FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM-AOSP GRH78C] Oxygen v2.0-RC7 (Gingerbread, clean, fast and 100% open-sourced!!)

1,671 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,875

By AdamG, Retired Recognized Developer on 5th November 2010, 01:58 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
19th January 2011, 01:11 AM |#15621  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Android development is a hobby for me, the Android community has been good to me and I enjoy what I do, I don't do it for any personal gain or gratification so if you like Oxygen and would like to show appreciation for the time and effort me and other people have put into it then I would very much appreciate it if you could donate to a charity I support.

You can donate to the 'childhood leukaemia' project that I support via Cancer Research UK here or by clicking the link in my signature.

You can donate via Paypal or by card/cheque, thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for donating if you choose to.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to AdamG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AdamG Ad-Free

19th January 2011, 01:43 AM |#15622  
Flag Izmir
Thanks Meter: 0

More
this is my first time to installing a custom rom i installed gingerbread successfully it's working great thanks to developer
19th January 2011, 02:14 AM |#15623  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3

35 and 37 both don't give any issue on USB transfers for me and some others so it seems to be a hardware dependent software issue. I'm getting 1.5-1.9MB/s routinely, never less. I'm talking only RC6 here.

------------------------------
- Sent via HTC Desire -

I agree with you... it looks to be hardware dependent. Different part, different sd card can make big difference..

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
19th January 2011, 02:16 AM |#15624  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG

Android development is a hobby for me, the Android community has been good to me and I enjoy what I do, I don't do it for any personal gain or gratification so if you like Oxygen and would like to show appreciation for the time and effort me and other people have put into it then I would very much appreciate it if you could donate to a charity I support.

You can donate to the 'childhood leukaemia' project that I support via Cancer Research UK here or by clicking the link in my signature.

You can donate via Paypal or by card/cheque, thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for donating if you choose to.

I do not post a lot but my respect for you has just gone a bit up, sir.

Scirwode
19th January 2011, 02:38 AM |#15625  
Flag Gillingham, Dorset
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. God bless.
19th January 2011, 02:53 AM |#15626  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus42

It's physics, overvolting is obvious, it can fry and jump tracks in a CPU, but undervolting can do the same - if there's an imperfection where the current cannot overcome the resistance of the premade track, but it can overcome the resistance needed to arc onto an adjoining track.

Most intriguing. I would love to hear/learn more about this. The amounts we're overvolting/undervolting by surely aren't enough to cause the "arcing" you suggest, is it? I use "surely" with a caveat as I am not at all educated in electronics although I do show an interest in it! Are the tracks not insulated/separated from each other? What difference will 100-300mV (the average undervolt) make actually make? I can imagine the arcing you speak of to occur at a micro/nanometer scale but beyond that it's just a little too abstract for me to comprehend.
_thalamus
19th January 2011, 03:02 AM |#15627  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchasin

[snip]
Btw, anyone got a better kernel then coutts one?

Yeah, you can get better kernels than coutts almost anywhere.

His code is just kanged from benee anyway, and he didn't even give benee any credit for the first few days after he cloned his git and pushed it to his own git repo as an 'initial commit'.

Not the spirit of open source development at all, especially when benee worked so hard on the .37 code.

You are better off using vorkKernel, at least you are getting the real mccoy then.
19th January 2011, 03:13 AM |#15628  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _thalamus

Yeah, you can get better kernels than coutts almost anywhere.

His code is just kanged from benee anyway, and he didn't even give benee any credit for the first few days after he cloned his git and pushed it to his own git repo as an 'initial commit'.

Not the spirit of open source development at all, especially when benee worked so hard on the .37 code.

You are better off using vorkKernel, at least you are getting the real mccoy then.

For 1, kanged is not even a real word, I despise that word and all use of it, your British, have the decency to not use retarded dialect, your making us look bad.

I have had the problem of people complaining over authorship not being preserved in git history before, quite frankly I don't care, I'm not taking credit for work I didn't create, everyone is credited in the second post and coutts has done the same I believe.

I think your attention would be better deflected at certain other people who choose repeatedly not to publicise the kernel source despite the rules on XDA.
19th January 2011, 03:21 AM |#15629  

More
apps
Is there a reason I can't install any apps? Any app I try to install does not work...
I thought it might be my wi-fi but not they are not even installing over 3G.

Just an issue on my end?
_thalamus
19th January 2011, 03:21 AM |#15630  

More
Quote:

For 1, kanged is not even a real word, I despise that word and all use of it, your British, have the decency to not use retarded dialect, your making us look bad.

I have had the problem of people complaining over authorship not being preserved in git history before, quite frankly I don't care, I'm not taking credit for work I didn't create, everyone is credited in the second post and coutts has done the same I believe.

I think your attention would be better deflected at certain other people who choose repeatedly not to publicise the kernel source despite the rules on XDA.

Man, it's totally in the urban dictionary.

He did after being challenged I believe.

*cough* MIUI *cough cough cough*
19th January 2011, 03:23 AM |#15631  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopuf

Is there a reason I can't install any apps? Any app I try to install does not work...
I thought it might be my wi-fi but not they are not even installing over 3G.

Just an issue on my end?

Try format your sdcard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _thalamus

Man, it's totally in the urban dictionary.

He did after being challenged I believe.

*cough* MIUI *cough cough cough*

Yea added 2010, I wonder who by hmmm

I wasn't on about MIUI try further closer to home.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adamg, chuck norris, clean, gingerbread, minimal, no-video-recording, non-sense, open desire, oxygen, r-t-f-m!, stay-on-topic!, suberb, tracker+twitter instead, twitter.com/adamg_xda
Previous Thread Next Thread