretty much impossible to get it right with the color picker :)

Btw I tried modifieying the source, however I get a ****load of compile errors while i modified nothing but adding a textbox and a button, plus the code to add it. However the registry reading already fails with a load of errors.

Marvin_S

Dec 8, 2010

It does not work correctly on my omnia 7.

With the AccentChanger I had no problems. However yours seems to not change black or the color of the tiles... very strange

EDIT: I made a .xap myself which works fine. It's basically the same you made with the same functionality but it seems to change it right. I just hide the color picker instead.

I just modified the xap source and deleted the 0409 stuff now it works fine: http://www.zshare.net/download/855356781fbecd2f/

Last edited:

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
App works for the most part on my HD7 and thanks much. The only concern I'm having is the text (name of the color) won't change. It lets me input it, but once I step of the text box, the name changes back. Is it due to access the registry? And I noticed the concern with the picker jumping all over the place or not settling on the color you try and select also.

Last edited:

davux

Aug 5, 2010
App works for the most part on my HD7 and thanks much. The only concern I'm having is the text (name of the color) won't change. It lets me input it, but once I step of the text box, the name changes back. Is it due to access the registry? And I noticed the concern with the picker jumping all over the place or not settling on the color you try and select also.

There's some sort of delay with the HTC registry access routines. I believe what is happening is that it takes some amount of time for the new value to be set, but the program fetches the current value before the new value is set. It's very strange, and I'm not going to re-architect (and drop using data binding) the app just on a guess (I don't have an HTC device).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to the code by RustyGrum (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=914055), I've put together an accent changer app for the Focus and other Samsung devices.

http://www.daveamenta.com/2011-01/change-accent-colors-on-windows-phone-7-samsung-devices/

I have a version here that should work on HTC, LG and Samsung devices! Please test and let me know if it works
    The reason it's likely not working for you is the regional code for your language (german.) In the registry, the names for the colors are stored on a per-language basis, in different locations. En-US, for example, is 0409. You'll need to go to the correct location yourself, and edit the entry. I made an editor tonight that can edit the values, get it here.
    Registry tweak only colors the native pre-installed apps. Coloring silverlight apps need write access to \Windows.
    It´s working again !

I have modified your code as follows:

return Registry.DeviceRegistry.GetStringValue("HKLM", @"ControlPanel\Themes\AccentsDisplayName\", ID.ToString());
    }
    set
    {
    if (value != Name)
    {
    Registry.DeviceRegistry.SetStringValue("HKLM", @"ControlPanel\Themes\AccentsDisplayName\", ID.ToString(), value);
    NotifyPropertyChanged("Name");

I removed "0409" from the registry path and now it works also with German language...

Thanks for sharing the source.

contable
    It´s working again !

I have modified your code as follows:

return Registry.DeviceRegistry.GetStringValue("HKLM", @"ControlPanel\Themes\AccentsDisplayName\", ID.ToString());
    }
    set
    {
    if (value != Name)
    {
    Registry.DeviceRegistry.SetStringValue("HKLM", @"ControlPanel\Themes\AccentsDisplayName\", ID.ToString(), value);
    NotifyPropertyChanged("Name");

I removed "0409" from the registry path and now it works also with German language...

Thanks for sharing the source.

contable

Cool, I don't know if that's the right way to do the fix though? Not having full registry access, I don't know what it looks like in there. I'll mess with it on my focus a bit.